Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report: Wilfork to be fined for hit on Cutler

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Default Report: Wilfork to be fined for hit on Cutler

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...er?FSO2&ATT=MA

NEW YORK (AP) - New England defensive tackle Vince Wilfork will be fined but not suspended by the NFL after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell about a hit on Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, a source familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The Patriots nose tackle met Tuesday with Goodell and the commissioner decided to forego a possible suspension. That's according to a person familiar with the case who asked for anonymity because there has been no official announcement.

The NFL declined comment, noting that fines and suspensions normally are announced on Fridays.

Wilfork was summoned before Goodell after tape of New England's 41-7 win Oct. 20 showed Wilfork elbowing Cutler in the helmet. Wilfork was fined a total of $35,000 last season for four different episodes.

They included hits on Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman and Dallas tight end Jason Witten. He also was fined for putting a finger inside the facemask of New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs and grabbing the facemask of San Diego's Michael Turner during the AFC championship game.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Crush05 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Crush05 View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...er?FSO2&ATT=MA

NEW YORK (AP) - New England defensive tackle Vince Wilfork will be fined but not suspended by the NFL after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell about a hit on Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, a source familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The Patriots nose tackle met Tuesday with Goodell and the commissioner decided to forego a possible suspension. That's according to a person familiar with the case who asked for anonymity because there has been no official announcement.

The NFL declined comment, noting that fines and suspensions normally are announced on Fridays.

Wilfork was summoned before Goodell after tape of New England's 41-7 win Oct. 20 showed Wilfork elbowing Cutler in the helmet. Wilfork was fined a total of $35,000 last season for four different episodes.

They included hits on Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman and Dallas tight end Jason Witten. He also was fined for putting a finger inside the facemask of New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs and grabbing the facemask of San Diego's Michael Turner during the AFC championship game.
    This guy sounds like a real great guy.
    4 fines last season and this new one...he's really learning his lesson Commish.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Time to suspend the POS. Karma is a byatch Vince, just look at your boy, Rodney Harrison. Watch out for your knees.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Just shows that some teams get away with more than others!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Crush05 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wilfork, what a class act. lmao!

Wait...a Patriot...fined but not suspended. What a shocker.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

At least Cutler is getting some higher-up protection. For awhile it seemed like no late hit would get called out and Cutler had already taken some intense shots.
    Last edited by NameUsedBefore; 10-29-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

13. The Following User High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Crush05 View Post
    Just shows that some teams get away with more than others!
    I heard on the radio yesterday that the Rams sent a tape to the commish from their game this past week with a host of uncalled penalties etc., from their game this past week with the Pats.

Apparently, the Pats were called for a total of one, yes that's right a whole game with one penalty on the Pats.

Check that. . .just found an article, it appears that the one penalty called against the Pats was declined, whilst the Rams were flagged 12 times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

The New England Patriots were assessed zero penalty yards in their win over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday -- and the Rams want to know why.

AFC East blog

ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation
    The Rams are sending a videotape to the NFL's offices, highlighting plays the team believes should have resulted in penalties against the Patriots on Sunday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

"Never ever, ever, ever played a perfect team before," Rams guard Richie Incognito said about the disparity, according to the report. "That's all I am going to say on that one."

During the game, the Rams were flagged 12 times (with three penalties declined) for 63 yards; the Patriots were flagged once, with the Rams declining that penalty.

"It doesn't help. It just lets them know you know," Rams coach Jim Haslett said of the decision to send the tape, according to the report.

The Post-Dispatch reported that Haslett pointed out three plays he believed should have resulted in personal fouls against the Patriots: a grab of quarterback Marc Bulger's face mask; a late hit on Bulger; and an out-of-bounds hit on cornerback Fakhir Brown following an interception.

Haslett also said the Rams were hurt by a poor placement on a punt that Donnie Jones kicked out of bounds during the fourth quarter, according to the report. New England took possession at its 48-yard line and tied the score at 16 on a field goal six plays later.

"I thought we should've had at least another 10 yards," Haslett said of the placement, according to the report.