Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Who's MPD?
    Michael Dean Perry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Michael Dean Perry.
    OK

He should have blamed MDP instead of MPD. I still wouldn't have remembered initials of a non-star player from that long ago. Refresh my memory of what he did. All that I could remember about that game is that Denver was dominating during the 1st half and didn't come out of the locker room for the 2nd.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

OK

He should have blamed MDP instead of MPD. I still wouldn't have remembered initials of a non-star player from that long ago. Refresh my memory of what he did. All that I could remember about that game is that Denver was dominating during the 1st half and didn't come out of the locker room for the 2nd.
    IIRC, we held the Jags on an important 3rd (4th? can't remember now) and short near the end of the game. MDP was rotating out of the lineup, and casually walked to the sideline. Didn't get there in time and the refs threw a flag for 12 men on the field, giving them the first down and eventually the winning score.

Faz, I think you had a dyslexic moment.....though there's nothing wrong with that.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Like I said, our play that entire 2nd half was so pathetic that I honestly couldn't recall one particular bone headed incident. That entire 2nd half was just a blur to me. Just like the 2nd quarter of SB XXII when we gave up 35 points to the Redskins when it looked like we were going to walk all over them during the 1st quarter. I watched; but all that I can remember is us giving up that 1st TD and then the realization that we went into the locker room down 35-10. As far as the Jacksonville debacle, all that I can remember is we dominated in the 1st half only to lose to a team that we should have beat.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Yeah the AFC West is the home of playoff chokers, but it is not the Broncos or Raiders. For one thing, the Raiders don't even get to the playoffs. And for another thing, historically they haven't choked in the playoffs(it's really hard to call the tuck rule a choke). The Broncos didn't choke in the playoffs; they were thrashed by the more dominant NFC that won 13 straight Super Bowls up until Elway, TD, and the 97 Broncos broke the streak they were part of themselves.

Like I said, our play that entire 2nd half was so pathetic that I honestly couldn't recall one particular bone headed incident. That entire 2nd half was just a blur to me. Just like the 2nd quarter of SB XXII when we gave up 35 points to the Redskins when it looked like we were going to walk all over them during the 1st quarter. I watched; but all that I can remember is us giving up that 1st TD and then the realization that we went into the locker room down 35-10. As far as the Jacksonville debacle, all that I can remember is we dominated in the 1st half only to lose to a team that we should have beat.
    Not to bring up bad memories, but the Broncos trailed by a point at halftime. I remember thinking, "Huh, we're down at the half to an expansion team. Oh well, there's no way that it'll be close in the second half...the Broncos are way better. Enjoy your moment in the sun, Jaguars! Heh heh."

Excuse me while I set myself on fire.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Eh - that Jags game doesn't upset me much anymore. Frankly, it set the stage for our back-to-back SB's.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information