Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NHL Entry Draft!!

Default 2011 NHL Entry Draft!!

Starts this friday night at 7 ET on VS.

I cant wait!!

The rumors that the avs were going to send the #2 overall for a top flight goalie are not going to happen. We like elliott and the guy we called up, forgot his name. He is the future netminder.

As for the avs draft it seems to be a toss up between the Big PF Landeskog or the big Swede defenseman Larsson.

IMO we take the big Swede Adam Larrson.

9 Players later we pick again with the #11 overall pick.- Toronto has made word that they would like to move up and use one or both of their firsts and early 2nd...(26th and 31, and or 36)-i think-. We could potentially be in play for such a move. However I doubt it.

I like us to stay and add another potential top flight goal scorer with Matt.

In the words of our good buddy MED, what do the other 7 NHL fans think? Anyone you would like to see, or not like to see? What do you want your team to do or think they will do.

4 days people!!!!!!!!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i was just coming here to ask you fuggers who we're gonna pick. . .

i haven't watched the avs in years and know ****ing nothing about the hockey draft-- but unless there's a forward who projects as a potential top-flight superstar (like an overchkin or crosby, obviously), then i think you gotta take the big hoss defenseman just on general priciple. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Landeskog is a big Power forward. Good solid skater and nice scoring abilities he is not the best F prospect, but he is 2nd/3rd best....Edmonton is going to take the best one, the Center.

But like you. The big Defenseman is big and rock solid plus he brings something that we have been lacking A BOMB SHOT from the point. Eric has a good shot from the point and Peter Mueller did when he was not concussed. (who has been cleared by the way) But now a third guy with that ability is huge.

Plus footer is retired, cumiskey is not going to make the roster and hunwick imo is one of the worst defenseman the avs have ever had. We need defense like the broncos need DTs....I think the take the biggest baddest one on the board. There are still some real sexy forward prospects at 11 that might be able to make the roster this year. Its a deep draft.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This team has been lacking at the blue line ever since the departure of Borque and Blake. Losing Foote only creates a bigger hole.

I know nothing about the prospects we are considering, but if all things are equal I think you have to take the defenseman.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

U, what do you think about huberdeau? the post says the club might be leaning towards taking him. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    U, what do you think about huberdeau? the post says the club might be leaning towards taking him. . .

The french forward.

That guy could be amazing! His hands are Ridamndiculous! Totally different type of skater vs landeskog- He is smaller, like duchene, not a big mean PF....But his vision and hands are soooo sick. I personally would rather have him I think he could be great. He has been compared to Patrick Sharp and I see it. The one knock on him is he is not overly fast for a guy his size. But those hands and vision are incredible.

Personally if it was me calling the shots I would take him over Larson and get a stud D man at 11..But I thats just me.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Beer Girl

My mock for the top 10.

1st. Ryan Nugent Hopkins
    2nd. We can't miss on G. Landeskog or Adam Larsson. Should be G.L
    3rd. Adam Larsson
    4th. Jonathan Huberdeau
    5th. Sean Couturier
    6th. Dougie Hamilton
    7th. Nathan Beaulieu
    8th. Mika Zibanejad
    9th. Ryan Murphy
    10th. Ryan Strome
    No Guts, No Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Tebow is a virgin.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Beer Girl

If anybody is going to be dealing the 8th pick in the draft to trade down, it would be the Flyers. The Leafs have 2 first rounders, and they could package up the 2nd rounder and swap with Philly. My guess, is Toronto will wait to see if anybody slips down in the draft like a Sean Couturier, Ryan Strome. If they do, then watch out for a trade. Philly has been scouting back end 1st round talent all season, and they are ready to draft late in the first round due to the anticipation of a good cup run.
    No Guts, No Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Tebow is a virgin.

did you see what philly did yesterday?

They traded richards and...balls forgot who else, for byzgalov..and the kings got the other guy...

Kings are going to be sooooo scary good next year.

Why do you want Landeskog hammer? Just curious. My money still says Adam, but I am for the french kid.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Flyers also traded Jeff Carter to the Blue Jackets... And the response here is ridiculous. Like Carter is the savior of that team or something. Well, at least an identity. Carter in center with Rick Nash on the wing could be a pretty potent line for CBJ, but Philly is making a definite few risks here.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

13. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

yep, carter is who I was thinking of. Carter and Nash is a big scary set there though. Columbus still sucks but thats a mean duo.

Not sure what philly is doing. They are so cap strapped now. They are only like 7mil or so in room. and they have something like 2 d and 1f to sign....Carle is probably on the outs. I would like to see him get moved, perhaps to end up here as a 'lanche.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So, ur, what do you want to happen and what do you think will happen with the Avs tonight?

I would have to say they go with Larsson...

Edmonton should actually take him but looks as though they are going to take Nugent-Hopkins. Many believe Nugent-Hopkins will be a bust, lacks the motivation to make it at the next level... he takes a lot of shifts off. He looked horrible in the playoffs this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    So, ur, what do you want to happen and what do you think will happen with the Avs tonight?
    What do you think?

I think we go
    #2- Adam Larsson-Defense
    #11-Joel Amria-big kid, needs polishing

Everyone seems to want Lando, but I just dont see it. But I mean EVERYONE wants him. Now I have not seen a lot of the guy, but I think people are tripping balls over the stewart trade and think we MUST get a guy with size...and forcing him as that guy. IMO we need Goals and game changers. I dont see him as that kind of player.

I still like Hubie and if we got him with Siemes at 11- I think we made out much better.

Hubie (the french kid) as I call him. Can change the game, he is slower but I think that can be fixed but his skills are creamy pants worthy. Seimens is a mean intimidator on the blue line. My style of hockey defenseman. Foget finess and offensive defenseman. I want a mean-stand you up at the blue line- come into my zone and your gonna pay defenseman. He has the mentality and could become that guy. He can score too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I would have to say they go with Larsson...

Edmonton should actually take him but looks as though they are going to take Nugent-Hopkins. Many believe Nugent-Hopkins will be a bust, lacks the motivation to make it at the next level... he takes a lot of shifts off. He looked horrible in the playoffs this season too.

Their entire team is going to be small and fast if they do. The kings and sharks and bigger clubs in the league are going to absolutely destroy them if they do..

I still think they do.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information