Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Q&A: Broncos are prepared for a flurry of free-agent activity

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Q&A: Broncos are prepared for a flurry of free-agent activity

Q: Whenever the lockout ends, how do you think the NFL will handle free agents?

A: David, most personnel staffs in the NFL, the Broncos included, spent the better part of May and June dealing with that issue.

As the league and the players continue to negotiate toward a new collective bargaining agreement, one of the key components as the season approaches is free agency.

There are basically two categories of players this affects: veterans who are free agents — Denver native Daniel Graham is one of them — and rookies who were not drafted.

The Broncos have evaluated players with between four and six years of experience because those players are the most likely to be in the free-agency class.

They also know which undrafted rookies they will pursue.
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18434658

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Anybody know the rules on contact between the teams and the agents during this whole deal? I'm assuming it's not allowed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Anybody know the rules on contact between the teams and the agents during this whole deal? I'm assuming it's not allowed.
    It's not allowed

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

but the word on the street (think i saw it on NFLN) that agents were contacted about their clients. specifically the Undrafted FA's.

I hope Denver makes Orton a free agent!! J/k lol let's trade him to Seattle for Mebane!!!

^^ MasterShakes work of art. Not mine. He rocks!!! I'm a Broncos fan first and a Tebow fan second!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived broncoFan! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    I hope Denver makes Orton a free agent!! J/k lol let's trade him to Seattle for Mebane!!!
    Amen to the trade; maybe not so much the free agency :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Amen to the trade; maybe not so much the free agency :P
    Hey nice to see you made an account!! *Yah I was just kidding about FA lol*

^^ MasterShakes work of art. Not mine. He rocks!!! I'm a Broncos fan first and a Tebow fan second!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Hey nice to see you made an account!! *Yah I was just kidding about FA lol*
    I figured that :P, damn sarcasm hiding in text >:o

I figured that :P, damn sarcasm hiding in text >:o
    That's the thing about the intranets lol. You can never know when someone's serious or not because you can't see their face.

No, that's just the thing about being unable to write and articulate properly, as well as use common sense and logic when reading.

No, that's just the thing about being unable to write and articulate properly, as well as use common sense and logic when reading.
    Gotta love when someone posts specifically to add nothing to a conversation except to degrade someone and make themselves feel better. Good for you m8

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Brakshow For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Gotta love when someone posts specifically to add nothing to a conversation except to degrade someone and make themselves feel better. Good for you m8
    Seems to be his main purpose for being here

16. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Jesus, that's not true at all. Lord knows I do my fair share of talking about the Broncos. I mean, Hell, most of it's purely about the team and current events pertaining to the team, but every now and then (like when this Brak kid was bantering with his friend using emoticons and j/k/lol/etc) I break form. Crucify me already, Christ.

Jesus, that's not true at all. Lord knows I do my fair share of talking about the Broncos. I mean, Hell, most of it's purely about the team and current events pertaining to the team, but every now and then (like when this Brak kid was bantering with his friend using emoticons and j/k/lol/etc) I break form. Crucify me already, Christ.
    Since when were emoticons a declaration of war, and who really lets that bother them? I'm not a kid either as I've been in the Bronco community a long time; time on this site doesn't justify a reason for attack.

Can someone build me a bridge to get over the river this guy is crying? /cliche of the day

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information