Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Report: Wilfork to be fined for hit on Cutler

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If the tables were turned I would be beaming with pride over Wilfork. I want BAMFs on my defense. Sorry if that desire offends anyone. Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Well, except if he became a Bronco, he'd get flagged for that kind of stupidity. Rightfully so. I didn't like that crap when Romo did it for Denver, nor do I like to see Harrison, Wilfork, and others get away with it. Play the game within the rules. If you bend the rules, take your lumps, fines, and suspensions. Like the rest of us (who are not politicians) have to. If you want to see that kind of crap, there's always real sports like roller derby and WWF.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

4. The Following User High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    This guy sounds like a real great guy.
    4 fines last season and this new one...he's really learning his lesson Commish.

No kidding. Sounds like fines aren't enough. I think he needs some time off and without pay.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    CharlesMogOB

Default $35,000

From PFT:
    WILFORK WILL PAY $35,000
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 30, 2008, 9:54 a.m.

As we reported on Wednesday, Pats defensive tackle Vince “I’m Not A Dirty Player Because I Take A Bubble Bath Before Every Game” Wilfork won’t be suspended in the wake of his most recent episode of unnecessary roughness, which came in the form of an elbow to the head of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler.

We’re now told that Wilfork will be fined $35,000 for his transgression.

Based on a salary of $1.4 million, the fine is roughly equivalent to 40 percent of a game check.

If Wilfork doesn’t make good on his vow to change his ways, the next step undoubtedly will be a suspension.
    If the guys has repeated violations, this is pretty light for punishment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
    From PFT:

If Wilfork doesn’t make good on his vow to change his ways, the next step undoubtedly will be a suspension.
    Uhhhh how many fines does it take before a suspension Mr. Commish? FFS....let's suspend the guy who is just under investigation for assault, but we'll just fine the guy who has actually done it. BRILLIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
    From PFT:

Not when you know the facts. The tape Goodell viewed did not show any intent to injure by Wilfork.

In fact, after the play was over Wilfork helped Cutler get up off the ground and Cutler even gave Vince a friendly little tap.

For that Wilfork get's a $35,000 fine. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Not when you know the facts. The tape Goodell viewed did not show any intent to injure by Wilfork.

In fact, after the play was over Wilfork helped Cutler get up off the ground and Cutler even gave Vince a friendly little tap.

For that Wilfork get's a $35,000 fine. Amazing.
    Do you tell yourself these things over and over until you believe them?

10. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information