Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Excellent b. Lloyd interview

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I've seen that before. It looks as if the pass was intended for someone else, and
    someone else wasn't there . . .

-----
    Weird. The pass was intended for Lloyd. I always just thought he got confused in that split second and thought somebody was behind him. Either that or it was thrown early or something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Weird. The pass was intended for Lloyd. I always just thought he got confused in that split second and thought somebody was behind him. Either that or it was thrown early or something.
    Actually, that is what I meant, that it looked as if Lloyd thought it was intended
    for somebody else, and somebody else wasn't there. It's 104 degrees here in
    Tucson today, and I just came in from outside, so I guess I can use that as an
    excuse . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

(about Tebow)

SW: He certainly has got to fire up a team. He’s got a fire in the pit of his stomach.

BL: Man. It’s intense. You saw it in that Raiders game. The botched handoff and he just rips right up the gut of the defense and just runs it for a 40 yards touchdown breaking tackles, cats bouncing off of ’em. We sit there (me and Jabar Gaffney) and he’s just looking and I’m looking at him with blank stares like “Did you just see that?” [Laughs]. “Did you see what I saw? [Laughs]. “Yeah, fool. As a matter of fact, I was out on the field watching it.”

Its called inpiration........
    IN PATON I TRUST.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

We must have different definitions of class, then.
    Lloyd has had a lot of interviews wherein he has said a lot of positive things
    about the team, about both QBs, about the other receivers, and about the fans.
    I surely hope you aren't going to let one implied comment sour your opinion of
    Lloyd . . .

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I agree he was given a #1 Wr role and a #1 Wr targets for the first time in his career and Bamm....magic....kyle orton owed many of his horrible throws being caught to the athletic skills of B lloyd, very few recievers have ever showed that much ability to catch insane passes on a reg basis in 1 season in a starters role the closest to do it in the last ten years are probally fitzgerald, Megatron and andre johnson thats it.....
    I’ve pleaded my entire career for a signal caller and a quarterback to just give me the opportunity to show my athletic ability and show that I have the ability to jump over people, dive or run past people. I finally got that opportunity in Denver, so I think it’s really cool.
    Sounds as if Lloyd has a pretty high opinion of the guy who was on the other
    end of those passes.

But I understand about horribly thrown balls. Could this be an example of what
    you're talking about?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ass?r_src=ramp

Oh, wait . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Lloyd has had a lot of interviews wherein he has said a lot of positive things
    about the team, about both QBs, about the other receivers, and about the fans.
    I surely hope you aren't going to let one implied comment sour your opinion of
    Lloyd . . .
    It's soured my opinion of him a little, I won't lie, but not too much. I'd say Lloyd's handled himself with class while in Denver, more for the way he kept his mouth shut and worked hard the entire season he spent inactive than anything else he's said. You said Marshall had half the class of Lloyd, however, and I hadn't seen anything from Marshall to indicate that he's been less classy than throwing an F-bomb to his former team(s).

Sounds as if Lloyd has a pretty high opinion of the guy who was on the other end of those passes . . .
    Yeah, because in order to catch Orton's passes he had to jump over, run past and dive around people, showcasing all of his athletic ability.

I kid, I kid.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

It's soured my opinion of him a little, I won't lie, but not too much. I'd say Lloyd's handled himself with class while in Denver, more for the way he kept his mouth shut and worked hard the entire season he spent inactive than anything else he's said. You said Marshall had half the class of Lloyd, however, and I hadn't seen anything from Marshall to indicate that he's been less classy than throwing an F-bomb to his former team(s).
    Marshall was one goof-off from a one-year suspension, my friend. Even Cutler
    got to where he had enough of him and scolded him publicly about it. And they
    were best friends . . .

Yeah, because in order to catch Orton's passes he had to jump over, run past and dive around people, showcasing all of his athletic ability.

I kid, I kid.
    Well, you're right in a sense. Orton threw a lot of passes to Lloyd that he would
    not have thrown to another receiver (except Marshall). I saw times where Lloyd
    was covered like a surgical glove, so Orton threw it off to the side, up high,
    or underneath, and made Lloyd go get it. And go get it, Lloyd did, didn't he?
    For instance, that famous pass in the KC game down the middle to a double
    covered Lloyd: no way Orton would have thrown that pass to any other
    receiver (again, except Marshall), IMO . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.

I think he'll have a shot at duplicating last year. First off, his O-Coordinator hasn't changed...and it's a guy who coached for Fox before.

If they truly want to run the ball, they're going to have to get guys out of the box. To me, that means, tossing the rock.

I don't think he's going to get as many balls, because I expect Royal to open up things in the slot and for Decker to be a bigger contributer. And, with Fox, we will utilize our TEG more on 3rd down.

I could still see him get 70-80 balls for 1,000 yards. Both Orton and Tebow know what type of silly talent he has.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Lloyd may be saying all the right things now, but during a probowl interview here in Hawaii, he hung Orton out to dry.

Start at 3:40 and he talks about Tebow and Orton.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...n-Lloyd-on-set
    IN PATON I TRUST.

13. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Haha, nice find. The look on Lloyd's face when he's trying to figure out what to say is pretty great.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Haha, nice find. The look on Lloyd's face when he's trying to figure out what to say is pretty great.

Rajah.

I think Kyle is an asset. The only way Id be okay with trading him is if we are well compensated.........that being a 2nd rounder or more.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Sounds as if Lloyd has a pretty high opinion of the guy who was on the other
    end of those passes.

But I understand about horribly thrown balls. Could this be an example of what
    you're talking about?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ass?r_src=ramp

Oh, wait . . .

-----
    I love how the commentator talked about how Lloyd has caught so many of those kind of passes all season. Who through for most of the season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

"He had a great season, and Kyle definitely proved himself, and whatever
    happens, it's going to be a good situation for him, because he proved that he
    can play in this league."

Yup, hung him out to dry . . .

-----

18. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I can say without a doubt...that Lloyd exception ahtletic ability as seen in the Tebow catch, padded Ortons stats. Lloyd was the deep threat and all the deep balls. I think his yards would much lower if it was another other receiver in the league. If it was Marshall then he would made catches but he would have plowed down field for an extra 5 yards per catch, not make all the diving, and jumping over catches.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information