Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: Talks trending 'backwards'

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Talks trending 'backwards'

HERE WE GO AGAIN -

Optimism is waning after four consecutive days of negotiations between NFL owners and players and was described as trending "backwards," player sources told ESPN.

Player sources said owners have reneged on a simplified formula that would have given players 48 percent of all revenue.

Player sources reaffirmed a setback in talks occurred when owners last week went "retro" on the formula that will divide the estimated $9.3 billion in annual revenue. The players believed the two sides had reached an understanding on a simplified formula in which they would receive 48 percent of revenue, sources say owners reintroduced their previous formula by asking for $400 million to $500 million in expenses as credit off the top.

Players calculate that under the owners' proposal, it would leave them with approximately with a 45 percent take on revenue, an "unacceptable" amount that one player source said "sets us back to March 11 ... before the lockout."

A management source said the owners have not reneged on any revenue split, claiming "it's a negotiation, which is always subject to change"

A league source said the owners were more flexible Thursday afternoon on the revenue-split formula and maintained the theme "negotiations are negotiations."

Player sources contend the owners' terms changed when the two sides convened a day after owners met June 21 in Chicago. A source said the players went into Thursday's negotiating session with owners at the table, hoping to "get them back on track. They wouldn't move. It's disappointing."
    rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6721798

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    HERE WE GO AGAIN -

rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6721798
    I'm not to worried about this set back as long as they keep meeting.

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm not to worried about this set back as long as they keep meeting.
    You are definitely more optimistic than I am. Lol.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    You are definitely more optimistic than I am. Lol.
    There is a much better chance of getting things worked out if they continue to talk to each than then letting the lawyers get into legal pissing contest.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

There is a much better chance of getting things worked out if they continue to talk to each than then letting the lawyers get into legal pissing contest.
    Lol. That's a given. I've never been optimistic for the season. I've changed my stance some. I think there is going to be some shortened version of the season. My wife says I'm crazy, (she's right) it's a multi billion dollar business and they are not going to screw it up. I hope she is the right one.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Lol. That's a given. I've never been optimistic for the season. I've changed my stance some. I think there is going to be some shortened version of the season. My wife says I'm crazy, (she's right) it's a multi billion dollar business and they are not going to screw it up. I hope she is the right one.
    Wives are usually right just ask them.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Wives are usually right just ask them.
    There you have it. I see the error in my ways.

13. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

but you see the owners get paid by the networks whether the games are played or not. they have zip to lose.

the players will buckle after losing one or maybe two game day checks.. till the regular season starts or should start the players have really lost nothing since they are paid peanuts for TC and OTAs.

Once the season should start then they have lost money.. whereas the owners still get paid..

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    but you see the owners get paid by the networks whether the games are played or not. they have zip to lose.

the players will buckle after losing one or maybe two game day checks.. till the regular season starts or should start the players have really lost nothing since they are paid peanuts for TC and OTAs.

Once the season should start then they have lost money.. whereas the owners still get paid..
    No they don't that money is frozen.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

When this whole thing started, I felt when it came to dividing the revenue, both sides had drawn a line in the sand and weren't going to budge. Well months later, Carol's article says the owners haven't moved. That's not much real progress. Will we see the players buckle when they start missing game checks? Yes, but I think it is going to take a while and put the season in jeopardy or at least a sizable portion of it.

When this whole thing started, I felt when it came to dividing the revenue, both sides had drawn a line in the sand and weren't going to budge. Well months later, Carol's article says the owners haven't moved. That's not much real progress. Will we see the players buckle when they start missing game checks? Yes, but I think it is going to take a while and put the season in jeopardy or at least a sizable portion of it.
    that be the truth..

the player miss 1/16 of their salary and the bills come due the settlement will be done real fast no way it gets past 1/8 of their yearly money.. that is week two for those that attended public schools..

"It's a negotiation, which is subject to change." What a load of bull...call it what you want, I call it unethical.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

that be the truth..

the player miss 1/16 of their salary and the bills come due the settlement will be done real fast no way it gets past 1/8 of their yearly money.. that is week two for those that attended public schools..
    Let's say for sake of arguement that we settle after week 2. When could you realistically start a season. Free agency, rookie signings, training camp, preseason and supposedly the Superbowl is set in stone. Do you have a eight game season? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    "It's a negotiation, which is subject to change." What a load of bull...call it what you want, I call it unethical.
    Until you have it on paper and signed by both parties it is subject to change. Then it is voted on by the players.

Let's say for sake of arguement that we settle after week 2. When could you realistically start a season. Free agency, rookie signings, training camp, preseason and supposedly the Superbowl is set in stone. Do you have a eight game season? ???
    No idea. That would really mean the players get half their yearly money. Not sure that it will take that long to ramp up.

But i'd guess more like ten wit alot of stuff condensed into a two week period. A longer cut down period of rookies and FA. Or maybe just a larger roster for the year

But this will be settled before the third regular season game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information