Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading bigscreen.

Default Upgrading bigscreen.

Looking to up grade my Sony 32" which I really love but just to small for the new house I have just remodeled

Currently looking at a 55" vizio 3d led, 480 hz 1080p unit loads of othe features.

Is less expensive than comparable Sony, samsung etc.

Anyone have any problems with a vizio lately.

Also thinking of getting a wii that has the fitness module on it for the wife And kids God only knows that I'll never use it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above.

Btw I really do not think I need the 3D part but the unit is less expensive than the comparable units that are slower in speed. I know that 3d is a coming thing so thought I'd get ahead of the curve.

Initially was looking at a 51 inch plasma unit as thought it would be just a bit big for the area I need it for but this 55 is loaded and not all that much more

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Stay away from Plasma. That's my only advice.

If you're happy with the picture on display, go for it. I've never been much of a "brand name" kind of guy. I think Sony distributes (distributed) Vizio, so the quality must be pretty good.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have a vizio and love it. Very nice tv and a good value. It would be a good choice.

I also have a digital projector and a 10' screen that we watch movies and football on. That is the only way to go. The quality is amazing on the new digital projectors. I can move mine outside and I have a white tarp we watch outside movies on and it's like a 280" screen. it's awesome.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Looking to up grade my Sony 32" which I really love but just to small for the new house I have just remodeled

Currently looking at a 55" vizio 3d led, 480 hz 1080p unit loads of othe features.

Is less expensive than comparable Sony, samsung etc.

Anyone have any problems with a vizio lately.

Also thinking of getting a wii that has the fitness module on it for the wife And kids God only knows that I'll never use it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above.
    Samsung and Panasonic have pretty much become the leaders in low-mid-price plasma and LCD's (and in some cases the higher priced stuff).

Plasma TVs will throw off more heat and use more electricity than an LCD, especially if it's an LED lit LCD. It can be as much as $20-30 a year in electric cost savings, but that obviously depends on how much you watch it.

For general movie/TV watching, you likely won't have much problem with plasma, but if you spend a lot of time with CNN, MSNBC or ESPN, something with a constant ticker scrolling and breaking news banner, then you risk getting permanent image retention (those images burned in). I have a plasma in my little office/man cave area, and I turn on the built in screen wipe (White to black scrolling image to remove image retention) for 5 to 10 minutes before turning it off, if I have been watching something with the ticker stuff.

I've read good and bad about Vizio, but it seems that there stuff is pretty good. A lot depends on what you do with a TV. Movies vs. sports vs. news. Whether you use a calibration DVD to calibrate, or you just turn it on and start watching it. A ton of the stuff reviewers talk about with TVs the average viewer would never notice or care about.

One last thought on 3D. The technology is in flux right now. Personally, I think in a few years we will see passive 3D becoming the norm (like they have in the movies now where you wear polarized glasses). The only way the current active technology can make real inroads is to substantially decrease the cost of glasses. Replacement/extra glasses often cost in the $125-150 range (not sure about Vizio).

The company that all the movie theaters use (RealID) has signed licensing deals with most of the major TV makers and we will likely see passive (not what LG recently introduced, which isn't an ideal solution) 3D TVs in a few years.

Ive ruled out tye plasma for the reasons you mentioned, do nit need the burn in plus you have to keep them up right at all time and God only knows that if in shipment If they were ever laid flat or been upside down or on it's side to make room for more cargo by some moron.

I'd say that my 3 D use will be limited. I mainly watch DVD and
    Movies out of season. It has PIP and POP so I can watch uncouple different things at the same time

The big selling point is the 480hz 1080p. That is screaming speed and the led is another big selling point.

Even if they make passive 3d a standard in. Few years I suspect this unit will still play it. if nit hell it will be time for an upgrade anyway.

finally got on a real laptop

here is the product.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045TYDXC/

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    finally got on a real laptop

here is the product.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045TYDXC/
    Only 55"?

I thought you were upgrading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Laptop? I thought you were buying a TV.

It would be interesting to see a 55" laptop though...

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Only 55"?

I thought you were upgrading?
    from a 3 year old 32" bravia 720 sony that is an up grade.

would get a bigger one but that is about as big as the room/wall can take.

now when I go into the man cave and set that up I will be 65" plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Laptop? I thought you were buying a TV.

It would be interesting to see a 55" laptop though...
    I have been remodeling a 50 year old house, almost done and my iMac is still at the old house.

I just got my internet up and running at the new place and have been on my iPhone for the most part during the day since January.

I dug out an old Toshiba Laptop to start my internet stuff on till I get my iMac moved.

does that ,make sense..

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Vizio is a good product, you'd be happy with this purchase.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

You really can't go wrong with Dynex.

Vizios have really nice pic quality for the price, you will be happy with ti

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Did you get the tv?

If so, what do you think of it?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information