Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley thinks Josh McDaniels was cheating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    So do I, and he must not have been very adept at it.
    McDaniels got to sit at the feet of the Grand Master of Cheating for eight years.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    McDaniels got to sit at the feet of the Grand Master of Cheating for eight years.
    At least MoC WON....

How sad is it when you cheat and STILL lose 21 of 26 games?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I don't "love" McDaniels, I just think the hate for him was, and still is, over the top. And I'm not even mad at Bowlen for firing him. It was the right call, but I still don't think McD is some moron who came here to destroy the Broncos.
    amazing that some folks even think that is it not.

a plot of Billies to ruin the one team that seems to have his number..

I think it is more about his being from NE (whom everyone hated) and the shock of Pat hiring a young offensive minded HC instead of Spagnola..

At first I did not like the hire either but studied up on the kid and saw he was going to do all the things I had been advocating for years.. Bigger stronger smarter and faster team and moving away from the ZBS and 4-3 defense.

it made sense to me.. as I figured out that those were big parts of our getting our asses handed to us in the late season and getting them kicked in the playoffs out guys were simply not athletic and big enough to play with the BIG boys when it counted..

gotta admit, this actually makes me like McD more.

Well, a team he was with was caught for videotaping....again. Something about ethics and morals and once they've been shown to be questionable, you don't just change that overnight. Don't like the stigma, quit getting caught for the deed.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Well, a team he was with was caught for videotaping....again. Something about ethics and morals and once they've been shown to be questionable, you don't just change that overnight. Don't like the stigma, quit getting caught for the deed.
    Shhhhh, dont bring logic into the equation girl......

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Shhhhh, dont bring logic into the equation girl......
    No, logic would be noting that it's easy to cheat (like against SF) when both teams are practicing on the same field. During a normal game, when the teams are practicing in different states during the week, it's simply not possible.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

No, logic would be noting that it's easy to cheat (like against SF) when both teams are practicing on the same field. During a normal game, when the teams are practicing in different states during the week, it's simply not possible.
    What? Explain how that makes any sense or separates logic? Is it not cheating because he tried to take advantage of an "easier" opportunity?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Considering McD's history, im not shocked and would not be shocked if he was cheating. But thank god the ******** is gone now.
    what did anyone expect? the guy was taught by the biggest douche in coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    What? Explain how that makes any sense or separates logic? Is it not cheating because he tried to take advantage of an "easier" opportunity?
    You misunderstood my post. I fully admit what he did against SF was cheating and I don't condone it at all.

My point is that it's highly unlikely that he cheated against the Chiefs seeing as it's impossible to go film their practice when they are across the country at their own private facility.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

You misunderstood my post. I fully admit what he did against SF was cheating and I don't condone it at all.

My point is that it's highly unlikely that he cheated against the Chiefs seeing as it's impossible to go film their practice when they are across the country at their own private facility.
    Ahhhh...gotcha.

Well, there are the pre-
    Game walk throughs which is what mcd was busted for taping against San fran.....it is possible to tape those if you try.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I don't "love" McDaniels, I just think the hate for him was, and still is, over the top. And I'm not even mad at Bowlen for firing him. It was the right call, but I still don't think McD is some moron who came here to destroy the Broncos.
    No doubt. People act as if he isn't qualified to run a high school team. Belichick regarded him as his brightest assistant coach, and while there was no love for Mangini or Crennel, he was pretty outspoken (well, as outspoken as Belichick can get) about McDaniels being a loss to the Patriots when he left.

He was hired to be a coach, and I think he did a reasonable job of doing that. It's when he took over personnel that things got out of hand, and part of the blame goes to Xanders and Ellis/Bowlen for allowing that to happen. McDaniels had a system for a specific type of personnel, and he just never gave himself the talent to succeed with that system.

I never looked at the Broncos and thought, "Man, the players have given up." They played hard until the end of the fourth quarter, but they just didn't have the talent. That indicates to me that the coach is doing something right.

Yeah, he should have been fired - the mini-Spygate thing was a black eye, and I don't know how you gracefully demote him from being a personnel guy to just being a coach, and the record obviously wasn't good because of the lack of talent on the field, which was largely his fault (although Shanahan didn't exactly leave him with the 1985 Bears defense).

A lot of his mistakes came from youth/inexperience, but he's also clearly very smart and talented, and I would bet a reasonable sum of money on him being a successful head coach in the NFL in the next 5-10 years.

And for a season and a half+, we had one of the two coaches in the NFL who actually understand opportunity cost/expected value (anyone who's played poker for any real amount of money can sympathize with my frustration here). Boy, that was nice to see someone who understands something most of the league does not, even though I think it's pretty basic.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived zbeg For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Ahhhh...gotcha.

Well, there are the pre-
    Game walk throughs which is what mcd was busted for taping against San fran.....it is possible to tape those if you try.
    I suppose. I've read things in the past though saying they really don't reveal much in those. I suppose you could get something from it, but I don't think you can use that as an excuse for getting beat by 20 points.

Getting rid of talent is not how. You win in the NFL....mcd didn't understand much at all

I suppose. I've read things in the past though saying they really don't reveal much in those. I suppose you could get something from it, but I don't think you can use that as an excuse for getting beat by 20 points.
    No. I afgree. But. You could snag alignments and formations they have been practicing all week for you.

I don't like Haley either, so his comments meant nothing to me

23. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information