Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

wait a minute. No one "cares" what name is on the front of the jersey. Why would anyone hold that against these guys? Every player will move if another is going to pay them more money, or surround them with more talent. Doesn't matter the team name.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It has nothing to do with him signing elsewhere. Its 3 top players getting together and trying to find a way to create a "superteam". Its the NBA being okay with it because it will make them richer. Its the pep rally in Miami and acting like they already accomplished something.

Im a Mavs fan, but im a realist. I would MUCH rather win a title wit the team on the floor tonight, than a team with Bosh and James. It would mean a lot more
    There is a reason they are called FREE agents. They are FREE to go play where they choose. Are you saying the NBA should have tried to stop it? If so, I couldn't disagree more.

Pro athletes just can't win these days. If they take a max contract, people just say they are in it for the money. If they take less money to try to win, people criticize them for creating a super team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    wait a minute. No one "cares" what name is on the front of the jersey. Why would anyone hold that against these guys? Every player will move if another is going to pay them more money, or surround them with more talent. Doesn't matter the team name.
    Seriously. People act like the players on the Heat are the only guys in sports with that mindset.

Like any poster on this board wouldn't leave to work somewhere else if someone else offered they a better job or a shitlocker full of money.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I would too. Long term, the Clippers are much more attractive than Dallas. Dallas's window is going to close pretty soon. The Clippers are loaded with young talent.
    No FA will play for LAC. Do some research why.

6. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would too. Long term, the Clippers are much more attractive than Dallas. Dallas's window is going to close pretty soon. The Clippers are loaded with young talent.
    In one post you argue that Dallas is attractive because their owner would seek out a player like LeBron James and in the next you openly admit that a team with the worst losing culture in the history of professional sports is a more attractive destination?

Really?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Bron is free to play anywhere he wants. To me, the way he left CLE is the reason why people have issues with him.

9. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    In one post you argue that Dallas is attractive because their owner would seek out a player like LeBron James and in the next you openly admit that a team with the worst losing culture in the history of professional sports is a more attractive destination?

Really?
    Given the talent on the teams, I would rather go to LAC. Yeah they have shitty ownership, but had LeBron gone there, they would have had so much talent it wouldn't have mattered.

Adopted Bronco:

Not saying they should have stopped it at all. My only disdain for the NBA in this is how they condone it in order to milk the profits. I'll be curios to see how many times per game Wade and James go to the line. Remember 2006?

Basically, the top 5 players in the NBA could sign small 2 year contracts just to play together and the NBA would be okay with it. This is going to start happening more and more and small market teams are going to get screwed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not saying they should have stopped it at all. My only disdain for the NBA in this is how they condone it in order to milk the profits. I'll be curios to see how many times per game Wade and James go to the line. Remember 2006?

Basically, the top 5 players in the NBA could sign small 2 year contracts just to play together and the NBA would be okay with it. This is going to start happening more and more and small market teams are going to get screwed.
    Really? You are going to hate on a business for trying to make as much money as possible? Now you have really lost me. And the way so many teams are losing money right now, I don't blame the league for trying to make money in any way possible.

The fans care a LOT more about the 'name of the front' than the players. That goes for all sports.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

14. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Ok. Talk to me about this when there is no cap in the NFL and they let the Cowboys buy all the talent because they have the largest fan base and its "good for business".

Seriously?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok. Talk to me about this when there is no cap in the NFL and they let the Cowboys buy all the talent because they have the largest fan base and its "good for business".

Seriously?
    There is a cap in the NBA. Granted it's not a hard cap like the NFL but there is still a cap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There is a cap in the NBA. Granted it's not a hard cap like the NFL but there is still a cap.
    So kindly explain how Cuban was going to get around this cap to sign LeBron...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And you say small market teams have no chance? Then what about what Memphis and OKC did in these playoffs? Or what the Spurs have done this decade. If built well, small market teams can compete in the NBA.

Adopted Bronco:

Cap or no cap. Your argiment is its good for business and I just dont see that. Difference of opinion

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information