Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Todd Haley thinks Josh McDaniels was cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    While that may be true, I have to wonder why the video guy felt comfortable enough to bring McDaniels the tape. Even if McD didn't order the taping it's apparent to me that the environment he created did not dissuade this type of behavior.
    I have to believe that when he was hired he was warned not to do that stuff as it was not allowed.

Why Josh did not immediately bring it to someones attention is beyond my grasp. but then he had lots of other things on his plate at the time, like trying to win games..

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I have to believe that when he was hired he was warned not to do that stuff as it was not allowed.

Why Josh did not immediately bring it to someones attention is beyond my grasp. but then he had lots of other things on his plate at the time, like trying to win games..
    I believe he admitted to trying to cover for the guy. It had nothing to do with trying to win a game. There were NFL officials, including the commissioner, in London, he could have made one phone call and addressed it.

If we take what joshy said at face value, and I do, he felt he had handled it by reprimanding the guy, refusing to take the tape and telling him to never do it again. I think it was more a case of trying to help out a long time colleague, and maybe friend, than it was of being too busy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    In the previous post you talk about just wanting people to embrace possibilities, but you have proven to be extremely closed minded in your 'imagined' scenario.

Now, you are comparing insinuating some type of conspiracy among Bowlen, Elway and Ellis when it comes to Xanders. Somehow they are getting together to fool fans into believing Xanders did no wrong, when in reality he was complicit... Oh, my, why would they trick us so -- please tell me it ain't so...

Think about what you're saying/implying.
    hardly --- I still don't think you get my point.Did Bowlen & Ellis ever say what Xanders roles were? Nope.. they say Mcd was calling the shots. that was it.
    Are they infallable? misled? could they be forgiving? see more good than bad in Xanders? whatever..
    there are a gaziilion scenarios of him having involvment / knowledge etc that makes more sense than one guy at the top acting alone in all matters of concern. Corporations just don't work that way and this one has spent a considerable amount of PR time to clear his name if he was in fact just a schlep.

I will leave this it alone now.. we aren't going to change each others mind. no biggie..
    time will tell on what is Xanders overall worth to the franchise and here's hoping he helps Elway and Fox build a winner again!

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    but then he had lots of other things on his plate at the time, like trying to win games..
    So how'd he do JR?

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    hardly --- I still don't think you get my point.Did Bowlen & Ellis ever say what Xanders roles were? Nope.. they say Mcd was calling the shots. that was it.
    Are they infallable? misled? could they be forgiving? see more good than bad in Xanders? whatever..
    there are a gaziilion scenarios of him having involvment / knowledge etc that makes more sense than one guy at the top acting alone in all matters of concern. Corporations just don't work that way and this one has spent a considerable amount of PR time to clear his name if he was in fact just a schlep.

I will leave this it alone now.. we aren't going to change each others mind. no biggie..
    time will tell on what is Xanders overall worth to the franchise and here's hoping he helps Elway and Fox build a winner again!
    For starters, Elway said that Xanders was never given the chance to be a GM other than in name only (paraphrasing, but that's very close). Ellis said that McDaniels, like every other coach Bowlen has hired, was given full control, and that was a mistake. They didn't separate the player/personnel decisions from the HC decisions.

Beyond that, I have absolutely NO idea what point you were trying to make, because you mostly just seemed to be argumentative, rather than offering any facts or details based on what "we know."

At this point, the best you can offer is that Xanders, Elway and Ellis have lied or in other ways covered for Xanders, which unless Xanders is Bowlen's illegitimate son, or is blackmailing Ellis, doesn't seem like a very likely scenario.

I really fail to see why you guys railing on Xanders and saying he should have been fired, don't just have a little faith that Elway and Ellis know a little more about what went on than we do, and have a much better feel for whether or not Xanders can help the team than we do, and realize that these guys wouldn't have kept him on unless they believed he would help them get back to winning football.

Maybe there is something to that whole Acoms Razor thing...

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Maybe Elway knew he would have to go looking for a figure head GM, and after careful thoughts, realized he already had one in the building.

I dunno. Just start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Maybe Elway knew he would have to go looking for a figure head GM, and after careful thoughts, realized he already had one in the building.

I dunno. Just start the season.
    Ok, I didn't think I would ever say this to one of your posts, but...

I think you might have hit on the most sensible solution of the bunch. Dammit man, I think you are right!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information