Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall trade

Default Brandon Marshall trade

Final results in on the deal, and if you follow all the little side paths with various picks, it looks like the Broncos basically come out with Tebow and Orlando Franklin in the exchange. Franklin has way too much bust potential for my liking, but Tebow should make the deal worthwhile on his own.

2. The Following User High Fived robert ethan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Final results in on the deal, and if you follow all the little side paths with various picks, it looks like the Broncos basically come out with Tebow and Orlando Franklin in the exchange. Franklin has way too much bust potential for my liking, but Tebow should make the deal worthwhile on his own.
    Good post, however, it is far from final results. Marshall has a horse crap QB throwing the ball.

Time will tell but, nothing is final just yet.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Good post, however, it is far from final results. Marshall has a horse crap QB throwing the ball.

Time will tell but, nothing is final just yet.
    Yep. If either Tebow or Franklin turns out to be a solid career starter, then we got our money's worth. Marshall doesn't appear to have improved his off-field situation and until he does, he'll never reach his full potential on it.

What a waste, the guy could've been the best WR in Bronco history.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Can someone lay out how the 2nd for Marshall turned into Tebow?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Can someone lay out how the 2nd for Marshall turned into Tebow?
    Wasn't Miami's 2nd from last year one of the picks we packaged, among others, to get back up into the 1st for Tebow?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Wasn't Miami's 2nd from last year one of the picks we packaged, among others, to get back up into the 1st for Tebow?
    Basically what I remembered, which means you can't say we got Tebow and Franklin for Marshall.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Marshall got stabbed by his wife, unequivicably, we won the trade.

Good riddance clown marshall.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Marshall got stabbed by his wife, unequivicably, we won the trade.

Good riddance clown marshall.
    He got stabbed by a Sony too....of course it may not be fair to implicate Sony like that, with me not being sure of the actual brand.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He got stabbed by a Sony too....of course it may not be fair to implicate Sony like that, with me not being sure of the actual brand.
    And tripped by the hamburgler

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Lol...Tebow has more "bust" potential than any player in the NFL.

But even then he won't really be a bust, because only McDumbass thought he was a first round talent.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You're right...I suppose 20% you could say we got Franklin and 80% of Tebow. That's still fine by me!
    The other picks they used to trade up for Tebow were extras from trading down in the first place. They also got some extras this year by trading down in the second so S.F. could draft Kaepernick. Tebow will be a far better NFL quarterback than Kaepernick. If you consolidate the deals, they got Orton, Ayers, McBath, D. Thomas, Tebow, Decker, Franklin, and I believe J. Thomas and Virgil Green for Cutler and Marshall. Perrish Cox for Scheffler. Good deals that will just get better and better as time goes by.
    Last edited by robert ethan; 05-14-2011 at 12:49 AM.

The other picks they used to trade up for Tebow were extras from trading down in the first place. They also got some extras this year by trading down in the second so S.F. could draft Kaepernick. Tebow will be a far better NFL quarterback than Kaepernick.
    The point is that much of what was used to get Tebow were the picks they got by trading back before finally picking DT. You cannot say that the Broncos got Tebow and Franklin for Marshall, as it is only 'part' of Tebow that came from the Marshall trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Marshall is still a better player than Tebow and Franklin. Jury is still out.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Marshall is still a better player than Tebow and Franklin. Jury is still out.

Hes also a cancer that cant stay out of trouble, and brings unwanted attention to his front office and teamates.

He is a yearlong suspension waiting to happen, and something tells me he may be arrested for assaulting his wife soon....unless she shoots him in self defense first.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

The other picks they used to trade up for Tebow were extras from trading down in the first place. They also got some extras this year by trading down in the second so S.F. could draft Kaepernick. Tebow will be a far better NFL quarterback than Kaepernick. If you consolidate the deals, they got Orton, Ayers, McBath, D. Thomas, Tebow, Decker, Franklin, and I believe J. Thomas and Virgil Green for Cutler and Marshall. Perrish Cox for Scheffler. Good deals that will just get better and better as time goes by.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Tebow.

What I was geting at is that some of it may have been comensation from trading down/later picks, but probably close to 80% of the value came from the 2nd we got for Brandon. My 20% insert was a typo.

I don't see how it can be argued that Miami got the better part of the deal when Brandon might not even be playing for the Dolphins next year. I don't think it's taken them long to figure out why he wore out his welcome in Denver.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information