Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos could bring back Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm with everyone who is skeptical that the defensive tackles we have are decent. But I am hopeful because Fox knows defense and Allen seems like he's a up and comer as a defensive coordinator.

That said, even with as good as Fox with defense I'm not sure any amount of scheming can stem the effects of aging.
    Ok, Tex. Let the record show that Tex is "hopeful" of Fox and his coaching abilities in all facets of the game. We all got it.

Now, you better start packing on those pounds man, cause DEN has nobody to man the middle of that 32nd ranked d-line. You know, the one that was run over by a freight train up the middle all last year.
    Anyone who thinks that coaching can cure this mess on the line with the players currently on the roster is on dope.
    You should be "hoping" for FA, cause its all you got left.

2. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Ok, Tex. Let the record show that Tex is "hopeful" of Fox and his coaching abilities in all facets of the game. We all got it.

Now, you better start packing on those pounds man, cause DEN has nobody to man the middle of that 32nd ranked d-line. You know, the one that was run over by a freight train up the middle all last year.
    Anyone who thinks that coaching can cure this mess on the line with the players currently on the roster is on dope.
    You should be "hoping" for FA, cause its all you got left.
    I've worked to hard to take off weight I don't want to put it back on.

I hope you're not calling dope because I never said they could just stand pat. They said they have plan for free agency we'll see what happens.

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I've worked to hard to take off weight I don't want to put it back on.

I hope you're not calling dope because I never said they could just stand pat. They said they have plan for free agency we'll see what happens.
    No to mention that it going to take more than one draft to fix a McDaniels depleted roster.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

6. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” Dareus told Michael Irvin on WQAM Monday via BuffaloBills.com. “Denver I’ll get a chance to play them in the regular season and I’m going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.”

“My sole focus was for me not to give you a reason to not pick me and you still don’t?” Dareus said. “Okay, I understand you have needs somewhere else, but if you need somebody to control your front and be a commander across the front and not let anything happen? I work my butt off to do that, and you pass me up still? Okay, I’ve got something for you.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...assing-on-him/

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

oh brother... I hope our guys don't fall over while shaking in their boots.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

I am sure we will all be happy with Von but I think dareus is going to be a beast and love the attitude for getting retribution on those that passed.

11. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Makes me even more glad the Broncos passed him up. Such arrogance.

I'm sure Von Miller will have something to say when they have the ball . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

-----
    LOL - yeah - he should have said -- "good choice panthers / broncos for passing on me. Von will be a much better player".

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    LOL - yeah - he should have said -- "good choice panthers / broncos for passing on me. Von will be a much better player".
    How about, "I am grateful to the Broncos for considering me. Von Miller is a great player, too"?

I guess that might seem unreasonable on this board. Figures.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

-----
    I don't see it as arrogance. He's going to play with chip on his shoulder.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

How about, "I am grateful to the Broncos for considering me. Von Miller is a great player, too"?

I guess that might seem unreasonable on this board. Figures.

-----
    if the tough talk in this manly sport make you uneasy there's alway ballroom dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    No to mention that it going to take more than one draft to fix a McDaniels depleted roster.
    Once again the mantra Joshes depleted roster.

Pray tell who are these players he for rid of.

Maybe the 8 starters from 08 that iirc are not in the NFL any longer. Certainly none of them are starters.

If you mean jay, BM, ts, Hamilton,hills, the aging center. All but jay was given a chance to adapt, learn the Playbook and perform.

Jay whined his way out of town after asking for a Trade the day Josh was announced and having his panties in a wad as normal.
    BM was given a chance to act like an adult but failed to do so.
    Ts no one knows for sure but iirc he is #3 TE in det.
    Hamilton could not hold a block in fact had problems years ago in pass protection.
    Hollis I'll give you that one
    Casey Same as Hamilton.
    So tell me. How depleted. Was it.

Btw all were replaced with players that did as well or better than those they replaced.

So who did we lose. that was not replaced already, perhaps you should be bit pissd about the poor players that mikey left behind. that Josh had to replace.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 05-17-2011 at 02:52 PM.

-----
    What else would you want him to say.

I'd encourage him to be vocal like that to me it shows purpose and competitive blood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    On the offensive side of the ball to be sure.

On the defensive side of the ball McDaniels just kept the status quo. The only difference is that that he switch to 3-4 base alignment.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information