Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Proposal: Implementation of an infraction points (IP) system

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I've been for an IP (infraction point) system any time that it's been mentioned, and I like the examples of points and time-frames that Tned has laid out. This would in essence give a three-strikes and your out type of philosophy for major issues, but minor ones would be more-or-less a slap on the wrist. . .only adding on to major issues if there are any.

I would add just one other idea from my experience at the Freak. You should add an additional infraction (I'm not sure what level, but probably along the lines of 5 points) for starting a thread, or questioning publicly any infraction's handed out. Nothing causes more problems imo than a bunch of threads running around criticizing the mods actions.

That's not to say you can't question an infraction in private through pm's with the mods and/or Tned. There's just no need for the public airing of dirty laundry.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I say give it a 30 day trial period, then take a census about it then. Don't enforce the suspensions during this period, but let people know what points they are acruing and why so that we have an adjustment period to get ourselves in line. I also think there should be an appeal thread (that should be used conservatavely).

And I think you should implement the 30 day trial now. Otherwise, this issue could sit here for a while with nothing being done about it.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I say give it a 30 day trial period, then take a census about it then. Don't enforce the suspensions during this period, but let people know what points they are acruing and why so that we have an adjustment period to get ourselves in line. I also think there should be an appeal thread (that should be used conservatavely).

And I think you should implement the 30 day trial now. Otherwise, this issue could sit here for a while with nothing being done about it.
    Actually.....I think that a trial period is a good idea. I'd be down with that.......as long as someone gives me an IP. I never got one over at the Freak.

However, I think appeals should go to Tned only via PM or the suggestion box or something. I don't see anything good coming out of a public appeal. If there is something that needs to be made public, I have faith that Tned will let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

However, I think appeals should go to Tned only via PM or the suggestion box or something. I don't see anything good coming out of a public appeal. If there is something that needs to be made public, I have faith that Tned will let us know.
    I could not agree more Frau. These should never be public.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Actually.....I think that a trial period is a good idea. I'd be down with that.......as long as someone gives me an IP. I never got one over at the Freak.

I could agree with that, however, I don't think the appeals should go just to Tned. There should be a pm address that gets to all the mods. Thus freeing Tned from being the only person having do deal with the appeals.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I would also propose a minor infraction might be handed out for political postings outside the P&R forum, with that offense being increased drastically if done by a member who has had P&R privileges revoked. This is to prevent continued carrying on outside of P&R by members under a P&R ban, and because some folks opt out of P&R for the express purpose of avoiding political controversy.

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Great input guys, thanks. Keep it coming.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post

Why hasn't Frau been hired as a moderator yet?

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I think an IP system is all ****'d up and whoever suggested it is a moron.
    Did I win? Was I the first to get IP points?

Ok, all kidding aside, I'd rather have a board that is self regulating, but human nature as it is, that probably won't happen. So I agree that an IP system with specific values for infractions is a good idea to give a try. What has been suggested seems as good a place to start as any.

It can always be adjusted along the way if certain things don't work. Like maybe going up to 2 points for language filter infractions.

A hockey analogy comes to mind - the penalty box. Five for fighting.

I say go for it.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Grover For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I could agree with that, however, I don't think the appeals should go just to Tned. There should be a pm address that gets to all the mods. Thus freeing Tned from being the only person having do deal with the appeals.
    The problem with this Thnik is that if a member thinks they are being persecuted by a Mod they ought to feel free to discuss this freely with Tned without the Mod being aware

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Why hasn't Frau been hired as a moderator yet?
    Because she is too good looking. Apart from Carol we have standards to uphold

If we implement the system, we can address the appeals system in detail.

One problem with sending appeals to mods, is that it puts them in a tough position.

Moderator A gives an infraction
    Moderator B reviews it and determines it wasn't fair/justified and reverses it

That's a tough position to put moderator B in, and it is probably better that I am the one doing it, since I won't be handing out infractions.

Alternatively, or as a "down the road" thing, we could consider a group of forum members which are an "appeals court", so to speak, but that seems over-kill in my mind, and it would be better to see if a simplified appeals process doesn't work, before trying to overcomplicate things.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Selvin Young

I think, one stike, and you're out, is the best way to go..........Tough love.........It's for their own good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Because she is too good looking. Apart from Carol we have standards to uphold
    Discrimination!

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I think clear boundaries are always best with a quick reminder that you have crossed them, so a IP system seems to fit that bill. Tned I can see in your writing that this has become work for you and that's not why you started this board. You have been so generous with your time and money that what ever you need to do to make your life easier then please do it. From where I sit the Mods are fair people and I would trust their judgment with the guild lines you have proposed.
    Getting Stoked

24. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information