Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall, what a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Last time I checked, BMarsh was better than any wide receiver you have.
    Stats don't lie. He's not.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltsOwnU View Post
    And who might you have that beats Brandon?

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

LOL

what about this stat?

4-4 > 3-5

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

PS...Brandon draws triple coverage with a safety over the top which effects stats.

5. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Let's see:

TD's/ypc avg/%receptions for 1st down/rec 20+ yds/rec 40+yds

VJ: 4/17.9/90%/8/4 also, 30 receptions for 538 yds
    CC: 5/17.1/68.8/2/0 also 16 receptions for 273 yds
    BM: 3/12.3/62.7/0/0 51 receptions for 625 yds

So your boy, with almost double VJ's catches gets under 100 more yards, no big play ability, fewer touchdowns, oh yeah, and he's a head case.

Yeah, I'll take a pass. SO would anyone with half a mind that wasn't a Donk homer.

Wait... Don't your stats there say BM has almost 100 MORE yards?

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    PS...Brandon draws triple coverage with a safety over the top which effects stats.
    LOL really?!? And maybe a giant eagle flies above him to break up plays as well. Basically you are claiming he draws the entire secondary, or at least FOUR of them if it's a nickel or dime package on every play??? lol IF so, then your other receiver should already be having a probowl season. Why not learn the game some, m'kay?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    And who might you have that beats Brandon?
    VJ's production alone, especially judged per catch, surpasses BM. BM has 90 more yards, but he needs 20 more receptions to get there? Meanwhile, BM has ZERO plays over 20 yards, ditto 40 yards. VJ has 8 and 4 respectively. VJ has a 90% first down percentage, BM? 62%. Also, VJ averages 17+ yards per catch, BM? 12.3.

VJ is better, period. Oh wait, BM does have the bigger ego and attitude and willingness to throw his team under the bus. He also pouts and whines better than VJ. I guess BM is better at somethings.

Truth hurts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Congratulations, the only thing you've proven with your "Brandon Marshall" and "Jay Cutler" threads is that your defense MUST be worse than ours, because CLEARLY your offense is SO much better than ours, and yet you have won one less game than we have, and have lost a game to us.

I've never met anyone who talked so much smack about a team that was 3-5. Compensating for something BOU?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

LOL really?!? And maybe a giant eagle flies above him to break up plays as well. Basically you are claiming he draws the entire secondary, or at least FOUR of them if it's a nickel or dime package on every play??? lol IF so, then your other receiver should already be having a probowl season. Why not learn the game some, m'kay?
    The triple coverage includes the safety.

I would say our "other receiver" is having a pretty good year

46 catches for 461 yards and 3 TD (a ROOKIE)...thats a projection of over 90 catches and almost 1000 yards with a game missed.

If you knew the game (m'kay) you would realize that good receivers draw more attention which effects statistics. If we go by YPC Devery Henderson is the best WR in the league....I mean, he has only a few less yards than that stud VJ in nearly half the catches

I like how you conveniently skipped the stat I posted....I mean, since we are all about stats, Denver must be the better of the two teams, right?

seeing Broncos and Chargers fans fight makes me LAWL
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Congratulations, the only thing you've proven with your "Brandon Marshall" and "Jay Cutler" threads is that your defense MUST be worse than ours, because CLEARLY your offense is SO much better than ours, and yet you have won one less game than we have, and have lost a game to us.

I've never met anyone who talked so much smack about a team that was 3-5. Compensating for something BOU?
    Nah, it's just a slow week and I had some time to stir things up. BM acting like a complete a-hole just made for an easier target than Denver's typical mid- and late-season slide into the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    The triple coverage includes the safety.

I would say our "other receiver" is having a pretty good year

46 catches for 461 yards and 3 TD (a ROOKIE)...thats a projection of over 90 catches and almost 1000 yards with a game missed.

