Thread: The Official Boxing Thread!

Default The Official Boxing Thread!

Here it is. That most spectacular of individual sports, and the most trying. Here is a thread to talk about all those things Boxing. Currently the Jermain Taylor vs. Kely Pavlik fight is on, and I'm looking forward to this fight. I like Jermain Taylor. I think he has the stuff to be a pound for pound best boxer in the world, but he's got some work to do before I throw him into that catagory. So talk abotu anything boxing... your favorite Boxer, your least favorite, and everything inbetween.

Here's hoping for a great fight tonight!
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My fav is Floyd Mayweather. The kid is a stud. Should probably go down as one of the greatest of all time. He took care of Hatton like I thought he would. Only guy left to beat is Miguel Cotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    My fav is Floyd Mayweather. The kid is a stud. Should probably go down as one of the greatest of all time. He took care of Hatton like I thought he would. Only guy left to beat is Miguel Cotto.
    Imagine that. Mobstr's favorite boxer is the best one.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

My favorite boxer is Boxcar Willie.

I used to be a mayweather fan. There is no doubt he is pound for pound the best boxer in the world. When he beat Diego Corrales in what was it, 98? I myself proclaimed him the pound for pound best even though run away Roy Jones Jr. was considered the best pound for pound at the time. His mouth turns me off from him though, and besides the Hatton fight, he rarely stands and fights. He uses his legs more then he does his arms in many of his past fights, and clinches to often, making a quick strike and then grabbing the opponenet. Call it smart boxing if you want, but under the rules of boxing clinching is illegal, that why its broken up every time. When you rly on it as a boxing tactic you rely on an illegal move to win fights.

That being said, his knockout of HAtton was something to remember.

I just hope we cna see a real HEavyweight matchup in the near future. Klitschko is dominant, very dominant, and no one seems able to challenge him properly. That weight class has become something of a ghost of itself since Lennox left, and hopefully it can create the bouts we have all grown accustomed to seeing.

I was sad Pavlik won, but it will be interesting to watch the rematch between him and Taylor. And what about that matchup of the old and washed out. Roy Jones Jr. vs. Felix Trinidad. Jones is as old as dirt (And for a boxer who relies on speed, age doesn;t help), and Trinidad, though the greatest before his retirement, has since become a shadow of himself. I guess if you can make a buck though right?
    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 01-01-2008 at 05:24 AM.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Kimbo Slice gets TKO'd in 14 seconds by an unknown Seth Pethzallri (sp)

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Pavlik=BADASS!

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Pavlik is a great fighter. If he could fight ANY of the other title-holders in his weight class I'd love to see it. Abraham and Sturm would both be good fights IMO. I don't see that happening this year, though. Stupid boxing and its hatred of understandable title defenses or challenges.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

I watched that caged shit on TV tonight and saw some dude get ****** up. UFC or something. I was drunk off gin. I didn't need the key to the house. I broke in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Pavlik is a great fighter. If he could fight ANY of the other title-holders in his weight class I'd love to see it. Abraham and Sturm would both be good fights IMO. I don't see that happening this year, though. Stupid boxing and its hatred of understandable title defenses or challenges.

~G
    His team says he may fight up to 3 more thimes this year. They mentioned Duddy, Abraham and Sturm. Then he plans to jump up to the next weightclass.

The fight I wanted to see was Pavlik/Calzaghe, but since JC retired...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information