Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: NBA Finals

LeBron is a dick. Did you guys see his cracks about how the loser fans will go back to their pathetic lives, while he lives the rich life (paraphrasing his meaning):

"All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. So they can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they got to get back to the real world at some point."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...n-lousy-life/1

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Hasn't he lost two now?????
    Yes. He has also essentially disappeared in each of the series his team has lost during the last five seasons.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

4. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I wonder if Pippen will retract his statement?

Thanks MasterShake!!!

6. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with atwater on that one. It just doesn't seem like Dirk gets his motivation like that. Congrats to Dallas for delivering a great performance, especially to guys like Barea and Terry who filled in for Dirk when he needed it most.

Also, was anyone else somewhat surprised that Cuban gave away the ultimate "**** you" moment by not having Stern give him the trophy? Strangely classy behavior by him for the entirety of the celebrations, down to the PR-esque shots of him messing with his kids.

A trophy well deserved by the Mavs, and a "finally" moment for both Dirk and Kidd. Have to say that there aren't many forwards better than Dirk... Ever. It's a really, really short list. One dude who totally deserves the ring for carrying a team of nobodies and washouts as far as he did.
    I thought it was a very classy move by Cuban to have the trophy given first to the original owner of the Mavs.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    LeBron is a dick. Did you guys see his cracks about how the loser fans will go back to their pathetic lives, while he lives the rich life (paraphrasing his meaning):

The old saying that adversity does not create character it reveals it. It's also the same in revealing someone that doesn't have any humility or know how to deal with adversity. This is just a sour grapes statement IMO. People have told LeBron that's he is so special his whole life that he has not learned how to deal with "real life" and it's ups and downs. I wonder if he has anyone in his life to call him on his crap and get him back to the drawing board of good work ethics and just to grow up?

What I found so interesting in this whole series is that Dirk was a King of basketball in Germany. The best of the best but instead of living on that title there he came to the US. He struggled so much as first but it just made him work harder. Then he has lived with the title of being a choker on the big game for the last many years. Again he used it as energy to drive him to work harder. He said something to the effect that the Mavs played as a team with heart. It's so good to see that heart win out over super egos.

The picture of Terry hugging Dirk was just priceless, you could see the giant elephant got off both their backs.

I also thought that it was classy for Cuban to have the trophy given to the original owner. A once in a life time experience for him.

I have a bigger smile on my face today and I'm inspired that hard work still has a place in our country even in a basketball final......
    Getting Stoked

10. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with atwater on that one. It just doesn't seem like Dirk gets his motivation like that. Congrats to Dallas for delivering a great performance, especially to guys like Barea and Terry who filled in for Dirk when he needed it most.

Also, was anyone else somewhat surprised that Cuban gave away the ultimate "**** you" moment by not having Stern give him the trophy? Strangely classy behavior by him for the entirety of the celebrations, down to the PR-esque shots of him messing with his kids.

A trophy well deserved by the Mavs, and a "finally" moment for both Dirk and Kidd. Have to say that there aren't many forwards better than Dirk... Ever. It's a really, really short list. One dude who totally deserves the ring for carrying a team of nobodies and washouts as far as he did.
    Dirk said....if it takes a comment like that from other guys to motivate me there is something wrong. The fact that it is the finals with the championship on the line is enough for me.

Though, I do have to say....maybe those other guys should keep their mouth shut until after they win the championship. If you are going to play the ego, you better play the game to back it up.

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Oh Chosen One....King....taking your talents to South Beach....Cleveland woke up with a huge smile on their faces today. Those pos scrubs will go back to their measly existances today, but they'll do it with a smile on their face.

Jerk. How anyone could route for a guy like that who is so freaking full of themselves, while having done NOTHING, is beyond me.

Chosen One...so if you're the Chosen One and you just lost your second championship, what does that make guys who have won a couple? What does that make Dirk? Is he freaking God? Deflate your ego a bit, maybe you'd have some room in there to figure out how to show up in the 4th quarter.

14. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Oh Chosen One....King....taking your talents to South Beach....Cleveland woke up with a huge smile on their faces today. Those pos scrubs will go back to their measly existances today, but they'll do it with a smile on their face.

Jerk. How anyone could route for a guy like that who is so freaking full of themselves, while having done NOTHING, is beyond me.

Chosen One...so if you're the Chosen One and you just lost your second championship, what does that make guys who have won a couple? What does that make Dirk? Is he freaking God? Deflate your ego a bit, maybe you'd have some room in there to figure out how to show up in the 4th quarter.
    You would have him whipped into shape so fast...... That's why you would never get the job...put too many enablers out of work.....
    Getting Stoked

16. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post

You would have him whipped into shape so fast...... That's why you would never get the job...put too many enablers out of work.....
    You know it, sister!!! I'd pop the valve on his inflatable ego!

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Tears of a crown: Dirk Nowitzki rejoices

This is great

MIAMI -- On the night he finally found vengeance, eternal validation and the highest measure of victory to wag in the face of anyone who had ever called him soft or mocked his cough, Dirk Nowitzki wasn't going to let the world see his tears.

So he left the scene of his greatest triumph before a single teammate or coach could grab him for a hug, faster than he has ever hurdled a scorer's table to bolt off the floor, all to sneak back to the visitors' locker room.

To cry alone.

"I could already feel the tears coming," Nowitzki said in an AmericanAirlines Arena hallway, beaming now as he explained the mad dash at the final buzzer that superseded any urge he felt to dance on the court inside this house of old horrors … or to stick around and find out how it feels to get a congratulatory man hug from Dwyane Wade.

"I had to recover, bro."

The Dallas Mavericks had to drag Nowitzki back to the podium of champions Sunday night, so he could hoist the two trophies of his dreams, all because he didn't want anyone to see him like this, whether they were in the building or watching on TV. He admittedly "cried like a baby" back in 2008 upon clinching Germany's qualification for the Olympics for the first time in his career, but Nowitzki confessed that he was literally shaking with shock in the immediate aftermath of the Mavs' 105-95 dismantling of the Miami Heat to win the 2011 NBA Finals.
    rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...kigame6-110613

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

20. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

And he has to wake up today, and tomorrow, and the rest of his life knowing that he blew his shot at a title!

I usually don't relish in someones defeat, but Lebron is a punk.

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Man, all of this Finals hoopla resulted in me liking Dirk.

I don't want to like Dirk. I liked it better when I could just envision him as some sort of German robot who couldn't post up... Even though that caricature has been outdated for over a half decade.

But now, it's probably final that I not only respect him and the ridiculouslness that comprises his game (that high of a grip for his jump shot and that kind of accuracy?), but also pretty much everything he stands for.

Bummer.

Go Nuggets.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

24. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

I'd like the name of this thread changed to "Redemption".
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information