Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Excellent b. Lloyd interview

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    I can say without a doubt...that Lloyd exception ahtletic ability as seen in the Tebow catch, padded Ortons stats. Lloyd was the deep threat and all the deep balls. I think his yards would much lower if it was another other receiver in the league. If it was Marshall then he would made catches but he would have plowed down field for an extra 5 yards per catch, not make all the diving, and jumping over catches.
    Lloyd saved Orton's ass several times because of his knack for making catches of inaccurate passes.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-27-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    "He had a great season, and Kyle definitely proved himself, and whatever
    happens, it's going to be a good situation for him, because he proved that he
    can play in this league."

Yup, hung him out to dry . . .

-----

Did you purposely leave out the part where he said, "cause Kyle Orton, he proved that he can play in this league, and theres a lot of quarterback voids in this league, and Im sure hes going to be happy, wherever he ends up.".........or did you go to the bathroom on that part?

Sounds like he hung him out to dry to me.......but thats just me.

IN PATON I TRUST.

Had there been an agreement in place to start the off season, then Orton would have been gone. I'm not sure anyone is going to give up a 2nd at this late stage in the game. I mean, teams like to have a FA QB go through their entire offseason program. Asking Orton to be the guy somewhere else after just training camp is a stretch.

I hope he's gone, but I don't think it will happen. Tebow will ride the pine for another start of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Did you purposely leave out the part where he said, "cause Kyle Orton, he proved that he can play in this league, and theres a lot of quarterback voids in this league, and Im sure hes going to be happy, wherever he ends up.".........or did you go to the bathroom on that part?

I didn't think that was here or there. Still don't. I guess it's just you, then . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

I think it's much more here than there. It shows that Lloyd is not really expecting Orton to be the starter this season, and implies he thinks Orton probably won't even be on the team. If a guy like Lloyd, who was probably Denver's biggest star last season and the only All-Pro on the team, would feel that way and share it candidly without being pressed then I have to believe its an opinion held by at least several other players on the team. It doesn't really mean or prove anything in the big, real picture, but it's interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    I think it's much more here than there. It shows that Lloyd is not really expecting Orton to be the starter this season, and implies he thinks Orton probably won't even be on the team. If a guy like Lloyd, who was probably Denver's biggest star last season and the only All-Pro on the team, would feel that way and share it candidly without being pressed then I have to believe its an opinion held by at least several other players on the team. It doesn't really mean or prove anything in the big, real picture, but it's interesting.
    I don't believe it shows anything for sure. "Where he ends up": What does that
    mean? Could he "end up" in Arizona, or Minnesota . . . or could he "end up" in
    Denver?

I remember another interview where Lloyd was asked, "So Kyle is still the man?"
    Lloyd's answer: "Basically, yeah."

Allllllllll of it I take as a grain of salt. The rest of you can read into it all you
    want, but all you are doing is reading into it. In other words, guessing . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So. Brandon Lloyd was awesome last year. And he's an interesting character.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    So. Brandon Lloyd was awesome last year. And he's an interesting character.
    I thought he was kind of dull.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    I have to admit I don't remember him saying. It not that I don't believe I just don't remember it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information