Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LeBron, Wade feign illness before game

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    For anyone dumb enough to compare him to MJ, the joke is on you not him. He admitted he's not MJ the day he signed with Miami. Just because he doesn't preform to that ridiculous standard that the media and his haters try to hold him to doesn't mean he's an utter failure because he didn't reach it.
    You don't have to be Michael to perform in the clutch. It's characteristic of any team's most talented player to have the burden of taking the team on his shoulders and push through. That's the oddity here; LeBron's not. When we saw it happen just the last series, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

According to most people now Dwayne Wade is the heat's best player. Why isn't he taking any heat for failing to close out these games in the 4th quarter? Why should it all be on LeBron?
    He's not the best. He just happens to be the player who is showing up the most. 40 or so 4th quarter points is better than LeBron, but as seen in the game count, not enough either.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I think you guys are focusing too much on points. Assists, rebounds, defense.... matters just as much. Y'all are acting as if Lebron is a one trick pony.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I think you guys are focusing too much on points. Assists, rebounds, defense.... matters just as much. Y'all are acting as if Lebron is a one trick pony.
    I'm going to get as close to this stat as possible, but it came from Sportscenter on Thursday.

During the fourth quarter with the margin either way of five points:

James
    0 points (I believe he was 0-7 from the field)
    0 rebounds

Nowitzki
    24 points
    7 rebounds

So, its not just the points in the fourth quarter, it's his whole game...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default For James, Once Again, a Star Turn as Houdini

LeBron James is the N.B.A.’s Harry Houdini, with a touch of wrestling’s Gorgeous George.

He backs himself into a corner, then finds a way to slip out. Locks himself in an airtight vault and finds a way to break free.

During the past two N.B.A. finals games, James staged fourth-quarter disappearing acts and now, just in time for Sunday’s crucial Game 6, a national audience is sitting on the edge of its seat, waiting to see if James can find his way to a Game 7 on Tuesday.

Before Miami played Game 5 in Dallas on Thursday, James said that was probably the most important game of his life.

The Heat lost, but James played well until he disappeared in the fourth quarter. The Mavericks need one victory in Miami for the championship. Now what? If Game 5 was do-or-die, what is Game 6, or a potential Game 7?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/sp...s-houdini.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Fine...how many 4th quarter assists and rebounds is LeBron averaging?

And we can sit back and say his 4th quarter points arent important, but with as close as all 5 games have been in the 4th quarter...he should be stepping up his game if he's truly, the King. If you only score 2 pointe...fine...then you better show me a bunch of assists, rebounds and defensive plays.

Jason Terry took him to school in the last 5 minutes of the last game. Not Dirk...JASON FRIGGIN TERRY

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Not news, but it shows the level of class they have. Talk shit amongst your selves all you want, but you shouldn't be doing it when you know the camera is on.
    I don't know enough about basketball to comment on stats. I do know that you display class or you don't. LeBron can say whatever he wants behind closed doors. However to cut down a player that has done nothing but work his tail off and has given it his all even though he tore his ligament and had a fever tells me that LeBron was not displaying any.

Also I agree with Dog in that the only person I compare to Jordan is Gretzky.
    Getting Stoked

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Jason Terry took him to school in the last 5 minutes of the last game. Not Dirk...JASON FRIGGIN TERRY
    What's wrong with Terry? He's a baller, has been for years.

For anyone dumb enough to compare him to MJ, the joke is on you not him. He admitted he's not MJ the day he signed with Miami. Just because he doesn't preform to that ridiculous standard that the media and his haters try to hold him to doesn't mean he's an utter failure because he didn't reach it.
    Bingo. However, the best player in the league will always be compared to Jordan, from what it seems. Kobe had the same comparison. The next megastar will have the Jordan comparison unless he's a center or power forward.
    According to most people now Dwayne Wade is the heat's best player. Why isn't he taking any heat for failing to close out these games in the 4th quarter? Why should it all be on LeBron?
    And he blew the 4th game by missing the inbound pass too.

I think Wade took over in the 4th quarter of Game 1. He also had some key 4th quarter performances in his first title run, earning Finals MVP. LeBron has to shed the late disappearing act mentality because it's not like it's a rare thing.

And of course, The Decision hype brings all the focus on Lebron.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27:1280078
    What's wrong with Terry? He's a baller, has been for years.
    Terry is a solid scorer and leader...nothing more, and should never be in the same sentence as Lebron.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Terry is a solid scorer and leader...nothing more, and should never be in the same sentence as Lebron.
    Oh come on...Lebron isn't a god. A lot of NBA players on a good day can make the elite stars look bad.

And I am done defending Lebron. I am just saying the criticism of him is over the top in this series. Everyone is blaming the losses on him, without giving the brilliant coaching and player management of Rick Carlisle a nod as to the main reason Dallas is winning. I could care less about either team. I get a kick out of all the haters coming out of the woodwork though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

He named himself. He ain't living up to it:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

LeBron has all type of talent, no one will argue that. What he doesn't display is any type of humility. The whole decision thing was what turned me off from the beginning of this year. When you put yourself in that type of limelight it's kind of normal for people to throw rocks at the light when you are not performing.

BTW Atwater I totally agree that Carlise has done a outstanding job. What's the saying players win in the regular season, coaches in the playoff.

Dirk, Kidd and JJ are just guys that I enjoy cheering for, they just super nice men. So I've enjoyed these playoffs so much more than I've ever thought I would. Looking forward to tonight.
    Getting Stoked

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

In a few minutes...i wont care

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    He named himself. He ain't living up to it:

Fail.

Dirk cementing himself as a great.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information