Thread: Music creation software - need help

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Music creation software - need help

I'm making a song w/ a bro and we're looking at different software to do it. I've used cakewalk, which I know is a popular program, but is there anything that's easier to use or free-er? Would be nice to be able to take samples and tweak them and collaborate easily. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

hawg, you still lookin', or did you find something?

i don't do music myself (just listen to it), but i know that a number of people use pro tools, and there's now a free version available. . .

windows

mac

that may be something you could use. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    hawg, you still lookin', or did you find something?

i don't do music myself (just listen to it), but i know that a number of people use pro tools, and there's now a free version available. . .

windows

mac

that may be something you could use. . . .
    Thanks man. I ended up using Reason for a bit but mainly fruity loops. My buddy in music suggested pro -tools because it's free, but I didn't mess with it.

I made some fun stuff with it. I might have to post something.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

How intricate do you plan on getting with your recordings?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Thanks man. I ended up using Reason for a bit but mainly fruity loops. My buddy in music suggested pro -tools because it's free, but I didn't mess with it.

I made some fun stuff with it. I might have to post something.
    do it. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm making a song w/ a bro and we're looking at different software to do it. I've used cakewalk, which I know is a popular program, but is there anything that's easier to use or free-er? Would be nice to be able to take samples and tweak them and collaborate easily. Thanks.
    You ever try Audacity? It works with Mac and PC and is comparable to the high end stuff I bought for my video editing/audio software (like Sound Booth Pro).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    You ever try Audacity? It works with Mac and PC and is comparable to the high end stuff I bought for my video editing/audio software (like Sound Booth Pro).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    I think I got an audacity demo a few years back. Back then I was using cakewalk but I really didn't like that program.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I have one beat, it's only 8 measures and it's very simple, but I kinda like it. It's an mp3, so I don't know the easiest way to link to it. How would I do that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    How intricate do you plan on getting with your recordings?
    You do see the avy, right?

I would plan on making the best song ever made but my plans often interfere with each other...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information