Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    NTL - how do you feel about Westbrook? He always seemed to come off as a bit of a punk to me, but I don't really follow basketball, let alone the Thunder.
    He's got swagger.

Durant often got criticism for not being selfish enough, and for not having the "killer instinct" or whatever. Westbrook does not have that problem.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Why Russell Westbrook chose a post-KD Oklahoma City
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-rus...192847374.html

And yet as the rest of the NBA expected Westbrook to begin executing his exit strategy – perhaps to the Los Angeles Lakers or the New York Knicks – his own mind kept returning to Oklahoma City. Westbrook felt invested in the franchise, reveled in the role of a young core’s leader and became intrigued with the challenge of persuading a co-star to join him in free agency.

“The idea of running out to find a super team, that isn’t who he is,” one source close to Westbrook told The Vertical. “He thought, ‘These are my guys here,’ and he wanted to go to battle with them.”

As much as Durant had people of influence coming and going in his life – a revolving door of agents and spiritual gurus, personal trainers and various hangers-on – Westbrook’s inner circle never changed. His parents, his wife and his agent. With Durant, there was perpetual calculation of who had his ear and who had nudged his way into prominence. This was important information for those recruiting him to stay, and those recruiting him to leave.

Trading for Westbrook was an immense risk, because there’s no penetrating his world. Rival players couldn’t recruit him as Draymond Green and the Warriors did with Durant, because Westbrook has never shown an inclination to become buddies with his competitors. He wants to destroy them. Durant’s best relationships were outside the team, but Westbrook counts Steven Adams, Andre Roberson and Nick Collison among his closest friends in the league. He invited Victor Oladipo to train with him in Los Angeles, the Thunder’s new backcourt bonding over the sweat inside a Santa Monica gymnasium.

People always had it right with Durant: He was a community treasure, a gentleman who forever took time for those big and small within his orbit. Only, it happened that Westbrook’s fierce on-court disposition – and his sometimes brusque demeanor with the media – caused the outside to mistake his core.
    I always liked Russ better than KD anyway.

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He's got swagger.

Durant often got criticism for not being selfish enough, and for not having the "killer instinct" or whatever. Westbrook does not have that problem.
    Durant often seemed too passive. That being said, my favorite all-time memory was being at Chesapeake Arena for Game 5 against the Nuggets in 2011: The Thunder were down late in the 4th quarter, and Denver threatened to take the series back home for Game 6. Durant just took that damn game over. Hit shot after shot, made the Thunder's last 9 points (41 total). Sent Denver packing. We needed that Durant against Golden State in Game 5 & 6 & 7 this year. .. .he never showed.

Westbrook, I've always had a love/hate relationship. Love his passion. Love his drive. Love his work-hard attitude. Hate some of his decisions, which paradoxically stem from all the things I love about him.

He's not a punk at all imo. Dog-nose competitor? Yes. Leaves every ounce of effort and ability on the floor? Absolutely. Wears his heart on his sleeve? Definitely. But those aren't bad things.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Why Russell Westbrook chose a post-KD Oklahoma City
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-rus...192847374.html

I always liked Russ better than KD anyway.
    "Durant is Deleted." Holy shit!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He's got swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Durant often seemed too passive. That being said, my favorite all-time memory was being at Chesapeake Arena for Game 5 against the Nuggets in 2011: The Thunder were down late in the 4th quarter, and Denver threatened to take the series back home for Game 6. Durant just took that damn game over. Hit shot after shot, made the Thunder's last 9 points (41 total). Sent Denver packing. We needed that Durant against Golden State in Game 5 & 6 & 7 this year. .. .he never showed.

Westbrook, I've always had a love/hate relationship. Love his passion. Love his drive. Love his work-hard attitude. Hate some of his decisions, which paradoxically stem from all the things I love about him.

He's not a punk at all imo. Dog-nose competitor? Yes. Leaves every ounce of effort and ability on the floor? Absolutely. Wears his heart on his sleeve? Definitely. But those aren't bad things.
    Thanks. Despite my "punk" comment, I've always felt he backed everything up. And, I agree he'll be even better without Durant around.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Thanks. Despite my "punk" comment, I've always felt he backed everything up. And, I agree he'll be even better without Durant around.
    I predict he will be the MVP next season.

The Thunder are probably #4 or #5 in the West, and won't have the firepower to beat Golden State, but Westbrook will be MVP.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 26m26 minutes ago
    Westbrook: "There's no where else I'd rather be than Oklahoma City."

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 26m26 minutes ago
    Westbrook says he will be "loyal" to Thunder fans because "loyalty is something I stand by."

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 25m25 minutes ago
    Westbrook on why sign the extension now: "There's no need to wait if you know where you want to be."

Anthony Slater ‏@anthonyVslater 22m22 minutes ago
    Westbrook said he found out about KD's decision "like y'all found out." Said KD texted him once after the fact, haven't spoken since.

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 16m16 minutes ago
    Westbrook asked if Durant leaving for the Warriors made it sting more: "Sting for who?"

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Westbrook did what was best for him just like KD did what was best for himself. I don't really think either one has much to do with the other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Westbrook did what was best for him just like KD did what was best for himself. I don't really think either one has much to do with the other.
    Exactly. It's pretty easy to say all these good things about a city and organization when you're getting paid $84 million over three years. And probably more in the 3rd year, based on how the contract was structured.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I predict he will be the MVP next season.

The Thunder are probably #4 or #5 in the West, and won't have the firepower to beat Golden State, but Westbrook will be MVP.
    he may not be able to average a triple double, but it won't be from lack of trying. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Pissed off Westbrook is going to be fun to watch.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

What an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    What an idiot.
    How so? He just got paid and he's going to get to take all the shots he wants. I'd say he's set up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How so? He just got paid and he's going to get to take all the shots he wants. I'd say he's set up pretty well.
    He just committed to a franchise that is cheap and only pretends to care about winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information