Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Excellent b. Lloyd interview

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    This.

I think you are right on here. I like Lloyd, but like you.. is "F*ck you" comments really struck me wrong. Can you imagine how these boards would have reacted if Marshall would have made that same remark? They would have crucified him.

It seems I remember him commenting that in the past he didn't try as hard, now he's trying to say "F*ck you" to those other teams that didn't believe in him. He can't have it both ways.

As a Bronco fan I absolutely hope he is the same WR this coming year as he was last, but I'll have to see it. I think it was a career year and one he'll never duplicate. I also know that the "stats don't matter" comment always sounds good, but I don't believe its true. For the first time in his career his stats actually got him some recognition after being labeled a bust for so many years. Now that he's actually produced on the field, he doesn't care about that? Hmmm... maybe, but I'm not really buying it.

i dont miss marshall at all, not one bit, none, zip, zero, zilch, nada, niente......the guy was a clown of the worst degree, he could only dream about being half as smart and articulate as lloyd and he could only dream about having the same athletic ability as lloyd also.....marshall is big and thats it.....in miami it showed if you dont force feed him the ball he is worthless to your offense, davon bess was the best Wr in miami last year just saying....lol

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I think one reason he did well, was because he was given the chance to start and was targeted frequently. He made some spectacular catches that were not thrown on the money (several sweet diving catches). He is very athletic and MADE catches rather then them being placed on the button.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    No typo- he is on BC under the name "infant" I believe. He only has like 1 post, but I know its him. However, when he said forum I do not think he meant it in the literal term of forum like what we are on right now. I think he used it as an adjective or general means of expression.
    i'm pretty sure someone just left out the word "not"
    i doubt he wanted to say that all pro athletes are ego-maniacle ********
    which would include himself....seems contrary to the entire interview

5. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    I think one reason he did well, was because he was given the chance to start and was targeted frequently. He made some spectacular catches that were not thrown on the money (several sweet diving catches). He is very athletic and MADE catches rather then them being placed on the button.
    I agree he was given a #1 Wr role and a #1 Wr targets for the first time in his career and Bamm....magic....kyle orton owed many of his horrible throws being caught to the athletic skills of B lloyd, very few recievers have ever showed that much ability to catch insane passes on a reg basis in 1 season in a starters role the closest to do it in the last ten years are probally fitzgerald, Megatron and andre johnson thats it.....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i'm pretty sure someone just left out the word "not"
    i doubt he wanted to say that all pro athletes are ego-maniacle ********
    which would include himself....seems contrary to the entire interview
    it was a typo.....it was suppose to say aren't

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    i dont miss marshall at all, not one bit, none, zip, zero, zilch, nada, niente......the guy was a clown of the worst degree, he could only dream about being half as smart and articulate as lloyd and he could only dream about having the same athletic ability as lloyd also.....marshall is big and thats it....
    This is quite a bit of revisionist history. Marshall is much more than simply big, but I don't think you can really compare the two as far as ability goes. Lloyd's a great athlete who shines due to his absurd amount of body control. Marshall's a great athlete who shines due to his size, strength and hands. Even in the QB shithole that is Miami he put up decent numbers (albeit not TDs).

I miss seeing Marshall play for Denver, but I'm more than happy with what they received for him and to be free of the headache he is Mon-Sat. No need to break out the hyperbole and say the guy sucks just because he isn't a Bronco anymore, though.

10. The Following User High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    This is quite a bit of revisionist history. Marshall is much more than simply big, but I don't think you can really compare the two as far as ability goes. Lloyd's a great athlete who shines due to his absurd amount of body control. Marshall's a great athlete who shines due to his size, strength and hands. Even in the QB shithole that is Miami he put up decent numbers (albeit not TDs).

I miss seeing Marshall play for Denver, but I'm more than happy with what they received for him and to be free of the headache he is Mon-Sat. No need to break out the hyperbole and say the guy sucks just because he isn't a Bronco anymore, though.
    If you watch the Marshall vids, you'll see more amazing catches than people realize. Lloyd only wishes he had Marshall's ability, and certainly wishes he hasn't been labeled a bust while Marshall is proving to be one of the best in the NFL.

Inc has has hatred for Marshall and its clearly clouding the truth. But hey... thats everyone's prerogative.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

They are two totally completely different WRs....How can you compare the two?

Lloyd is fast and gets open and makes amazing catches. Unless its a streak pass he is NO threat after the catch.

Marshall is huge and strong. He struggles with balls over the shoulder and streaks. He is the BIGGEST threat after the catch in the NFL. He does not beat the press well and has good hands but not on the level of lloyd.

LLoyd- is a speed guy
    Marshall is a possesion guy.

Totally different styles.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I'm always looking for an excuse to post this gif, might as well throw it in here.

14. The Following User High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    i dont miss marshall at all, not one bit, none, zip, zero, zilch, nada, niente......the guy was a clown of the worst degree, he could only dream about being half as smart and articulate as lloyd and he could only dream about having the same athletic ability as lloyd also.....marshall is big and thats it.....in miami it showed if you dont force feed him the ball he is worthless to your offense, davon bess was the best Wr in miami last year just saying....lol
    Not to mention half the class . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    They are two totally completely different WRs....How can you compare the two?

Lloyd is fast and gets open and makes amazing catches. Unless its a streak pass he is NO threat after the catch.

Marshall is huge and strong. He struggles with balls over the shoulder and streaks. He is the BIGGEST threat after the catch in the NFL. He does not beat the press well and has good hands but not on the level of lloyd.

LLoyd- is a speed guy
    Marshall is a possesion guy.

Totally different styles.
    Yes, and when Marshall was on the field and Lloyd wasn't, the team lacked a
    true deep threat. The problem is, when Lloyd was on the field and Marshall
    wasn't, the passing game suffered between 1 - 20 yards. That is where a
    team needs either a Marshall-type or a good, pass-catching TE.

With Virgil Green out there, and hopefully Demaryius Thomas, along with Lloyd,
    and an improved running game, as Lloyd pointed out, Denver ought to be a
    threat all over the field . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-23-2011 at 05:19 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Not to mention half the class . . .

-----
    I don't know, everything I've ever heard journalists and former athletes say regarding Marshall has just been glowing about how he's the nicest and most polite guy you'll ever meet, etc. I thought the entirety of Marshall's problems began and ended with the female company he keeps.

I wouldn't call Lloyd's 'F*ck you' comment very classy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't know, everything I've ever heard journalists and former athletes say about Marshall has just been glowing about how he's the nicest and most polite guy you'll ever meet, etc. I thought the entirety of Marshall's problems began and ended with the female company he keeps.

I wouldn't call Lloyd's 'F*ck you' comment very classy.
    It bothers you, and it does not bother me.

Anyway, I understand that Al Capone was an extremely affable guy, socially. I
    was here to read and hear all about Marshall's petulant antics and annual
    scrapes with the law . . .

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I'm always looking for an excuse to post this gif, might as well throw it in here.

I've seen that before. It looks as if the pass was intended for someone else, and
    someone else wasn't there . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    It bothers you, and it does not bother me.

Anyway, I understand that Al Capone was an extremely affable guy, socially. I
    was here to read and hear all about Marshall's petulant antics and annual
    scrapes with the law . . .

-----
    We must have different definitions of class, then.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information