Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It's so crazy, the similarities between my favorite teams. Both with awesome rosters, recently in the championship game, and firing their respective, successful records-wise coaches.
    Orange and blue as well.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

I kind of thought OKC's inability to score from the low block really hurt them. I never understood why their power forward couldn't develop into that guy.

The whole offense can't revolve solely around making plays from the perimeter.

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Thunder: If you didn't like late-game coaching from Scott Brooks, brace yourself for Billy Donovan

This article was written yesterday. OKC hired Donovan today

One of the gripes about Scott Brooks heard most often over the years was his coaching late in games.

Plays weren’t well-designed.

Players in the game weren’t the best options.

You might want to brace yourself, Thunder Nation. One of the biggest knocks on the prohibitive favorite to replace Brooks is poor coaching late in games.

Yep, Florida coach Billy Donovan might have lots going for him — he apparently has enough that multiple reports have the Thunder in serious contract negotiations with him — but he definitely isn’t a late-game master. Over the past five years, his Gators were 20-21 (.488) in games decided by five points or less.
    rest - http://newsok.com/thunder-if-you-did...rticle/5414779

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

How many college coaches do well when they get to the pros in the NBA? Higher or lower success rate than in the NFL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    How many college coaches do well when they get to the pros in the NBA? Higher or lower success rate than in the NFL?
    Not enough to make me feel comfortable.

On the other hand, not many get to come to the NBA and coach 2 of the top 5 players in the league.

Not enough to make me feel comfortable.

On the other hand, not many get to come to the NBA and coach 2 of the top 5 players in the league.
    That's an optimistic way to look at it.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Extension signed

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Man, who would have thought that Russel was the loyal guy, and Durant the (insert derogatory comment here)?

12. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Interesting.

Remember listening to someone talk about how they thought Westbrook was the more settled in of the two, wife, house in the burbs, charities, etc. Maybe they were right. I'm trying to remember who was talking about it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Interesting.

Remember listening to someone talk about how they thought Westbrook was the more settled in of the two, wife, house in the burbs, charities, etc. Maybe they were right. I'm trying to remember who was talking about it.
    Royce Young has been saying this. He has said a few times that I've heard that the organization itself was much more confident in Russell staying vs. Durant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Westbrook might average 40 this year without Durant to share the ball with. Will be fun to watch, that's for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Royce Young has been saying this. He has said a few times that I've heard that the organization itself was much more confident in Russell staying vs. Durant.
    That's probably who I heard, because I was thinking it was ESPN.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Russell Westbrook, OKC agree to new 3-year, $85.7M deal

Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder have reached an agreement in principle on a new contract potentially worth $85.7 million over the next three seasons, league sources told ESPN. The deal includes a player option that would allow Westbrook to still become a free agent after the 2017-18 season.

Westbrook, who has played all eight seasons of his career for the Thunder, will sign the contract on Thursday in Oklahoma City, sources said. The Thunder announced a news conference on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. ET for what it called a "major announcement."

Talks between the sides centered around the addition of two more years to Westbrook's current deal, which expires after the 2016-17 season. The new deal would call for Westbrook's salary to jump from $17.8 million next season to the maximum $26.5 million. He would then earn the max the next two seasons if he exercises the third-year option.

The player option for the third season of the deal will allow Westbrook to capitalize on the league rule allowing players who have completed 10 seasons to earn a larger max salary.
    rest - plus video - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...talks-new-deal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

NTL - how do you feel about Westbrook? He always seemed to come off as a bit of a punk to me, but I don't really follow basketball, let alone the Thunder.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Steve's OKC Central ‏@stevelackmeyer 16h16 hours ago
    If given a choice between KD and Westbrook based on play, toughness the past couple yrs... we got the better one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information