Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos could bring back Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    It is my understanding that Bannan is considered a better fit for the 4-3, and I
    think I remember his saying something to that effect in one of his radio
    interviews . . .

-----
    He's also made it public that he's willing to take less money to go back to Baltimore. He wants to play for a winning team... That ain't us...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I think Allen is kinda stuck with whoever they can get him so of course he's going to praise them at this point. I wouldn't be suprised if he had his fingers crossed behind his back when he said that, though.

3. The Following User High Fived BigSarge87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, let's bring back the guys that started for the worst run defense in the league. . .

now that's ****ing brilliant!
    Think your right but then, it may be down for any port in a storm time since the fubared the draft.

I realize it's not a popular sentiment, but I think J-Wall would be a good fit in Fox's D. John Fox has a history of using guys that are prototypical 3-4 NT's in his 4-3. Kemoteau is no more athletic than J-Wall is.

Additionally, J-Wall atleast had some good games last year. I believe Bannan graded out negatively in almost every game he played in last year. He was easily our worst starting defensive lineman, with the exception of McBean. Even Thomas graded out better than Bannan most games.

I'm befuddled as to why some are so eager to see Bannan come back. He was the worst player of a four man rotation invovled in one of the worst run D's this team has ever seen.

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I don't follow the stats religiously like some of you do. I said I'd be interested in Bannon only because I vaguely remember him making a decent play once in a while. I can't remember Williams even being in the game.

If the numbers say Williams will be better, sweet. Either way, they probably only get playing time if we come up with nothing out of FA, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSarge87 View Post
    I don't follow the stats religiously like some of you do. I said I'd be interested in Bannon only because I vaguely remember him making a decent play once in a while. I can't remember Williams even being in the game.

If the numbers say Williams will be better, sweet. Either way, they probably only get playing time if we come up with nothing out of FA, right?
    You're probably right. I personally thought Williams played well in the second half of the season. He was always doubled, and never was moved off the LOS.

Bannan on the other hand, was never doubled, and yet still gave up big plays.

Vickerson actually graded out better than all of them.

I really don't want to see either of them in a Broncos uniform ever again.

And Vickerson getting leaner? What the hell? Since when does a player moving from DE to DT lose weight?

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I really don't want to see either of them in a Broncos uniform ever again.

And Vickerson getting leaner? What the hell? Since when does a player moving from DE to DT lose weight?
    He's losing FAT and adding muscle. Muscle, last I saw, weighed more.
    He's into it. The coaches are into it. They want speed and strength....not slow and fat.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

11. The Following User High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

I hope they don't bring them back. Williams disappeared in games at times. Kind of crazy how a 300+ pound fat guy can just vanish into thin air. I think McFadden is still running through Mile High as we speak
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

13. The Following User High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    I hope they don't bring them back. Williams disappeared in games at times. Kind of crazy how a 300+ pound fat guy can just vanish into thin air. I think McFadden is still running through Mile High as we speak
    One player was not the reason for the lack of D.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    I don't see us getting much out of a 35 year old nose tackle who over the last few years has had trouble staying healthy.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Yeah, the coaches have indeed expressed that they think they have some decent DT's already on the team. My jury is still out on that...
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

18. The Following User High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    Yeah, the coaches have indeed expressed that they think they have some decent DT's already on the team. My jury is still out on that...
    I'm with everyone who is skeptical that the defensive tackles we have are decent. But I am hopeful because Fox knows defense and Allen seems like he's a up and comer as a defensive coordinator.

That said, even with as good as Fox with defense I'm not sure any amount of scheming can stem the effects of aging.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-17-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    He's losing FAT and adding muscle. Muscle, last I saw, weighed more.
    He's into it. The coaches are into it. They want speed and strength....not slow and fat.
    Yet when the rubber meets the road if your "anchor" at DT is outweighed by the center or either guard by 20+ pounds that means the LB will be fighting off those same guys before they can make the tackle

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    Who would that be? Vickerson is the only DT we have under con tract

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information