Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL's Atlanta Thrashers sold, will move to Winnipeg, report says

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NHL's Atlanta Thrashers sold, will move to Winnipeg, report says

Owners of the Atlanta Thrashers on Thursday agreed to sell the team to a group that will move it to Winnipeg, the Toronto Globe and Mail reported Thursday night.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is expected to make an announcement Tuesday after the sale of the team is completed by True North Sports and Entertainment, according to the newspaper.

That group, which owns the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League, will move the team to Canada where they will play at the MTS Centre arena in Winnipeg, the Globe and Mail reported.
    rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18100340

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Hate to see it as a loss for another city, but I just moved form Winnipeg last summer, and that city is ready for an NHL team

Thanks MasterShake!!!

3. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Not so fast

AGREEMENT TO MOVE THRASHERS TO WINNIPEG NOT COMPLETE YET

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366293

Thanks MasterShake!!!

the jets the jets the jets.

If only med could get back the whale to hartford the circle would be complete
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

The Whale and Quebec need their teams back, but keep the Canes and Avs too.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

7. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    The Whale and Quebec need their teams back, but keep the Canes and Avs too.
    The Whale def needs to come back. Move Columbus that is a pathetic place for hockey. Even Phoenix is not great for hockey.

I am a Canes fan even though my team left Hartford. I would like both. I would love to hear Brass Bonanza and dream of days that Verbeek, Dineen and Francis played well and MIke Liut would make a big save.

Also I have lots of respect for Winnipeg. They never should have lost their team. Bring back Phil Housley and Dale Howerchuck. and Thomas Steen. My time of loving hockey in the 80s. The most fun era with no neutral zone trap and actually guys could get 150 plus points and 60 goals in a year.

I cant forget the Statney brothers, Michel Goulet and Walt Poddubney and Ron Tugnutt and his 70 saves vs Boston.

a GAA under 3 was great not expected like now

9. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

According to CBS, the move comes too late to change around the schedules and divisions for the coming season but realignment is likely for 2012-13 season.

No doubt the Thrashers/Jets will be put into the Northwest Division where they will have instant rivalries with Edmonton and Calgary. Either Minnesota or Colorado would then get the boot.

CBS suggests moving Colorado to the Pacific where it will play the West Coast teams, moving Dallas to the Central (which is really like the Upper Midwest) and taking either Detroit, Columbus or Nashville and moving them to the Southeast in place of Atlanta.

While being geographically furthest from the Southeast, Detroit *wants* to switch conferences so it can play most of its schedule in the Eastern Time Zone instead of playing out west all the time.

Personally, I'd just move Minnesota from the Northwest to the Central and then pick a volunteer to go from the Central to the Southeast. Seems the simplest recourse.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

11. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

eff detroit. I hope they have to deal with the most crap.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I've been in side several sports bars in metro Phoenix. I've seen banners & pics for football, basketball & baseball. I've never seen any for hockey. What does that suggest to you about hockey in the desert?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    According to CBS, the move comes too late to change around the schedules and divisions for the coming season but realignment is likely for 2012-13 season.

No doubt the Thrashers/Jets will be put into the Northwest Division where they will have instant rivalries with Edmonton and Calgary. Either Minnesota or Colorado would then get the boot.

CBS suggests moving Colorado to the Pacific where it will play the West Coast teams, moving Dallas to the Central (which is really like the Upper Midwest) and taking either Detroit, Columbus or Nashville and moving them to the Southeast in place of Atlanta.

While being geographically furthest from the Southeast, Detroit *wants* to switch conferences so it can play most of its schedule in the Eastern Time Zone instead of playing out west all the time.

Personally, I'd just move Minnesota from the Northwest to the Central and then pick a volunteer to go from the Central to the Southeast. Seems the simplest recourse.
    Dont put Det in the Southeast it wouild screw up my division. Put them in with Boston and toronto and get the most rivalries

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Thanks MasterShake!!!

17. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I like it, I think it is cool

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

IMO, anything but the original logo is unacceptable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

what kind of jet is that?
    Atlanta doesnt deserve an NHL team , neither does anyplace in florida

21. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Looks like an F-16

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information