Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Modification to policy on bypassing filtered words -- use of profanity

Bassturd seems to work fine.

What does SNAFU mean? Seriously, I just thought it was a word meaning in a sticky spot, never thinking it was an acro.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Bassturd seems to work fine.

What does SNAFU mean? Seriously, I just thought it was a word meaning in a sticky spot, never thinking it was an acro.
    situation normal all ****ed up

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by shamed fan View Post
    situation normal all ****ed up

Wow, you learn something new everyday.

In some of the non-lounge threads, I think the filter of certain words should be allowed because of the nature of the thread. For example, the Music Title Thread. There are song titles with certain "sentence enhancers" in them, so that should be an acception to the rule.

For ........ sake, I can already guess which of Coach's posts got the big NO NO from the mods. Over Moderation is just as bad as Under Moderation.

Let's not make this place like the very place we all left from....if we're going to do that, we might as well save T the money and go back to Mania.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

And Fred the Bunny needs a place to be Dr Velcro.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dr Velcro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    For ........ sake, I can already guess which of Coach's posts got the big NO NO from the mods. Over Moderation is just as bad as Under Moderation.

Let's not make this place like the very place we all left from....if we're going to do that, we might as well save T the money and go back to Mania.
    There was no over moderation, read the guidelines.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    There was no over moderation, read the guidelines.
    Give me a break Anu....we all seriously knew what Coach was getting at and unless he is seriously going after another poster, I don't see an issue with it. He wasn't demeaning anyone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Give me a break Anu....we all seriously knew what Coach was getting at and unless he is seriously going after another poster, I don't see an issue with it. He wasn't demeaning anyone.
    Doesnt matter, the guidelines are quite clear about not making up multiple accounts no matter who it is. That is what his violation is for, not him going after another poster.

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Have you guys ever read or watched the movie "Lord of the Flies"?

I was just wondering....

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Velcro View Post
    Have you guys ever read or watched the movie "Lord of the Flies"?

I was just wondering....

Yea, pretty good movie. Although Equilibrium is much better. Kind of like Fahrenheit 451 which is awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Foneco

I tend to agree with you. You create too many rules and nit pick everything it will chase people away. But if you don't have rules and moderation the inmates run the jail. The goal is to find the sweet spot.

Leave the rules alone. If you're going to permit certain variations to circumvent the filter, why have banned words at all? And if you go that route, I know I won't be around.

I probably shouldn't have said that. I just gave a bunch of people a reason to vote for changing the rules.....
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

17. The Following User High Fived Broncos Mtnman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Can we get "Cutler" added to the list of banned/filtered words?

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Can we get "Cutler" added to the list of banned/filtered words?
    good thinking. . . . how about "you haven't even seen them play yet" also. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information