Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sunday Game Day Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    Actually the Chiefs played a good game inspite of their overall record.Thigpen had a good game.But we couldn't get it done.Too many questionable flags thrown in that game.
    If Thigpen plays like that from here on out, the Chiefs might have found something...:cringe:
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

This is a good call regardless of the outcome for the Giants going for it here at the goal line...

Ouch for Whodey. 14-6 down to the Texans
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't know about you guys, but I was rooting for Oakland today because of Wild Card implications.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I was rooting for Oakland today because of Wild Card implications.
    What the hell is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Ouch for Whodey. 14-6 down to the Texans
    Yeah, if she was cool I would feel bad for her.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I love this from the Chargers board:

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost....32&postcount=1

As you can see - once again, this Charger fan puts some of the blame on the refs

Main reasons for today's loss
    The main reasons

1. No Defense - no pressure on QB, no man to man press coverage - huge cushion for receivers

2. No Discipline - When the defense did have a chance to get the Saints off the field, they made stupid boneheaded late hits, personal fouls and excessive celebration. Even though it was more limited, the offense did make some stupid penalties backing us up as well - false starts, delays of game, etc and the missed easy catch by Jackson really hurt.

3. The turnover battle - 2 turnovers - first by Darren Sproles providing the Saints with a quick 7 and then one by Rivers gave away or only chance of winning. While Rivers and the offense kept us in the game, we cannot expect our offense to put up points on every drive, but finishing is a must no matter what the game has been like. This is the 2nd week in a row this has happened. Better decisions need to be made under pressure. That is what separates champs from chumps (by no means do I think Rivers is a chump - I have lots of respect for the kid and overall he usually does come through). The difference between last season and this season was that last year while our offense struggled, we were still getting a lot of points off of our D and ST last- we were creating 2-3 turnovers a game by pressuring the QB. Last week we gave up the ball 3 times. Costly turnovers are certainly a part of our losses as well as our poor defensive performance.

4. Refs - The refs truely shafted us once again on key plays. The couple times our D actually did keep a pass from being completed in the end zone, the refs throw the flag which clearly was uncalled for. Then on a play in which we intercepted the ball, on which offenseive pass interference was committed prior to the interception, a penalty for excessive celebration is called, therefore nullifying both penalties, giving the Saints 1st and 10.
    Why didn't the Saints lose a down?
    Why wasn't the celebration nullified since the interception never occurred? Wouldn't it make sense that if the offensive pass interference was committed before the interception that got overturned, it would therefore nullify any corresponding celebration? There was no personal foul on the play. I think the NFL needs to make sure their refs have common sense and make things "right". Otherwise, this is all pointless. I put the refs last on the list because we have to learn to win even when a game isn't called fairly.

I will say this. Overall our offense is playing well. Our Defense looks horrible. But it is amazing to me that in several games in which we got shafted by the refs, we still managed to lose only by one possession. This just goes to show you that if we even had a defense that put up a fight 30 percent of the time, we could still win. I am still trying to stay positive about our season. If we can fire Ted and put Rivera as DC and get Cromartie and some of our weaker defensive links on the bench, I think there is still hope for the season.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I love this from the Chargers board:

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost....32&postcount=1

As you can see - once again, this Charger fan puts some of the blame on the refs

Main reasons for today's loss
    The main reasons

1. No Defense - no pressure on QB, no man to man press coverage - huge cushion for receivers

2. No Discipline - When the defense did have a chance to get the Saints off the field, they made stupid boneheaded late hits, personal fouls and excessive celebration. Even though it was more limited, the offense did make some stupid penalties backing us up as well - false starts, delays of game, etc and the missed easy catch by Jackson really hurt.

3. The turnover battle - 2 turnovers - first by Darren Sproles providing the Saints with a quick 7 and then one by Rivers gave away or only chance of winning. While Rivers and the offense kept us in the game, we cannot expect our offense to put up points on every drive, but finishing is a must no matter what the game has been like. This is the 2nd week in a row this has happened. Better decisions need to be made under pressure. That is what separates champs from chumps (by no means do I think Rivers is a chump - I have lots of respect for the kid and overall he usually does come through). The difference between last season and this season was that last year while our offense struggled, we were still getting a lot of points off of our D and ST last- we were creating 2-3 turnovers a game by pressuring the QB. Last week we gave up the ball 3 times. Costly turnovers are certainly a part of our losses as well as our poor defensive performance.

4. Refs - The refs truely shafted us once again on key plays. The couple times our D actually did keep a pass from being completed in the end zone, the refs throw the flag which clearly was uncalled for. Then on a play in which we intercepted the ball, on which offenseive pass interference was committed prior to the interception, a penalty for excessive celebration is called, therefore nullifying both penalties, giving the Saints 1st and 10.
    Why didn't the Saints lose a down?
    Why wasn't the celebration nullified since the interception never occurred? Wouldn't it make sense that if the offensive pass interference was committed before the interception that got overturned, it would therefore nullify any corresponding celebration? There was no personal foul on the play. I think the NFL needs to make sure their refs have common sense and make things "right". Otherwise, this is all pointless. I put the refs last on the list because we have to learn to win even when a game isn't called fairly.

I will say this. Overall our offense is playing well. Our Defense looks horrible. But it is amazing to me that in several games in which we got shafted by the refs, we still managed to lose only by one possession. This just goes to show you that if we even had a defense that put up a fight 30 percent of the time, we could still win. I am still trying to stay positive about our season. If we can fire Ted and put Rivera as DC and get Cromartie and some of our weaker defensive links on the bench, I think there is still hope for the season.

Nothin' but nothin' but Great in 2k8!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived REB For This Post:

Forgot to post this last night, but uhhh...Jacksonville?

23-17 home loss to (excuse you) Cleveland?

Cleveland?

13. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

REB

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Forgot to post this last night, but uhhh...Jacksonville?

23-17 home loss to (excuse you) Cleveland?

Cleveland?

Yea that was a surprise. I lost a 6 team teaser getting Jacksonville -1

Nothin' but nothin' but Great in 2k8!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information