Page 337 of 390 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5838

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Shadow and Bone, on Netflix.

It's fine. Visually appealing with a storyline that is basic, but solid. I enjoy it. 7 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Shadow and Bone, on Netflix.

It's fine. Visually appealing with a storyline that is basic, but solid. I enjoy it. 7 out of 10.
    Tried watching, and couldn't make it through the first episode. Granted, I was distracted on my phone and maybe if I had paid more attention it would have been good.

We are watching a lot of Canadian, British, Aus/NZ shows of late. The canadians on Peacock, and most of the brits on Acorn. Reminds me of what US TV used to be, just about stories and entertaining, not messaging.

On US TV, have been watching Mare of Eastown. Dark, but really good.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We got an Apple TV trial recently and binged through The Morning Show and Ted Lasso. Really love both of them. Billy Crudup (Cory in The Morning Show) is someone I'd never really seen in anything and he might be one of my favorite actors now. His character in that show is one of my favorite TV characters I've seen in a long time.
    Had been seeing Ted Lasso for a while and didn't watch it thinking it would be dumb, slapstick comedy. Finally, desperate, we gave it a shot, and it was friggin good. Can't wait for the next season, which I think is June.

For all Man kind is also real good, Mosquito Coast (I think it's Apple) is pretty good.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Had been seeing Ted Lasso for a while and didn't watch it thinking it would be dumb, slapstick comedy. Finally, desperate, we gave it a shot, and it was friggin good. Can't wait for the next season, which I think is June.

For all Man kind is also real good, Mosquito Coast (I think it's Apple) is pretty good.
    Have you seen The Morning Show? Only 10 episodes out, so pretty quick watch. I was lukewarm on it when my wife told me the premise, but I wound up loving it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Tried watching, and couldn't make it through the first episode. Granted, I was distracted on my phone and maybe if I had paid more attention it would have been good.

We are watching a lot of Canadian, British, Aus/NZ shows of late. The canadians on Peacock, and most of the brits on Acorn. Reminds me of what US TV used to be, just about stories and entertaining, not messaging.

On US TV, have been watching Mare of Eastown. Dark, but really good.
    If you have the time, it'd be worth exploring again.

I understand the sentiment on messaging. Give it time. When it's 'normal' for certain things to be in shows without it being a big deal, and it's not a drawing power/commercially wise or potentially wise for it, it'll fall into place. That's actually one of the reasons why I like Shadow and Bone because it hits on some issues without being preachy or heavy-handed. But that's just my subjective interpretation, so take it with a bag of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Have you seen The Morning Show? Only 10 episodes out, so pretty quick watch. I was lukewarm on it when my wife told me the premise, but I wound up loving it.
    Yea, watched it when it was first released. Turned out to be really good. Looking forward to the second season. Apple's put out some good shows.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

If you have the time, it'd be worth exploring again.

I understand the sentiment on messaging. Give it time. When it's 'normal' for certain things to be in shows without it being a big deal, and it's not a drawing power/commercially wise or potentially wise for it, it'll fall into place. That's actually one of the reasons why I like Shadow and Bone because it hits on some issues without being preachy or heavy-handed. But that's just my subjective interpretation, so take it with a bag of salt.
    That's why I'm digging the Canadian, Brit and Aus/NZ stuff. Their entertainment is, funny enough, just entertainment. As a bonus, they don't mind throwing a little more nudity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That's why I'm digging the Canadian, Brit and Aus/NZ stuff. Their entertainment is, funny enough, just entertainment. As a bonus, they don't mind throwing a little more nudity.
    Nudity is, as a general rule, a bonus.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nudity is, as a general rule, a bonus.
    Totally depends on the naked person though. There are plenty I'd rather not see without clothing...

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Totally depends on the naked person though. There are plenty I'd rather not see without clothing...
    Fair point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Fair point.
    In your defense, you did say "as a general rule", so on that we can agree!

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Attempting a Sopranos watch/rewatch. I saw a bunch back in the day but never finished it. I'm midway through episode two and it's a bit of a slog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Attempting a Sopranos watch/rewatch. I saw a bunch back in the day but never finished it. I'm midway through episode two and it's a bit of a slog.
    I watched the first few episodes but was not enticed to continue. I'm sure it gets better. Maybe I should retry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It's one of the most overrated shows of all time, so don't waste your time. It was, for a time, great. But it's not an all-time great. Factor in that hideous ending and presto, waste of time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That's one of those shows I feel like I should see, but I've never been motivated to sit down and start it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information