Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Brandon Marshall, what a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Lousy attitude? In a game where he had 2 balls thrown his way and we couldn't make headway of any yards on offense, he was upset about not getting the ball. That's not attitude, that's confidence. He knows that if the ball is in his hands he can do something with it. He was trying to make a unity statement after a major thing in history happened. Stupid yes, but his heart was in the right place.

Of course you wouldn't want him, you've always been ok with having scrubs for WR's. You're used to it.

Last season before teams really game planned against him look at his numbers. This year it's easy to dismiss him because he always has at least 2 if not 3 guys covering him. None, absolutely NONE of your WR's commands double coverage. LT, yes. WR's no way.
    No, our TE commands a double and LT demands a shadow.

As far as BM mouthing off, those games showed him consistently unable to separate from SINGLE coverage. Stop acting like they blanket him with the whole secondary. They don't. He get's singled like many other #1's with safety help, just like everyone else.

And, statistically, he's just not that far ahead of our WR's this season and in some ways, is even lagging a bit. Don't get me wrong, he is a good WR, but you make out like he's the second coming of Jerry Rice which he certainly is not. And the attitude? That speaks for itself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by BoltsOwnU View Post
    Oh no doubt. Don't get me wrong, but plenty wouldn't even consider it too. He's the new T.O., only without the career to back it up (yet, to be fair).
    Your team would sign him off waivers in a heartbeat. They'd be idiots to pass up a talent like his. They'd take TO too... but he's old; Brandon has a lot of playing years left and still hasn't yet reached his peak.

BOU- There is not a sinlge DB in the league (including champ) that can cover brandon one on one.

He is never alone in single coverage with a safety over the top. If he is, we exploit it, and brandon owns.

Look again, you will see one man on press, a S 7 yards deep and another nickle/dime/ LB ready to jump into his route.

The main problem for his numbers, is several fold.

1. our offensive play calling hasnt been very good, imo poor.
    2. with no run game, its easier for defenses to double up on brandon and eddie. Especially when our TE's are hurt... That leaves Darrel Jackson- whoopie.

Anyteam would kill for BM and he is worth 2 first rd picks for sure. Players on his level are:

Andre johnson,fitz,boldin,plax,ocho,randy,TO- cept he is younger and only starting to mature and reach his potential.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

No, our TE commands a double and LT demands a shadow.

As far as BM mouthing off, those games showed him consistently unable to separate from SINGLE coverage. Stop acting like they blanket him with the whole secondary. They don't. He get's singled like many other #1's with safety help, just like everyone else.

And, statistically, he's just not that far ahead of our WR's this season and in some ways, is even lagging a bit. Don't get me wrong, he is a good WR, but you make out like he's the second coming of Jerry Rice which he certainly is not. And the attitude? That speaks for itself.
    You have your homer glasses on there buddy. Listen to any of the PROFESSIONALS and they go gaga over the guy. You don't agree because of the team he plays on.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    BOU- There is not a sinlge DB in the league (including champ) that can cover brandon one on one.

He is never alone in single coverage with a safety over the top. If he is, we exploit it, and brandon owns.

Look again, you will see one man on press, a S 7 yards deep and another nickle/dime/ LB ready to jump into his route.

2. with no run game, its easier for defenses to double up on brandon and eddie. Especially when our TE's are hurt... That leaves Darrel Jackson- whoopie.

Anyteam would kill for BM and he is worth 2 first rd picks for sure. Players on his level are:

Andre johnson,fitz,boldin,plax,ocho,randy,TO- cept he is younger and only starting to mature and reach his potential.

There was some good stuff in here, until you got to the "worth two first round picks part"

There was some good stuff in here, until you got to the "worth two first round picks part"
    Agreed. However, he's probably worth a top 15 or somewhere in there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I doubt he is worth two first rounders. I wouldn't give up two first rounders for any WR in this league. But, he is worth a top 15 pick for sure, as turftoad said.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Tell Charles Woodson and the Packers that a player of TO's caliber can't be covered like that. Last I checked, that is EXACTLY what Woodson and the Packers did to TO, and TO is still a better WR than Marshall is at this point.

No WR is worth 2 first round picks, even if the Redskins tried to give up 2 for Chad and the Bengals decided not to take them.

That said... Until Andre Johnson can do it consistently for a full season and then some, he isn't on level (regardless of his potential), and Marshall is better than Plaxico, IMO.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

Whether or not he is better has never really been my point. GEM claimed we'd essentially kill to have him because he is soooooooooooooo superior. I pointed out that this season, he really isn't especially. Certainly not on the level suggested by his pundits here. Add in his big mouth and lousy attitude, and I think I've made my case that "no, I wouldn't choose to have him on the Bolts" and for a variety of legitimate reasons.
    If you wouldn't want Marshall on your team that's just crazy. Even I would love to have Marshall on the Bengals, and there is nowhere he can fit right now. His mouth isn't as bad as you make it out to be, and his attitude doesn't even compare to a TO.

Fact is, while I can get on board with what some people say, to say you wouldn't want one of the premier WR's in the league (not to mention one of the youngest), is just stone cold nuts.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

There is an argument.

Randy Moss was worth what, a 3rd or a 4th?

But Deion Branch was worth a first?

Chad Johnson was worth a guaranteed first rounder, and a third rounder minimum, which could have turned into another first rounder.

The context of the trade is what is most important. No two trades will ever be totally similar, or honestly even moderately similar IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Great drop by Vince that Troy P just INTd. Brilliant play as always from the SD WRs.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information