Thread: 2011 U.S. Open

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2011 U.S. Open

For years and years, we've heard the golf talking heads and players bitch about U.S. Open courses playing too hard...and now they've got a course where people are scoring better...and they're complaining...

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That Rory kid is something. Wonder if he'll choke again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That Rory kid is something. Wonder if he'll choke again.
    I hope not. I am going to enjoy the debacle that is Sergio Garcia on Sundays, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

From ESPN columnist Bruce Feldman:
    If Yang and Westwood were playing Best Ball, they'd be at -19, only three shots up on McIlroy.

Haven't been watching, how's he doing today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Haven't been watching, how's he doing today?
    -2 today...at -16 through 7. He almost had a slip up on 7, he chunked a lob-wedge on his third over the pond, but still managed to get it over. Missed being in the water by less than a foot.

Just striped a 3-wood down No. 8.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Softest U.S. Open course ever, probably. This is crazy how guys are scoring. It's like watching a regular tournament on Sunday, like the Memorial, or the Buck Open, or something...guys are just nailing it down the middle and hitting it within 20 feet and making birdies.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

It has been really fun to watch, Rory looks like Tiger from 2000 in the majors so far this year, aside form the back nine at the Masters. Amazing golf.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Almost a hole in one on 10. Really? Amazing.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Congrats to Rory, who just demolished the slightly dampened version of the US Open. Unreal, the humility and genuineness of the kid who is less than two years older than I am. Always deserves the fame he makes, and never seems to say a bad thing (read: inconsistent with who he appears to be).

I'd be cool with the Rory McIlroy era one day. He might just be what golf needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

14. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Congrats to Rory, who just demolished the slightly dampened version of the US Open. Unreal, the humility and genuineness of the kid who is less than two years older than I am. Always deserves the fame he makes, and never seems to say a bad thing (read: inconsistent with who he appears to be).

I'd be cool with the Rory McIlroy era one day. He might just be what golf needs.
    I can't wait for him to dominate at Royal St. George.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I can't wait for him to dominate at Royal St. George.
    I really, really want to tell my kids one day about the Rory Slam.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information