Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Um...no he didn't.

The teams who visited Cleveland were: Miami, Chicago, New York and the Clippers.

No Dallas.
    Here you go, Mo:

http://www.businessinsider.com/dalla...verick-2010-11

Mark Cuban revealed to the media that he tried hard to convince LeBron James to come to Dallas this offseason, just hours before Cuban's Mavericks handed James his eighth loss of the year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Skip Bayless for one. And while it has worn off a bunch, in the weeks after the decision the talking heads couldn't bash him enough. You have a very selective memory Mo.
    No. I don't have a selective memory. One columnist said they wouldn't win and an entire network is "hating?"

They created an entire web page dedicated to the Heat. They weren't hating on the Heat. That's preposterous. They love LeBron James because he means ratings.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Youve lost your mind. Signing a FA is one thing. Conglomerating t buy a title is another. James, Wade and Bosh do not care what name is on the front of the jersey
    So signing one major FA is ok but signing 2 like Miami did is some huge crime? Ok...

What if Dallas has signed LeBron and Bosh. Would you have had a problem with it then?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No. I don't have a selective memory. One columnist said they wouldn't win and an entire network is "hating?"

They created an entire web page dedicated to the Heat. They weren't hating on the Heat. That's preposterous. They love LeBron James because he means ratings.
    You're confusing the people who run ESPN with their talking heads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So Cuban wanted LeBron. Everyone wanted the best player in the league and Cuban is the exact owner who would state such a thing.

Dallas was never a major player. Ever. No Dallas fan is worried about LeBron not picking Dallas because Dallas wasn't realistically an option.
    My point is that Chaz is bashing Miami and calling them the Yankees when Cuban tried to do the exact same thing but just failed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sweet, Cuban sent a text to James saying he should have been a Maverick, but didn't interview him during free agency or make a strong push to trade for James in a sign and trade, which financially would have been the only way Dallas signed LeBron.

That's not very good evidence. Nor is the financials behind the assertion. And I'm fairly certain that random Mavs fans could care less about this supposed push for James as a Maverick.

And I'm really certain Coach doesn't give a shit about supposed text messages.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You're confusing the people who run ESPN with their talking heads.
    Nope. I'm not confusing anyone with their columnists and beat reporters. Maybe one columnist said he made the wrong decision and wasn't go to win. That's not hating. That's an honest opinion. And it certainly wasn't network wide.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sweet, Cuban sent a text to James saying he should have been a Maverick, but didn't interview him during free agency or make a strong push to trade for James in a sign and trade, which financially would have been the only way Dallas signed LeBron.

That's not very good evidence. Nor is the financials behind the assertion. And I'm fairly certain that random Mavs fans could care less about this supposed push for James as a Maverick.

And I'm really certain Coach doesn't give a shit about supposed text messages.
    Let me show you this part of the article again:

Mark Cuban revealed to the media that he tried hard to convince LeBron James to come to Dallas this offseason
    He said flat out that he tried hard to convince him to come to Dallas.

And I'm sure no Maverick fan would have had a problem with it, which is why it's sour grapes to bash the team that got him.

Adopted Bronco:

I have to disagree. No sense explaining why because your convinced you know what I think...so I'll just disagree

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let me show you this part of the article again:

He said flat out that he tried hard to convince him to come to Dallas.

And I'm sure no Maverick fan would have had a problem with it, which is why it's sour grapes to bash the team that got him.
    He tried so hard that he didn't even interview him during free agency...

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I have to disagree. No sense explaining why because your convinced you know what I think...so I'll just disagree
    So you would have bashed Dallas and not cheered for them had they signed LeBron and Bosh?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He tried so hard that he didn't even interview him during free agency...
    LeBron chose which teams to interview with. Just because Cuban didn't interview him doesn't mean he didn't try hard to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

LeBron chose which teams to interview with. Just because Cuban didn't interview him doesn't mean he didn't try hard to.
    Yeah, James chose the Clippers over the Mavericks...

Right...I'm going to believe that for a second.

Cuban is full of shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, James chose the Clippers over the Mavericks...

Right...I'm going to believe that for a second.

Cuban is full of shit.
    I would too. Long term, the Clippers are much more attractive than Dallas. Dallas's window is going to close pretty soon. The Clippers are loaded with young talent.

Adopted Bronco:

It has nothing to do with him signing elsewhere. Its 3 top players getting together and trying to find a way to create a "superteam". Its the NBA being okay with it because it will make them richer. Its the pep rally in Miami and acting like they already accomplished something.

Im a Mavs fan, but im a realist. I would MUCH rather win a title wit the team on the floor tonight, than a team with Bosh and James. It would mean a lot more

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information