Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Champ Bailey #48 in NFLN's Top 100

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Default Champ Bailey #48 in NFLN's Top 100

Champ Bailey is #48 in NFL Network's top 100 in the game today. Undoubtably, Champ is one of the greatest corners in the history of the game, and a future HOFer. Here is the link, enjoy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...0-Champ-Bailey
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Champ Bailey is #48 in NFL Network's top 100 in the game today. Undoubtably, Champ is one of the greatest corners in the history of the game, and a future HOFer. Here is the link, enjoy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...0-Champ-Bailey
    Nice! Thanks for the post, man!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I thought this was supposed to be Top players of 2011. Not a single highlight of Champ came from this past year.

That's kind of weak.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be Top players of 2011. Not a single highlight of Champ came from this past year.

That's kind of weak.
    Actually, I saw an interception he had against the Seahawks last year. Given how horrible our defense was last year, I don't really think there were many highlights to be found.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Actually, I saw an interception he had against the Seahawks last year. Given how horrible our defense was last year, I don't really think there were many highlights to be found.
    I thought one of them might have been last year. That said, then he doesn't deserve to be that high and the ranking is useless. JMHO...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

It's so awesome when a guy who has a ton of upside/potential/talent comes into the pros, works his butt off, and maximizes on his considerable potential. Champ running a 4.28 40 at the combine, then coming in and learning routes, defenses, being a gym rat, good teammate - it's so hard to put the whole package together.

What a treat it's been to watch him the last decade. I'm so happy he's back with Denver next year. Just a truly awesome player.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived zbeg For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Champ called in to NFL Network and discussed his placement at #48. It's interesting to get his take on his selection.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...0-Champ-reacts

10. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

I thought one of them might have been last year. That said, then he doesn't deserve to be that high and the ranking is useless. JMHO...
    the players disagree.
    champ was very good last year.. missing fancy highlights don't tell the whole story..

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    the players disagree.
    champ was very good last year.. missing fancy highlights don't tell the whole story..
    He certainly shut some people down last season, Bowe, Fitz. Teams still generally avoid him. His peers still think he's got it and so do I. I was thrilled when we re-signed him.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

He's still lining up against the games best WR's and winning every Sunday. That's crazy talk Mo.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He's still lining up against the games best WR's and winning every Sunday. That's crazy talk Mo.
    Exactly. The highlights we don't see are the most important ones. For example, the 1 or 2 times a defensive player gets a sack in a game will make a highlight reel, but the 60 times he was blocked by the offensive lineman will never make it to ESPN. Same thing with Champ. I don't recall too much footage of Champ getting flat out beat by who he was covering last year for a big gain or score.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Exactly. The highlights we don't see are the most important ones. For example, the 1 or 2 times a defensive player gets a sack in a game will make a highlight reel, but the 60 times he was blocked by the offensive lineman will never make it to ESPN. Same thing with Champ. I don't recall too much footage of Champ getting flat out beat by who he was covering last year for a big gain or score.
    A highlight reel of "quarterbacks not daring to throw in his direction the entire game" doesn't make for a very interesting reel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That's kind of weak.
    The whole list is pretty much worthless but its nice to see Champ on there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I figured he would be somewhere in the top 100. I'm glad to see that he is still thought as in the top 50.

22. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

About 40 spots to high for my liking but what do you expect from a tainted fan LOL. Way to go Champ

Thanks MasterShake!!!

24. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information