If you knew the game (m'kay) you would realize that good receivers draw more attention which effects statistics. If we go by YPC Devery Henderson is the best WR in the league....I mean, he has only a few less yards than that stud VJ in nearly half the catches

I like how you conveniently skipped the stat I posted....I mean, since we are all about stats, Denver must be the better of the two teams, right?
    Nice backpedal unless your mastery of english is that poor. "Triple coverage with safety help over the top"? Maybe it can be read to cover your backpedal, buuuuut I don't think that's what you were saying.

Also, VJ is on track for 60 receptions and 1064 yards using your methodology, with 8 td's.

Chambers would be on track for 889 yards with 52 catches um, and that's missing three games already this season. Oh yeah, and 13 touchdowns. Again, using your method of projecting the season.

Lastly, our wide recievers are still kicking the stuffing out of BM and ER with a pro-bowl TE on our team that is our #1 receiver for all intents and purposes. So really, it's like putting our #2 and #3 WR's against your #1 and #2.

Cherry pick the Henderson analogy if you want, but I looked at the stats across the board and nothing you've offered up, weakens the plain reality of what I'm sayin'.
    Last edited by BoltsOwnU; 11-05-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

VJ's production alone, especially judged per catch, surpasses BM. BM has 90 more yards, but he needs 20 more receptions to get there? Meanwhile, BM has ZERO plays over 20 yards, ditto 40 yards. VJ has 8 and 4 respectively. VJ has a 90% first down percentage, BM? 62%. Also, VJ averages 17+ yards per catch, BM? 12.3.

VJ is better, period. Oh wait, BM does have the bigger ego and attitude and willingness to throw his team under the bus. He also pouts and whines better than VJ. I guess BM is better at somethings.

Truth hurts.
    First off...you are making up stats. BM has receptions over 20 yards. He AVERAGED 25.8 ypc vs NO and has had 4 other games with catches over 20 ypc. Now the 20 catch effort in week 2 (after missing a week) does hurt the ypc, but it also demonstrates his ability to be dominant. VJ takes advantage of LT and AG's leftovers and gets to face 2nd rate CBs and Safeties while BM gets matched up w/ the best defender the opponent has to offer PLUS help.

VJ looked GREAT dropping that easy TD vs NO by the way...but at least it didn't cost you a win or anything. Oh...wait... Please try harder next time. Thanx for playing.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 11-05-2008 at 11:00 PM.

15. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Is someone REALLY trying to say Vincent Jackson is BETTER than Brandon Marshall?! LMFAO.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Nice backpedal unless your mastery of english is that poor. "Triple coverage with safety help over the top"? Maybe it can be read to cover your backpedal, buuuuut I don't think that's what you were saying.

Also, VJ is on track for 60 receptions and 1064 yards using your methodology, with 8 td's.

Chambers would be on track for 889 yards with 52 catches um, and that's missing three games already this season. Oh yeah, and 13 touchdowns. Again, using your method of projecting the season.

Lastly, our wide recievers are still kicking the stuffing out of BM and ER with a pro-bowl TE on our team that is our #1 receiver for all intents and purposes. So really, it's like putting our #2 and #3 WR's against your #1 and #2.

Cherry pick the Henderson analogy if you want, but I looked at the stats across the board and nothing you've offered up, weakens the plain reality of what I'm sayin'.

LOLWUT

What does Chambers have to do with anything? The fact that VJ is not even the #1 target on your own team (a 3-5 team, mind you) should be enough to convince anyone that VJ is not a top 5 receiver in this league. I have no argument about Chambers, he is a stud.

But again, if Chambers draws more attention, should effect the ease of your other receivers getting open. Do you understand how coverage works, or do you just think one player on defense has one player on offense that they cover? I mean, it would make sense...11 = 11, right?

Sorry if you didn't understand my wording, but in no way do I think BM draws quadruple coverage...

What I said about Henderson is not an "analogy", its a comparison....and a legit comparison since your reasoning for VJ being a better receiver is because he has a better YPC.

Henderson is on pace to catch half the passes of VJ for the same amount of yards...OMG STATS DO TELL THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER.

AGAIN.... 4-4 > 3-5

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information