Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Post Your GamerTag/ BroncosForums Xbox/Xbox360. .. PS3 GamerTags -- MERGED

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Question for you guys. I just got an xbox 360 at the pawn shop. I am not a gamer. I bought for a media extender but it seems a shame to see an xbox with a 250gb hard drive just sitting there emtpy. I wondered what would be an easy first game to start out with. Would Madden be OK?

Or maybe a military attack style game. Have no idea what I like. The only computer games I've played so far are solitaire, mine sweeper and the like. All of the buttons on the controller seem a little overwhelming to me.

Something cheap would be great.

TIA
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Mays

missingnumber7 and only been playing ncaa11

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Question for you guys. I just got an xbox 360 at the pawn shop. I am not a gamer. I bought for a media extender but it seems a shame to see an xbox with a 250gb hard drive just sitting there emtpy. I wondered what would be an easy first game to start out with. Would Madden be OK?

Or maybe a military attack style game. Have no idea what I like. The only computer games I've played so far are solitaire, mine sweeper and the like. All of the buttons on the controller seem a little overwhelming to me.

Something cheap would be great.

TIA
    Any game you get is probably going to be a little overwhelming if you've never played an XBOX before. Consoles have come quite a ways over the years. But if you can find a GameStop or a video game store that sells used games then you can find a ton of older games for $20 or less...

Madden would probably just frustrate you. If you like golf Tiger Woods is somewhat easy to learn. Same goes for car racing games like Need for Speed or NASCAR.

Call of Duty is the most popular game for XBox and PS3 right now. It's a modern warfare military style game (They also have vietnam and WWII era titles). You could get a used version of any of the previous iterations for fairly cheap.

But if I had to bet, you will probably buy a game, get frustrated trying to play it and then it will collect dust. I bought my dad a PS3 per his request mostly for Blueray DVDs, and he is a spaz when he tries to play games. Just panics and starts mashing buttons. You can get used to it just like anything else, but you've gotta get over that initial hump where you suck and get frustrated.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Any game you get is probably going to be a little overwhelming if you've never played an XBOX before. Consoles have come quite a ways over the years. But if you can find a GameStop or a video game store that sells used games then you can find a ton of older games for $20 or less...

Madden would probably just frustrate you. If you like golf Tiger Woods is somewhat easy to learn. Same goes for car racing games like Need for Speed or NASCAR.

Call of Duty is the most popular game for XBox and PS3 right now. It's a modern warfare military style game (They also have vietnam and WWII era titles). You could get a used version of any of the previous iterations for fairly cheap.

But if I had to bet, you will probably buy a game, get frustrated trying to play it and then it will collect dust. I bought my dad a PS3 per his request mostly for Blueray DVDs, and he is a spaz when he tries to play games. Just panics and starts mashing buttons. You can get used to it just like anything else, but you've gotta get over that initial hump where you suck and get frustrated.

It came with one game, Forza2. It's a racing game. But you're right, if I buy a game I probably won't use it bacause it requires to much sitting in the same spot for to long.

I could save myself some money and just use it for what I fot it for. Thanks for the information.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ed Mccaffrey

BluesBrewsAnBBQ fav games are MW3 and NHL on xbox
    Last edited by threefolddead; 01-11-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    "The Blues is the Roots; everything else is the fruit."
    Willie Dixon

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by threefolddead View Post
    BluesBrewsAnBBQ fav games are MW3 and NHL
    XBox or PS3?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Ed Mccaffrey

Xbox
    "The Blues is the Roots; everything else is the fruit."
    Willie Dixon

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Tinker...Im still waiting for a MW3 invite from you..

Or at least a message saying WHAT UP...Netflix boi....

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

xbox didn't like my gamer tag anymore so I'm now TheMileHighCrew on there. Keeping it simple

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    It came with one game, Forza2. It's a racing game. But you're right, if I buy a game I probably won't use it bacause it requires to much sitting in the same spot for to long.

I could save myself some money and just use it for what I fot it for. Thanks for the information.
    If you enjoy Forza2 at all then I suggest getting Forza3. I haven't played one or two, but when I played three I became addicted. Forza3 was the reason I bought a 360, since they don't make it for PS. I bought Forza4 which came out recently. It's not a big improvement. Just a few added stuff here and there. Since four is out, I figure three will be a little cheaper.

Other than that, I think Black Ops is a good casual game. You can play through the campaign, which I enjoyed. There's also the zombies.

I don't play many games online really. I just use online for the updates and for add-ons.

FriedTaters23

Xbox360 - ShooterJD2M

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Super gamer nerd here.

I have a headset, and I'm the ultimate FPS tryhard. We play them all. Battlefield 3, MW3 (and all other COD games), killzone 3, Uncharted 3, Fallout (both of 'em). Hell, we even played Homefront LOL.

I have a headset and all I do is win. I play with a HUGE, ENORMOUS group of friends from the Redskins forum. So if you link up with me, you'll usually get to play with an entire team/party of friends. no randoms on your squad.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Hey, hey, hey. Homefront was fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM View Post
    Hey, hey, hey. Homefront was fun.
    Dude, we LOVED Homefront, even though most of othe world didn't. I was active on the forums and we had a lot of hours online.

Too bad the PS3 version was jacked. Stats NEVER were fixed, so i had no idea of what kinda numbers I had.

But driving the LAV was a blast and the Cluster Bombs were fun.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Tinker...Im still waiting for a MW3 invite from you..

Or at least a message saying WHAT UP...Netflix boi....
    When I've been on, I've been playing Skyrim. My wife is always on Netflix under my user. I need to get my ass in gear and pick up a copy. My trigga finger is getting itchy.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information