Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jim Tressel resigns from Ohio State

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default Jim Tressel resigns from Ohio State

I thought he was beyond having to resign, I guess not. No more sweater vest!

What ya think broncophan!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Seems like an overreaction to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Seems like an overreaction to me.
    Not if the SI piece is as damning as I've heard...(Coming from ESPN this morning)
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Tressel's a cheat. Wins over morals. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Not if the SI piece is as damning as I've heard...(Coming from ESPN this morning)
    He's probably a hall of fame coach in a sport where everyone is cheater. The nobility of college sports is gone.

USC got popped.

OSU got popped.

The Cam Newton scandals.

Simply put, everyone knows the landscape, some are just better at burying the proverbial bodies better than others.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He's probably a hall of fame coach in a sport where everyone is cheater. The nobility of college sports is gone.

USC got popped.

OSU got popped.

The Cam Newton scandals.

Simply put, everyone knows the landscape, some are just better at burying the proverbial bodies better than others.
    This is nothing new. This goes back decades. What surprises me is that people are surprised...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    This is nothing new. This goes back decades. What surprises me is that people are surprised...
    Yeah, some of my friends that are Buckeye fans are just shocked!

It's like the people who were surprised when Saban ditched the Phins for 'Bama.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, some of my friends that are Buckeye fans are just shocked!

It's like the people who were surprised when Saban ditched the Phins for 'Bama.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Buffs aren't cheating enough...

I want the days of McCartney back. That man knew how to cover shit up!

What I get a true kick out of, is when another NCAA coach goes after a peer for cheating in the press...that is hilarious stuff. (I'm looking at you Lane Kiffin)

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Hey, I'd take Lane Kiffin as the Buckeyes coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Hey, I'd take Lane Kiffin as the Buckeyes coach.
    Gruden's already being rumored!

I know there's cheating in every faucet of life especially sports but I never thought I'd see Ohio State have Tressel resign! So i'm shocked!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Gruden's already being rumored!

I know there's cheating in every faucet of life especially sports but I never thought I'd see Ohio State have Tressel resign! So i'm shocked!
    Tressel's mistake wasn't cheating, so I won't call him a cheat. Tressel's mistake was covering it up, at least as far as everything that has come out so far.

9-1 against Michigan.

I think my buddies from Columbus love that about him more than anything. Especially after Cooper.

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wish UVA would cheat more.

Seriously though, i saw this coming. Tressel is a great coach and i blame the players more than him. The pressure for coaches (especially college ones) is huge to win and get the best players possible and sometimes that means getting players who have questionable characters. Now, Tressel may have tried to sweep this under the rug which he would be guilty of but its something ANY coach of some of the power house schools would be.

EVERY coach will pick wins over morals. Every coach, if they have any success, already have made that choice.

As mentioned, I know Michigan fans are happy this happened, purely because now they have something to hold against OSU. But the reality is, they wish they had Tressel on their side, no matter how much they deny it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wish UVA would cheat more.

Seriously though, i saw this coming. Tressel is a great coach and i blame the players more than him. The pressure for coaches (especially college ones) is huge to win and get the best players possible and sometimes that means getting players who have questionable characters. Now, Tressel may have tried to sweep this under the rug which he would be guilty of but its something ANY coach of some of the power house schools would be.
    Untrue. Only those that feel they're beyond reproach.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information