Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Orton Trade Debate.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Beer Girl

Default Kyle Orton Trade Debate.

For the most part, fans can agree that Kyle Orton is not going to be the pretty boy face you would slap on a box of "Wheaties". It's not likely that with Kyle Orton as your face of the franchise that he would sell tickets to anybody, anywhere in any Stadium across the league. This is not a new fact. The Broncos may have had a slight advantage by having less fans in the stadiums on the road when Orton started.

Aside from the Dallas Cowboys, America's other team is the Denver Broncos. Together our fanbase is enough to spread around the league, and some. So with Orton out as the face of the franchise because he is, and always was a plugstopper. This was only suppose to be the case until we drafted our next "1" who ended up being Tim Tebow. Since coaching staffs, and scouts had few games to scout him, the jury is out across the league that we don't have a Pocket Passer who can take us to another level. So that may have left Denver with a question mark as to whether or not Tim Tebow is the answer.

The quick fix band aid solution may be simple. See if a team like the Bengals want to part ways with Carson Palmer in exchange for Kyle Orton and a 3rd rounder, which would be equal to a first rounder the Bengals were asking for. The Broncos could develop a young QB during Carson's time here, and have Tim Tebow learn or develop infront of Palmer.

The rest of the FA QB's are not worth a Big Mac.
    No Guts, No Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Tebow is a virgin.

Carson Palmer is not worth 1st round value IMO (assuming KO + a 3rd rounder is first round value, which I kind of buy that notion)....Palmer's probably been the most overrated QB of this decade (Up for debate obviously, but I can't think of someone he wouldn't at least be in the conversation with). He's had a few good seasons, but the majority have been average at best.

3. The Following User High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

^^^^ 500th Post!!! WooooHoooo!!!

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Orton is as good or better than palmer and is familiar with the team.....would be like flushing a 3rd down the crapper.
    and we have done enough pick wasting to last a while

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. View Post
    Orton is as good or better than palmer and is familiar with the team.....would be like flushing a 3rd down the crapper.
    agreed....

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Personally I would love to see Carson a Bronco. I think he has a lot left and being a Bengal hasn't helped him. That said I don't think it is the right fit and it would go agianst Tebowmania which is going to have its say.
    I also think Pittsburgh and Green Bay would have something to say about being the 2nd most popular team.
    All that said I think trading Orton should and will happen

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not all the powder in Aspen is snow.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not all the powder in Aspen is snow.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Id much rather have Carson Palmer than Kyle Orton, but I would still rather start Tebow this year then have either of them.

Honestly, I would only rather start Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Rivers over TT on the broncos. Not that any of them are coming here, but I really feel they are the only ones who could do better with what we have. So id rather start tebow and let him get a full season under his belt.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Personally I would love to see Carson a Bronco. I think he has a lot left and being a Bengal hasn't helped him. That said I don't think it is the right fit and it would go agianst Tebowmania which is going to have its say.
    I also think Pittsburgh and Green Bay would have something to say about being the 2nd most popular team.
    All that said I think trading Orton should and will happen

Palmer with pro bowl receivers and RB did not do much with them, so why would he do better here with a worse running game?

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    Aside from the Dallas Cowboys, America's other team is the Denver Broncos. Together our fanbase is enough to spread around the league, and some.
    seriously? i think fans of every team not named the bengals or jaguars could say the same thing.

can the hyperbole, please. the broncos are the team of the rocky mountains, which is a pretty wide swath in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    See if a team like the Bengals want to part ways with Carson Palmer in exchange for Kyle Orton and a 3rd rounder, which would be equal to a first rounder the Bengals were asking for. The Broncos could develop a young QB during Carson's time here, and have Tim Tebow learn or develop infront of Palmer.
    You want Denver to give the Bengals 'equal to a first rounder' in order to pick up a malcontent QB who wants a new contract and you would then be satisfied with playing him as the backup QB.

I'm having a hard time comprehending what it must feel like to have this make sense in your brain.

Why would we want Palmer? Palmer is goign to go to a team that needs a starter. It doesn't even make sense to suggest such ridiculousness. Trade Orton, though.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

20. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Worst thread ever..
    I hate baseball!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncogator For This Post:

Orton is as good or better than palmer
    Do you really believe that to be the case?

and is familiar with the team.....would be like flushing a 3rd down the crapper.
    That I can agree with!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information