Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Major League Baseball Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2011 Major League Baseball Thread

Alex Gordon is turning into a fine left fielder. Still need more out of his bat.

P.S. The MLB forum has really dried up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Alex Gordon is turning into a fine left fielder. Still need more out of his bat.

P.S. The MLB forum has really dried up.
    Just a few of those Rockies' faithful posting right now.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Just a few of those Rockies' faithful posting right now.
    The Rockies really screwed the pooch in the seventh. Bases loaded, no outs...no runs.

I know Giambi had a few home runs the past month, but that guy is just terrible. He's beyond grip it and rip it, he's grip it and flail at it. It's bad.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Hay, the D-Backs are finally figuring out how to play baseball, at least for now. Whenever they score 6 or more runs, we get free tacos at Taco Bell. We've gotten them 3 days in a row now, but none tomorrow because they only got 4 runs today. Everybody is rushing to take advantage because we all know there could be a 3 month drought coming at any time. Especially with Upton swinging for the fence every time he comes up with a man on base (47 Hs, 9 HRs & 42 SOs in 195 AB in 51 games).
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Hay, the D-Backs are finally figuring out how to play baseball, at least for now. Whenever they score 6 or more runs, we get free tacos at Taco Bell. We've gotten them 3 days in a row now, but none tomorrow because they only got 4 runs today. Everybody is rushing to take advantage because we all know there could be a 3 month drought coming at any time. Especially with Upton swinging for the fence every time he comes up with a man on base (47 Hs, 9 HRs & 42 SOs in 195 AB in 51 games).
    I haven't paid much attention to the D-Backs this season, and haven't seen them play. I do like Daniel Hudson. He's gotten decent stuff, but he hasn't been lights out this season yet, anyway.

Yeah, Upton's season has been a disappointment. Not sure what he's trying to accomplish at the plate.

I will say that just glancing at their roster, they've got decent players, and even decent, young pitching, they just can't seem to win games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Joakim Soria has not been very good this season, and the Rockies kind of screwed the pooch throughout the game.

Clutch hitting. Got to have it. When your best hitter comes to the plate with first and third, down by one, with two outs in the ninth, you've got to have a base hit. Have to have it.

Adopted Bronco:

You got banned...i stopped coming around...no one else knows the game like us

Adopted Bronco:

I credit it to them having a manager that knows how the game should be played

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    You got banned...i stopped coming around...no one else knows the game like us
    Royals really screwed things up today. That ballpark down there in Texas is freakin' crazy.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah. Local fans dont understand that it doesnt matter how good pitching is when you play in the Texas climate in that ballpark. To prove it, I ask fans to look at batters splits and they look at me like im speaking chinese

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah. Local fans dont understand that it doesnt matter how good pitching is when you play in the Texas climate in that ballpark. To prove it, I ask fans to look at batters splits and they look at me like im speaking chinese
    I'm familiar with the crazy home park splits because of following the Rockies. I haven't looked at the Rangers, but I'm sure its astronomical. I'm also sure the Park Factor for that ballpark is through the roof.

I mean...Endy Chavez hit a home run on Saturday.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Not a lot of love for the "national" past time around here.

I come home and pretty much have MLB network on all day.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Not a lot of love for the "national" past time around here.

I come home and pretty much have MLB network on all day.
    I bought MLB.tv because my cable company doesn't carry MLB Network or the MLB Package...so I watch anywhere from one-five games a night, and much more on the weekend. Watched the Cubs-Astros game earlier on WGN until the Royals came on (Smashes by Gordon and The Hoz ()).

Rockies and Dodgers later. I'm sure I'll tune into some of that...

For the past several years, whenever the Yankees came to Seattle, A Rod didn't "feel well" so he didn't play. The M fans hate the guy, but for good cause. He played this trip. There weren't as many boos because there were a lot of Yankee fans in the stands.

M's just beat the Oriole's 4-3.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Soria loses his closer job and its given to Aaron Crow. Not so sure about that one...

June 1 is Wednesday...start calling up the stud rookies Royals...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information