Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: And the Broncos vs. Colts Defensive MVP is…

Default And the Broncos vs. Colts Defensive MVP is…

Well, John Lynch, kiddies.

Oh, did I forget to mention that he was actually the COLTS’ MVP?

Well, sorry ‘bout that.

And, Broncos fans, you already know the reason why. He had to sit out the game, due to injury.

When the Lynchman “touches” you, you are already tackled—dead in your tracks. You don’t survive for four or five or six or 8 or 12 extra yards. You are alread Dead on Arrival, baby.

We need the captain of the D back for the remainder of the season…. to teach the new kids on the block how to tackle!

--a still steamed…

uncle buck

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

John Lynch, Steve Atwater, John Mobley, Al Wilson, Lynn Swann, Lawrence Taylor, and a sniper combined couldn't have helped us win that game today.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    John Lynch, Steve Atwater, John Mobley, Al Wilson, Lynn Swann, Lawrence Taylor, and a sniper combined couldn't have helped us win that game today.
    Well, I see your point, SR (and love your tat's btw), but I think there was a big lacking in inspiration on the D line.

I really didn't expect to actually win today's game, but I was sure hoping for a better showing. The offense turned up (but not enough), and the D did not. Blood simple.

That said, I think we played the best team in the NFL today. The Pats are a close second, with possibly better coaching. Whatever, Manning is the best QB in the game today.

I see your point, however. They are just that good. They not only have Peyton, but they have a complete team, on both sides of the ball.

I'm just saying that we should have done better, and this loss is on the defense.

Sound fair enough to you, bro?

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Well, John Lynch, kiddies.

Oh, did I forget to mention that he was actually the COLTS’ MVP?

Well, sorry ‘bout that.

And, Broncos fans, you already know the reason why. He had to sit out the game, due to injury.

When the Lynchman “touches” you, you are already tackled—dead in your tracks. You don’t survive for four or five or six or 8 or 12 extra yards. You are alread Dead on Arrival, baby.

We need the captain of the D back for the remainder of the season…. to teach the new kids on the block how to tackle!

--a still steamed…

uncle buck

I brought this up before the season started wanting to know who is going to emerge as the defensive leader ..primarily in the middle. So far we have yet to have anyone come close to Al's leadership..and the only one close was in street clothes today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Aside from Henry and Young, I thought our offense looked like poop. Jay Cutler showed zero emotion and looked lost without Walker. The play calling was awful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    I brought this up before the season started wanting to know who is going to emerge as the defensive leader ..primarily in the middle. So far we have yet to have anyone come close to Al's leadership..and the only one close was in street clothes today.
    I don't think leadership is the problem at all. The problem is the defensive scheme.

Aside from Henry and Young, I thought our offense looked like poop. Jay Cutler showed zero emotion and looked lost without Walker. The play calling was awful.
    You know sumpin' here, SR? I didn't want to say that out loud, but I'm really wondering about Jay. Did the Stepford Wives have cloned children or what?

I was all pumped up today, watching the fire in Brett Favre's eyes (age 38) as he busted down Marino's record.

This is football, baby, not chess. (Well, it IS chess, in a way.)

But, then, again, you have Cutler's arm (but is it just a bionic arm?).

Yeah, bro, I'd like to see a little more emotion.

--uncle

jay is a cool cat...

the reason why he can come back for game winning drives is because he is ice...

but i must say...

in the last several weeks we have NOT thrown anything long...

why are we wasting his arm and our great WDs??
    ________
    Live sex webshows
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    You know sumpin' here, SR? I didn't want to say that out loud, but I'm really wondering about Jay. Did the Stepford Wives have cloned children or what?

I was all pumped up today, watching the fire in Brett Favre's eyes (age 38) as he busted down Marino's record.

This is football, baby, not chess. (Well, it IS chess, in a way.)

But, then, again, you have Cutler's arm (but is it just a bionic arm?).

Yeah, bro, I'd like to see a little more emotion.

--uncle

I was comparing him today to the likes of Brian Griese and David Aebischer (former goalie for the Avs). Neither of those players ever showed any emotion or fire. It's really irritating and the more of that I see out of him the less I like him. Honestly, I still think the potential is there for him to be very good, but if there's no fire it really causes me to question his character. Ya know?

I was comparing him today to the likes of Brian Griese and David Aebischer (former goalie for the Avs). Neither of those players ever showed any emotion or fire. It's really irritating and the more of that I see out of him the less I like him. Honestly, I still think the potential is there for him to be very good, but if there's no fire it really causes me to question his character. Ya know?
    Yeah, I know, I KNOW, dammit!

<solly 'bout stealing a line from "Slapshot">

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Default What a joke!!!

I'd rather see a QB that is cool and calm than see a QB jump around like a cheerleader or throwing a temper tantrum like B.O.

To each his own, I guess....I'm just fine with Cutlers demeaner.

It's going to be something, it might as well be his lack of Tony Robbins'ness. ....
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

No, but Michael Dean Perry, Keith Traylor, and Dave Costa in their prime could have.

Somebody who could play DT.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Cutlers lack of emotion may be due to "ice" but he needs to step up. Brady has true "ice" in his veins and its because he will drive you down and get you the points. Jay just looks like, " Hey, I am just out here doing my job"

I would take Favres love for the game any day over this so called "ice"

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I'd rather see a QB that is cool and calm than see a QB jump around like a cheerleader or throwing a temper tantrum like B.O.

To each his own, I guess....I'm just fine with Cutlers demeaner.

It's going to be something, it might as well be his lack of Tony Robbins'ness. ....
    1. If I had B.O., I'd jump around too.

2. I like a calm and cool QB. But just don't fall asleep, or say things, prior to the game like, "Aww, you know, they might have an off day."

3. I agree with you on Tony Robbins.

4. A point in your favor: Phillip Rivers is easily rattled, and it shows. I'm glad that SD has him!

5. Are you a girl?

6. Pay no attention to me, I'm still steamed.

7. This is not your uncle speaking!

8. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't think you can take calmness and poise for a lack of love for the game.
    Shanny said he sees a love for the game in this kid that he (Shanny) hasn't
    seen in past QBs here. Cutler's job is to quarterback the team, not lead the
    cheers for it.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information