Poll: Who will we sign at RB in free agency

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX: Another RB is our no. 1 priority

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Too me, this is a question I keep asking myself. Hopefully EFX has a plan to address the defensive tackle position. And what about middle linebacker? Is Irving going to be the answer? I see such a gigantic hole in the middle.
    I kept asking that question when Nolan came to town and he brought fields with him.

Fwiw we have been rebuilding since John retired just nobody wanted to acknowledge it
    We took a healthy step forward last year with two good to great OL guys and wiyh another this year that position should be covered for up to a decade now just need some quality backups.
    May also have our WRs of the future in DT and the new Eddie Mac
    Now perhaps if TEbow is the stud everyone thinks he is the 10 draft just might be the best ever.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. View Post
    Terrell Davis ran 4.72 40 at the combine.....
    And had Barry Sanders vision and moves. Davis wasnt quick, but he was decepitively fast, and you couldnt tackle him in a phone booth.
    Not to mention that if you did manage to hit him, you often just bounced off.

Take a little barry and a little emmit, and WALA! Terrel Davis.

3. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    And had Barry Sanders vision and moves. Davis wasnt quick, but he was decepitively fast, and you couldnt tackle him in a phone booth.

Not to mention, when he was in the open field, he flat OUT RAN teams to the endzone. If ran a 4.7 at the combine, he did it with 2 sprained ankles, but he was MUCh faster than that on the field.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    We took a healthy step forward last year

May also have our WRs of the future in DT and the new Eddie Mac
    Now perhaps if TEbow is the stud everyone thinks he is the 10 draft just might be the best ever.
    Time will tell.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Senility is not something to joke about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!:1295819
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post

Not to mention, when he was in the open field, he flat OUT RAN teams to the endzone. If ran a 4.7 at the combine, he did it with 2 sprained ankles, but he was MUCh faster than that on the field.
    There's really something to be said about game speed vs. Combine speed. I covered a kid about five years ago who was, as his coach admitted, slow in a 40-yard dashes during fall practices ("slowest" wide receiver), and then flat out out-run every kid on the field in games. That's what made TD great.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There's really something to be said about game speed vs. Combine speed. I covered a kid about five years ago who was, as his coach admitted, slow in a 40-yard dashes during fall practices ("slowest" wide receiver), and then flat out out-run every kid on the field in games. That's what made TD great.
    TD definitely had game speed, something different from his combine 40 time which I think TD hated. What was it 4.72 I think.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

To be completely honest, I think I would love to see us grab Sproles (spelling) and get John Clay in the UDFA pool. Moreno should be 45-50% better than last year. I like, and have liked Moreno since his last year of college ball. I ultimately wish we would have taken Orakpo or Matthews with that pick, and taken someone else with the 18th pick, and then taken Shonn Green in the second with the 09 draft, but that is here-say...Bring on FA

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by randyschwimmer7 View Post
    To be completely honest, I think I would love to see us grab Sproles (spelling) and get John Clay in the UDFA pool. Moreno should be 45-50% better than last year. I like, and have liked Moreno since his last year of college ball. I ultimately wish we would have taken Orakpo or Matthews with that pick, and taken someone else with the 18th pick, and then taken Shonn Green in the second with the 09 draft, but that is here-say...Bring on FA
    I voted Michael Bush to pair with Moreno, but he like Moreno has some injury concerns. Guess we will know in a little while (hoping).

I voted Michael Bush to pair with Moreno, but he like Moreno has some injury concerns. Guess we will know in a little while (hoping).
    I agree with the assessment about MB. Hard stud runner, but maybe a little to fragile. John Clay is a lot like Bush, but no injury concerns. Moreno in rotation with Clay, LenDale, and. Sproles as 3rd down back would be a sick backfield.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Norwood in place of LenDale...he is a home run hitter

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by randyschwimmer7 View Post
    I agree with the assessment about MB. Hard stud runner, but maybe a little to fragile. John Clay is a lot like Bush, but no injury concerns. Moreno in rotation with Clay, LenDale, and. Sproles as 3rd down back would be a sick backfield.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Norwood in place of LenDale...he is a home run hitter
    I'm not expecting White to make the team. An achilles injury at his age is just devatating. Too bad for him. We need a hard nosed runner, a bruiser I feel.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I'm not expecting White to make the team. An achilles injury at his age is just devatating. Too bad for him. We need a hard nosed runner, a bruiser I feel.
    Lendale is 27 - is that too old to come back from an achilles injury?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol):1295882
    Lendale is 27 - is that too old to come back from an achilles injury?
    Achilles injuries for running backs at any age can be devastating.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

particularly guys that were slow before. . .

i'll be shocked if he makes the roster. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish:1295889
    particularly guys that were slow before. . .

i'll be shocked if he makes the roster. . .
    Much less wide receivers

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information