Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

It's like the two dudes that left are the ones you wanted to stay. And the star that is there you kinda wish was gone.

2. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    It's like the two dudes that left are the ones you wanted to stay. And the star that is there you kinda wish was gone.
    Or it's not like that at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Or it's not like that at all.
    I understand you staying loyal and I respect you for it.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Having the awards after the draft was dumb. Also the three MVP candidates didn't feel like the right three after the playoffs, even if it is a regular season award.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Having the awards after the draft was dumb. Also the three MVP candidates didn't feel like the right three after the playoffs, even if it is a regular season award.
    I feel like with players like LeBron trying less and less in the regular season and just saving everything up for the playoffs, the MVP award is becoming less and less a reflection of reality. In all honesty, LeBron was not the most valuable regular season player this year. But in the postseason, he's the MVP pretty much every year. The more this trend continues in the NBA, the bigger that disconnect will get I think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I feel like with players like LeBron trying less and less in the regular season and just saving everything up for the playoffs, the MVP award is becoming less and less a reflection of reality. In all honesty, LeBron was not the most valuable regular season player this year. But in the postseason, he's the MVP pretty much every year. The more this trend continues in the NBA, the bigger that disconnect will get I think.
    I'll always make the argument that MVP is not best player, but player who performed the best during the designated time frame your discussing. I have no argument against Russell Westbrook being the regular season MVP, but more on the timing of the announcement. If you had said on April 20 that Russell Westbrook was MVP, then it makes complete sense.

Now, after watching the playoffs though it's clear that Kevin Durant and LeBron James are the best players on the planet and having an MVP ceremony without them two weeks after the finals just felt silly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'll always make the argument that MVP is not best player, but player who performed the best during the designated time frame your discussing. I have no argument against Russell Westbrook being the regular season MVP, but more on the timing of the announcement. If you had said on April 20 that Russell Westbrook was MVP, then it makes complete sense.

Now, after watching the playoffs though it's clear that Kevin Durant and LeBron James are the best players on the planet and having an MVP ceremony without them two weeks after the finals just felt silly.
    This is fair. It does feel odd that they have regular season awards this far after the postseason.

I do kinda get it though. This was the first year of their "NBA Awards Show" and you probably aren't get all of the players together in one place to have this show when they are getting ready for the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is fair. It does feel odd that they have regular season awards this far after the postseason.

I do kinda get it though. This was the first year of their "NBA Awards Show" and you probably aren't get all of the players together in one place to have this show when they are getting ready for the playoffs.
    I'm relatively sure James, Durant and Leonard weren't there last night, anyway. I didn't watch (I don't watch the NFL one either).

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm relatively sure James, Durant and Leonard weren't there last night, anyway. I didn't watch (I don't watch the NFL one either).
    I guess the thought is that if you have it between the reg season and playoffs, no one would show up, then you wouldn't have a show, so at least having it at this point makes it where some guys will make an appearance. Players probably don't want to go to this kind of event and ham it up with other players right before they are getting ready to try to beat them in the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I guess the thought is that if you have it between the reg season and playoffs, no one would show up, then you wouldn't have a show, so at least having it at this point makes it where some guys will make an appearance. Players probably don't want to go to this kind of event and ham it up with other players right before they are getting ready to try to beat them in the playoffs.
    So announce it with the player in front of their fans like they have in the past. Durant's MVP speech was great, I'm not going to remember or even watch an awards show in June after I've already checked out of the NBA for a few months, but I will watch his speech as we're gearing up for the playoffs.

Ultimately they are trying to extend their season like the NFL, so there's constant news for at least 10 months a year. I just think they should do regular season awards earlier. How about the six days between the conference finals and finals. That would have made sense, just like the NFL does it right before the Super Bowl.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, I don't think I've ever met a single person who watches those NFL Honors or NBA award shows. What is their market for those? I mean I guess people watch the ESPYs, but I wouldn't think their would be a market for more of that kind of show to pop up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also, I don't think I've ever met a single person who watches those NFL Honors or NBA award shows. What is their market for those? I mean I guess people watch the ESPYs, but I wouldn't think their would be a market for more of that kind of show to pop up.
    The ESPYs also happen on the only day of the year that doesn't have a major sporting event. They've timed that very well.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

What hurts/sucks the most is feeling like the homely girl who got invited to the prom by the stud athlete.

He whispered how special we are. Told us how he'd never leave us. Told us how he's a "one-girl" guy, and wanted to spend his life with one special girl.

We bought all that hook, line and sinker.

Folks said, "he'll dump you the first chance he gets", and we argued with them! No he won't dump us, he loves us! As the prom date neared he kept up the charade. Even doubled-down with fancy dinner reservations (1st contract extension).

We were all like, "is it so hard to believe that he really cares about us?"

Then. . . literally at the prom, we find out he's been sexting with new young hottie for some time behind our back, and leaves us standing there on the dance floor with no time to find another date.

So, quite naturally we're angry at him. Not so much for dumping us, but for telling us what we wanted to hear all these years instead of what he truly felt.

But mainly, we're angry at ourselves, for believing him when he told us what we wanted to hear, but it's easier to project that anger onto him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

At least you got laid a couple times.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

At some point though he is going to have to acknowledge that for all of Presti's genius - he has not pulled the right levers and the team gets further and further away from a championship with each passing year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information