Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am sorry, I was wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default I am sorry, I was wrong.

Clearly the majority of people on this board like Peyton Hillis for his style of play and it has nothing to do with his race or a hate for Josh McDaniels. I was wrong for assuming these things and wrong for accusing people of lying about their reasons for liking him. Please berate me for my ignorance as you wish, as it is fully deserved.

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Frankly I did not see what all the hoopla was about.

While I -liked the kid he did not fit into the RB "box" that everyone so adamantly had to be.
    A black between 195-215 pounds that we got so used to seeing in mikeys offenseive scheme.

He was to big to slow to be a RB. Even BT and MS thought that. As far as that goes even into 09 BT and Josh thought that.

Frankly unto he was pressed into play when all the other RBs went down 80+% on the forums tought that.

There were only a few. Of us that I can recall that wanted to see him as a RB. Then once he showed what a force he was almost everyone climbed on the band wagon.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 07-14-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Frankly I did not see what all the hoopla was about.

While I -liked the kid he did not fit into the RB "box" that everyone so adamantly had to be.
    A black between 195-215 pounds that we got so used to seeing in mikeys
    WTH are you talking about?

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Clearly the majority of people on this board like Peyton Hillis for his style of play and it has nothing to do with his race or a hate for Josh McDaniels. I was wrong for assuming these things and wrong for accusing people of lying about their reasons for liking him. Please berate me for my ignorance as you wish, as it is fully deserved.
    Does it have to be in regards to this one instance?

I think you overestimated/stated it... but I got what you were getting at and understand it.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

BTB, I had no issue with the stance you chose to take, but took issue with your deciding to not listen to the very people you based these assumptions on. Nationwide, yea there could be some that are all about the white RB, here not so much. Here we have more familiarity with him and genuinely like him and his abilities. :shrugs:

I commend you for posting this thread though. Most wouldn't.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

This is still going on?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I'm a little confused. Probably because I didn't follow the Hillis thread that much. But I assume that you are black and don't like Hillis?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I'm a little confused. Probably because I didn't follow the Hillis thread that much. But I assume that you are black and don't like Hillis?
    No, I'm a whitey.

No, I'm a whitey.
    then shape up and start acting like one!

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If I remember correctly, the race issue was brought up when someone quoted a nobody blogger with alleged insider sources that he happened to cross paths with at a party.

Nevertheless, speaking as a white former security officer who has had the race card pulled on me on numerous occasions, I accept your apology. I'll admit to being hypersensitive anytime it appears that someone is assuming that I'm siding against any ethnic minority just because of their race.

As far as this site's apparent love affair with Peyton Hillis, I think that it has more to do with the general hatred towards McD. The fact that a player that he didn't want was making it big for another team only fueled the fire.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

16. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Actually I do like that Hillis is white. Should I be ashamed of that? Should black people be ashamed of liking Obama because he's black.

Don't get me wrong if Hillis was a jerk I wouldn't disregard that simply because he's white but watching a white RB (who I also like as a person and football player) rush for 1000 yards is cool.

Regardless of what guilt stricken white folk try to convince the world of, it's okay to be white and it's even okay to be proud of it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I liked him from day one when I got some INFO on him and studied up on him.. I figured to be the starter and then have only Bush and Jones come in and knock you out of that spot that you had to have something on the ball.

Like most folks I did not see him as a RB but more of a Kevin faulk type player getting losts of 3rd and shorts and inside the 5 type carries as well as being a great receiver out of the backfield..
    IIRC mikey even commented during or right after his rookie TC he had the best hands of all receivers on the team.

that kind of cemented my thought process about him being our Kevin Faulk when Josh came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I liked him from day one when I got some INFO on him and studied up on him.. I figured to be the starter and then have only Bush and Jones come in and knock you out of that spot that you had to have something on the ball.

Like most folks I did not see him as a RB but more of a Kevin faulk type player getting losts of 3rd and shorts and inside the 5 type carries as well as being a great receiver out of the backfield..
    IIRC mikey even commented during or right after his rookie TC he had the best hands of all receivers on the team.

that kind of cemented my thought process about him being our Kevin Faulk when Josh came to town.

I am trying to follow you here but I can not figure out what or who you are talking about....?

Who is bush and jones? reggie bush?
    Im very confused.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I am trying to follow you here but I can not figure out what or who you are talking about....?

Who is bush and jones? reggie bush?
    Im very confused.
    the two played in Arkansas with him.. Replaced him as the starting TB while he was the starting FB or blocking back for them..

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Actually I do like that Hillis is white. Should I be ashamed of that? Should black people be ashamed of liking Obama because he's black.

Don't get me wrong if Hillis was a jerk I wouldn't disregard that simply because he's white but watching a white RB (who I also like as a person and football player) rush for 1000 yards is cool.

Regardless of what guilt stricken white folk try to convince the world of, it's okay to be white and it's even okay to be proud of it.
    I like being white, but damn do I wish I were 100 percent something. Dutch comes to mind.

races/ethnicities that I am glad I am not

Mexican
    Irish (the Irish curse)
    English (might be kinda fun, but some of them irritate me.
    American Indian (incidence of alcoholism and kinda have weird ways about them. Although I do respect many of the tribal chiefs and elders
    Last edited by BroncoNut; 07-14-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information