Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Happy Birthday DenBal

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy B-Day ole' chap!

Quote Originally Posted by -HW- View Post
    The whisky's on me and the taxi's on Twin!
    And Sharkie can do the --> (If you can get her away from the whisky) Buck can play the --->
    We can throw KCLady in because we always can enjoy a humorous 'fight song' by a Chief's fan!
    ---I'm on my way due east Twin!
    Very funny hunny, but why do I get stuck with the fiddle? I have picked at the guitar in my past, but the violin?? That’s a whole nuther ball game.

Oh, and one thing I’ve always wondered (but was afraid to ask) dating back to the “other forum…” What’s with this “whiskey” stuff? I mean, I can see a gin gimlet or grasshopper as a ladies drink, but two-fisted WHISKEY?? What’s up with that?

Lessee, there was you, Jaws, Den (and who is the other?) as the “Whiskyteers.” How did that all get started?

--Klewless in Kolorado (while hummin’ and a pickin’ “Whiskey River, Take My Mind…”)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Very funny hunny, but why do I get stuck with the fiddle? I have picked at the guitar in my past, but the violin?? That’s a whole nuther ball game.

Oh, and one thing I’ve always wondered (but was afraid to ask) dating back to the “other forum…” What’s with this “whiskey” stuff? I mean, I can see a gin gimlet or grasshopper as a ladies drink, but two-fisted WHISKEY?? What’s up with that?

Lessee, there was you, Jaws, Den (and who is the other?) as the “Whiskyteers.” How did that all get started?

--Klewless in Kolorado (while hummin’ and a pickin’ “Whiskey River, Take My Mind…”)
    It all started months back when whisky would suddenly come up missing in the former cafe and thus, supplies would run low. Kap continuously blamed Jaws. Afterall, it makes sense, she was always sweeping around the kegs of whisky. My Twin, being the ace-investigator when intoxicated, put his nose on the clues....and wallah.....it was discovered we were all stealing whisky. And it's whisky, not whiskey (moon shine). We all became very dear and good friends sitting at the cafe and hallucinating about drinking too much whisky. It caught on. We're a tough crowd. We made an exclusive group for ourselves, called The Three Whiskyteers! Catchy, eh? We only invited one other person into our group in those days, and that was RedBirdy. I was a little disappointed in Red though.....she didn't seem to take to the whisky like Jaws, Den or myself. Did you know that whisky is a great medicinal drink? Nothing like a whiskey, with a little slice of orange and a drop of honey when you have a chest cold, about an hour before bed. You want to have one an hour prior to bed, so if it goes down too quickly, you have time to have more whisky. We enjoy the burn in the chest - a little bit. Oh-and we can really dance well with a little whisky for a kick start.

The violin is for the deep stories we tell one another that seem to get longer and longer, with each whisky we share. Can you imagine drinking with a British gentlemen, a Welsh lady, and an Irish lassie? We can do our fair share of entertaining! We could also use a drum player....to set us up for our punchlines.

No grasshoppers here master.

No gin for me, thank you. A wormless bottle of To-kill-ya (Tequila) may settle well though.
    Last edited by Jody; 09-28-2007 at 09:30 PM.

It all started months back when whisky would suddenly come up missing in the former cafe and thus, supplies would run low. Kap continuously blamed Jaws. Afterall, it makes sense, she was always sweeping around the kegs of whisky. My Twin, being the ace-investigator when intoxicated, put his nose on the clues....and wallah.....it was discovered we were all stealing whisky. And it's whisky, not whiskey (moon shine). We all became very dear and good friends sitting at the cafe and hallucinating about drinking too much whisky. It caught on. We're a tough crowd. We made an exclusive group for ourselves, called The Three Whiskyteers! Catchy, eh? We only invited one other person into our group in those days, and that was RedBirdy. I was a little disappointed in Red though.....she didn't seem to take to the whisky like Jaws, Den or myself. Did you know that whisky is a great medicinal drink? Nothing like a whiskey, with a little slice of orange and a drop of honey when you have a chest cold, about an hour before bed. You want to have one an hour prior to bed, so if it goes down too quickly, you have time to have more whisky. We enjoy the burn in the chest - a little bit. Oh-and we can really dance well with a little whisky for a kick start.

The violin is for the deep stories we tell one another that seem to get longer and longer, with each whisky we share. Can you imagine drinking with a British gentlemen, a Welsh lady, and an Irish lassie? We can do our fair share of entertaining! We could also use a drum player....to set us up for our punchlines.

No gin for me, thank you. A wormless bottle of To-kill-ya (Tequila) may settle well though.
    As to your narrative... I'm stunned and amazed!

Any chance I could become a member? I could learn to play the drums...

BODDA-BEE-BODDA BOOM!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Smile Happy birthday Den!!

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Im a 1/4 irish, a 1/4 welch a 1/4 french and a 1/4 american indian - my fav drink is tequila go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

happy b-day

I'm very late, but anyway, I wish you a happy b-day Den...

I feel sorry for your defeat against Marseille...
    Anyway... You know there is a lot of champagne (and whisky) waiting for you !!!!

Take care Bro.
    Froggy's back !

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    I'm very late, but anyway, I wish you a happy b-day Den...

I feel sorry for your defeat against Marseille...
    Anyway... You know there is a lot of champagne (and whisky) waiting for you !!!!

Take care Bro.
    Merci, mon ami
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Congratulations my friend.

It wont be long before you get your pension.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Congratulations my friend.

It wont be long before you get your pension.
    Pension?!??!?!?!?

Damned whipper-snapper

Cheers, mate
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Calibroncogrl47 View Post
    Awww Happy Birthday Den...Sorry I missed it!! Hope it was great!!!
    I'm not sure.....................I can't remember

Thank you, m'dear
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I am always real late on these birthdays...sorry. You can consider this an early birthday 51 weeks from now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I am always real late on these birthdays...sorry. You can consider this an early birthday 51 weeks from now.
    More like 46 weeks

Guess I'll just have to have another booze-up for the late comers
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    More like 46 weeks

Guess I'll just have to have another booze-up for the late comers
    Well, then ' I ' have to do whatever my 'twin' is doing, so line em' up Den!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information