Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Excellent b. Lloyd interview

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Default Excellent b. Lloyd interview

Great interview from profootball focus on lloyd, gives quite a few insights to some things last year, and about tebow and orton....one of the better interviews done this summer by one of our players for sure

Prior to his 2010 season with the Broncos – his 8th in the NFL – Brandon Lloyd’s best year topped off at 733 receiving yards with the 49ers. That was back in 2005. Since then, he’s been passed around to a number of teams, been released, and had some issues with the coaching staff in Washington. Many, if not most, had written him off. His career was done, right?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...enver-broncos/
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 12 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Great interview from profootball focus on lloyd, gives quite a few insights to some things last year, and about tebow and orton....one of the better interviews done this summer by one of our players for sure

Prior to his 2010 season with the Broncos – his 8th in the NFL – Brandon Lloyd’s best year topped off at 733 receiving yards with the 49ers. That was back in 2005. Since then, he’s been passed around to a number of teams, been released, and had some issues with the coaching staff in Washington. Many, if not most, had written him off. His career was done, right?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...enver-broncos/

I like how he did not put either Orton or Tebow above one another but said even as a rookie QB he could trust Tebow and his response about his intensity.

Anybody else fully prepared for this guy to let everyone down this year?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Anybody else fully prepared for this guy to let everyone down this year?
    im sure if he doesnt get 1400 yds and 11 Td's his critics will come calling, funny how he stays pretty level headed through the interview and even says individual stats dont matter.....i would rather him have 600 yds and 5 Td's if it means we share the ball and make the playoffs....just saying......

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

great read thanks.
    i love the guys attitude and he is absolutely right about what the team needs to get to the playoffs !
    did anyone else catch this statement ? i think it was a typo
    ". I think it’s great that I have a forum to express and show that all professional athletes are egotistical self-absorbed, a**holes.":lol:

im sure if he doesnt get 1400 yds and 11 Td's his critics will come calling, funny how he stays pretty level headed through the interview and even says individual stats dont matter.....i would rather him have 600 yds and 5 Td's if it means we share the ball and make the playoffs....just saying......
    Yeah I'm not one of his critics by any means, I was just throwing it out there. I'm not sure if I buy his claims about individual stats not mattering, either. The guy seems pretty in need of recognition and respect, though maybe now that he's had it that's not such an issue. I don't know. I was pretty turned off by his whole, 'F*ck you.' comment and the way he seems to place his lack of production in the past squarely on the teams and not himself. I love the guy as a Bronco and really hope he plays as big this year as last year, I'm just not expecting it.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

First off he gives the best interviews because he is honest and doesnt BS with cliche crap. He can actually articulate. I love that.

What I like hearing the most from this interview was the fact that he says he agrees that he might not/probably will not have a repeat of last year. But he will still do whatever he can and whatever the coach asks of him.

IMO our whole offense is going to go down quite a bit-why i did not want fox as our HC, but thats another topic. I still think its cool for brandon to understand the difference and still be cool and still go out with the same hunger and desire he had last year fully knowing that he most likely wont repeat and fully knowing the critics are going to come charging full steam ahead.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I really like Brandon Lloyd. Seems like a good dude and he's a good WR to boot. Good read, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    great read thanks.
    i love the guys attitude and he is absolutely right about what the team needs to get to the playoffs !
    did anyone else catch this statement ? i think it was a typo
    ". I think it’s great that I have a forum to express and show that all professional athletes are egotistical self-absorbed, a**holes.":lol:

No typo- he is on BC under the name "infant" I believe. He only has like 1 post, but I know its him. However, when he said forum I do not think he meant it in the literal term of forum like what we are on right now. I think he used it as an adjective or general means of expression.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

fo·rum
    [fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm]
    –noun, plural fo·rums, fo·ra  
    1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
    2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
    3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
    4. an adjective used by Brandon Lloyd

Maybe that's just how he says the word 'form' and the author chose to write it out phonetically.

Kinda like:

1. Are you a professional athlete?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

2. Are you an egotistical, self-absorbed a**hole?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

He's already on record saying he doesn't care about the accolades. All he wants is to be appreciated by his team, and to win games.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Maybe that's just how he says the word 'form' and the author chose to write it out phonetically.

Kinda like:

1. Are you a professional athlete?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

2. Are you an egotistical, self-absorbed a**hole?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No
    How does one express form?
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Yeah I'm not one of his critics by any means, I was just throwing it out there. I'm not sure if I buy his claims about individual stats not mattering, either. The guy seems pretty in need of recognition and respect, though maybe now that he's had it that's not such an issue. I don't know. I was pretty turned off by his whole, 'F*ck you.' comment and the way he seems to place his lack of production in the past squarely on the teams and not himself. I love the guy as a Bronco and really hope he plays as big this year as last year, I'm just not expecting it.
    This.

I think you are right on here. I like Lloyd, but like you.. is "F*ck you" comments really struck me wrong. Can you imagine how these boards would have reacted if Marshall would have made that same remark? They would have crucified him.

It seems I remember him commenting that in the past he didn't try as hard, now he's trying to say "F*ck you" to those other teams that didn't believe in him. He can't have it both ways.

As a Bronco fan I absolutely hope he is the same WR this coming year as he was last, but I'll have to see it. I think it was a career year and one he'll never duplicate. I also know that the "stats don't matter" comment always sounds good, but I don't believe its true. For the first time in his career his stats actually got him some recognition after being labeled a bust for so many years. Now that he's actually produced on the field, he doesn't care about that? Hmmm... maybe, but I'm not really buying it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

i knew what you meant, and i as i said i hope people dont freak and get stupid if he doesnt repeat those crazy stats with guys like decker and DT, and royal there is no need for him to be the glory hound, which i dont think is his goal this year, i think his goal this year is to do his best to help his team make the playoffs period!!!!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information