Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D-Day : Thanks

Default D-Day : Thanks

Today, it's the 67th anniversary of the D-Day.

I'd like to thank all the allied forces who came here, fought, died and defeated our enemies in the name of liberty.

We will never forget what you did sirs. There are no words to thank you as you deserve it.

Froggy's back !

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

It would have been much more difficult and bloody if it wasn't for the heroic actions of the French Resistance constantly pumping information (gun emplacement locations, troop levels, etc) to England while at the same time sabotaging communications and transportation lines.

3. The Following 9 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Like to say I was there but my Uncle was, although he passed away a couple of weeks ago, he went back about 10 years ago to see the cemeteries if nothing else.

He was impressed about how well maintained they were..

Thanks for thanking us, we do not see or hear that very often.

5. The Following 8 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Like to say I was there but my Uncle was, although he passed away a couple of weeks ago, he went back about 10 years ago to see the cemeteries if nothing else.

He was impressed about how well maintained they were..

Thanks for thanking us, we do not see or hear that very often.
    I wish I would have known your uncle to thank him.

You know, a majority of French people can't forget that... I'd be mad if we wouldn't take care of the cemeteries and the other stuff... I see it as a duty of memory (don't know if it's correct in English, but I hope you see what I mean).

Talking about our relationship... I've always said it's a "I love you, I hate you" game. But the truth is, you have many fans here, even if we don't often show/say it to you

You don't need to thank me for that my friend... I think many people should thank you (and all other Allied forces) for what you did in Europe and in Pacific... Take care.

Froggy's back !

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Thank you for thinking of these people, and as sneakers said, thanks to the people of France who fought so hard to help regain their country.

This world has seen too much war.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    Today, it's the 67th anniversary of the D-Day.

I'd like to thank all the allied forces who came here, fought, died and defeated our enemies in the name of liberty.

We will never forget what you did sirs. There are no words to thank you as you deserve it.

French, I'd like to thank y'all for helping us kick some Redcoat butt back in the 1700s and for that cool statue in our NY harbor.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Top is going to get on later and tell us about him storming Omaha Beach.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    French, I'd like to thank y'all for helping us kick some Redcoat butt back in the 1700s and for that cool statue in our NY harbor.

Well it only shows that despite our disagreement, we share a lot of history and a lot of support for each other. I see US more as a very good thing than a bad one. By far! And really, a lot of french people do think like me... Ok... we are often rudes, we like to kid you, to tease you, to criticize you ... That's just part of our culture and may be we're a bit jealous to have lost our level as a superpower like we were a long time ago. And we have to defend our interests too sometimes (may be that sucks, but that is politics )
    But it's no big deal... don't listen too much to medias... They only like to make stuff about that BS !

As a former military myself, I've told some of your military guys here that I would be glad to fight back to back with you anyday... And I truely and deeply think that

I am very proud to know that I've got friends in the other side of the pond.

All of you, take care (still no champagne smiley... I go for the wine one )

PS : just a short story... My uncle is a fan of airsoft and owns almost every US stuff of the WWII... He's often talking with with a Airborne vet via the Net... When the vet knew and saw all the respect and thanks we have for what you did, he offered my uncle a real uniform of the Airborne (I think it's from the 101st)... Isn't it a very class act?
    How refreshing and great it is to see things like that...
    Froggy's back !

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Top is going to get on later and tell us about him storming Omaha Beach.
    Seriously? I knew Top was a lot older than most of us, but I didn't know he was that old.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Seriously? I knew Top was a lot older than most of us, but I didn't know he was that old.
    Top is older than ALL of us.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Cool. Thanks for posting this. My dad was on Gold Beach on June 6 1944.
    He died in 2003. Right now, I dont know how many WW2 vets are dying every day, but I know its a lot and soon there will be no more.

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Top is older than ALL of us.
    In other words, I've been trying to stump someone old enough to be my grandfather at trivia I wonder if that has anything to do with my lack of success?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    He died in 2003. Right now, I dont know how many WW2 vets are dying every day, but I know its a lot and soon there will be no more.
    A few years ago I heard that the number was around 1000 a day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Someone had said there was a shortage on Honor Guards for the Vet's funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post

I agree...my dad fought in WWII.

He died in 1984.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information