Page 346 of 390 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I didn't think it was predictable given the scope of...(you know) with the characters. The origin twists were solid, too.

Did you think it was uninvited, given how the subject matter was heavily religious? Not a debate thing here: I guess I'm so accustomed to certain subject matter intrinsically having commentary in it -intended or not- that I'm kind of immune to it. If I see a show that's based on/in a religious setting, it seems impossible to miss.

Then again, to argue with myself, and to your point: One could watch The Exorcist and find at most incidental commentary.
    There's a ton of intrinsic commentary, as you describe. Some of it was genuinely interesting, made you think a little bit, but to your point--when it was natural and moved the plot, it was invited. But if there is a feeling of being hit over the head with a capital M Message (e.g., Avatar's Message is that eco-unfriendliness is evil), that's uninvited. So I tend to stay on the surface if possible, if it's not being pushed on me too thick.

I'm immune to it, I think, too. It generally just washes over me. I bet that's most folks, too--no one really likes the sales pitch.

I might have missed the origin twists you describe, I'm still fuzzy on the Monsignor's story.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, after all, I watched it to the end. I guess I was hoping for something a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There's a ton of intrinsic commentary, as you describe. Some of it was genuinely interesting, made you think a little bit, but to your point--when it was natural and moved the plot, it was invited. But if there is a feeling of being hit over the head with a capital M Message (e.g., Avatar's Message is that eco-unfriendliness is evil), that's uninvited. So I tend to stay on the surface if possible, if it's not being pushed on me too thick.

I'm immune to it, I think, too. It generally just washes over me. I bet that's most folks, too--no one really likes the sales pitch.

I might have missed the origin twists you describe, I'm still fuzzy on the Monsignor's story.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, after all, I watched it to the end. I guess I was hoping for something a little more.
    I'm going to reflect on this. Thank you for the food for thought. I could never finish Avatar. I thought the entire concept was boring. I also have a hot take about that director, but that's too spicy for the board at large.

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Started watching this tonight! I’m hooked. That end of episode 1 was surreal as hell I loved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Squid Game is legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Squid Game is entertaining, a very good October watch. 2 more eps
    Red light / green light in episode 1 is an all time scene.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Started season 2 of Ted Lasso last night. Such a well done show.
    Really is. I originally expected it to be kind of a dumb comedy. In reality, it's a drama with comedic elements. I've really enjoyed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan. Just finished the first episode. As I hoped, it's a Nobunaga Oda bio. It kicks ass so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Checking out a few shows that have been on for a few years.

First, Goliath. I thought the first season was pretty good. Kind of a Bosch meets Bad Santa feel. Second season was a big drop off, however. Since I'm scraping bottom of the barrel to find non political/preachy shows, I'll probably keep watching.

The other is Killing Eve. I'm only up to the second episode of season two, but I'm really enjoying it. Not sure which characters will stick through all three seasons (if you know, don't tell me), or the fourth and final, to be released in '22 season, but right now, it's Sandra Oh (ER and multiple movies and TV shows) as an MI5 tracking an assassin, who's played by Jodie Comer, who most recently played opposite Ryan Reynolds in Free Guy. She also was the White Princess in Starz White Princess (and think she was also in the end of the White Queen) and several other shows. She's also one of the main characters in the new The Last Duel. She's on a roll right now with a lot of roles.

Both Oh and Comer are great in this series. Comer is like a cross between Harley Quinn and Steve Buscemi's character in Con Air. She is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The other is Killing Eve. I'm only up to the second episode of season two, but I'm really enjoying it. Not sure which characters will stick through all three seasons (if you know, don't tell me), or the fourth and final, to be released in '22 season, but right now, it's Sandra Oh (ER and multiple movies and TV shows) as an MI5 tracking an assassin, who's played by Jodie Comer, who most recently played opposite Ryan Reynolds in Free Guy. She also was the White Princess in Starz White Princess (and think she was also in the end of the White Queen) and several other shows. She's also one of the main characters in the new The Last Duel. She's on a roll right now with a lot of roles.

Both Oh and Comer are great in this series. Comer is like a cross between Harley Quinn and Steve Buscemi's character in Con Air. She is great.
    Killing Eve is really good. Comer is fantastic. Not a huge fan of the Sandra Oh character but still love the show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Squid Game kind of fell apart in the end for me. Still an entertaining watch that will stick with me, but I think it tried to be too ambitious and made some leaps that didn't really bring me along.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Having heard the premise of squid game, I zero interest in watching it. Just not the kind of thing I find interesting. You're all welcome for this very important take.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Finished “Breaking Bad” and watched “El Camino” as the finale. Well worth the wait. I like waiting to watch these series so I can binge watch.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Squid Game kind of fell apart in the end for me. Still an entertaining watch that will stick with me, but I think it tried to be too ambitious and made some leaps that didn't really bring me along.
    Agree, I don't think it's the greatest show ever or anything. But it was nice to have something entertaining to watch along with the rest of the world.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Finished “Breaking Bad” and watched “El Camino” as the finale. Well worth the wait. I like waiting to watch these series so I can binge watch.
    I will say that I watched BB when the episodes were weekly on AMC. It was about the last time there was a popular hit show that you couldn't binge. I kinda miss it. It's nice to be able to watch episode after episode, but there's something about having to wait a week, sit through the commercials, etc that made watching a show more of an actively tense experience. Like you have to wait a whole week to see what's gonna happen next...that seems like forever now!

I never watched El Camino, so maybe I need to binge so I can watch that.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The Exorcist, the tv show's first season was a solid seven out of ten. Worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I will say that I watched BB when the episodes were weekly on AMC. It was about the last time there was a popular hit show that you couldn't binge. I kinda miss it. It's nice to be able to watch episode after episode, but there's something about having to wait a week, sit through the commercials, etc that made watching a show more of an actively tense experience. Like you have to wait a whole week to see what's gonna happen next...that seems like forever now!

I never watched El Camino, so maybe I need to binge so I can watch that.
    There are pros and cons to binging, but overall I definitely prefer it over the old way. Primarily because sometimes in the several months between seasons I would forget a lot of key things. For example, I love BCS but I don’t even remember how the last season ended it was so long ago!

Second season of See is much better than the first. Watching season finale now.

23. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information