Page 389 of 390 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    I’ll have to look this one up
    Looked too strange for the wife and I, but after Spike's comments, will try and convince the wife to try and episode or two. On either HBO/Max or Showtime, can't remember which.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Looked too strange for the wife and I, but after Spike's comments, will try and convince the wife to try and episode or two. On either HBO/Max or Showtime, can't remember which.
    Thanks!

I’ll admit that it’s weird and I wasn’t sure I was going to stick with it three or four episodes in, but then I began to understand the premise.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

5. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Call me a softy, but my wife & I have enjoyed the 4 seasons of “Virgin River” and looking forward to the 5th season this Fall. It’s on Netflix
    I have that on my watchlist.
    But first I need to watch “All the Light we Cannot See”,
    the Netflix adaptation of this month’s big fat bookclub set book which I’m struggling to get into. So I’m gonna cheat!

7. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    the Netflix adaptation of this month’s big fat bookclub set book which I’m struggling to get into. So I’m gonna cheat!
    I REALLY liked the limited series. It was much better than I expected.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

I REALLY liked the limited series. It was much better than I expected.
    Good to hear.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I really liked the mini series Bodies by Netflix. I don’t think you have to like the Sci Fi genre to really appreciate it, but if you like murder mysteries in general, you should like this one. I got sucked into this dark story with just the 1st episode.

In present day 2023, a detective from London discovers a fresh corpse with an eye shot out in an alleyway. Cut to 1890, then to 1941, and then 2053, and the same corpse is found in the exact same position and alleyway. You’ll spend the first handful of episodes just trying to figure out what the heck is going on, but eventually the mystery starts to unfold.

Back to the Future meets The Terminator, meets a good procedural murder mystery(s). Each timeline has a detective assigned to unravel the case, and of course they all have troubled lives and secrets. The story does have a conclusion, but the final scene ends in such a way that leaves the door open for a possible 2nd season which I would really like.
    Last edited by R8R H8R; 01-24-2024 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I really liked the mini series Bodies by Netflix. I don’t think you have to like the Sci Fi genre to really appreciate it, but if you like murder mysteries in general, you should like this one. I got sucked into this dark story with just the 1st episode.

In present day 2023, a detective from London discovers a fresh corpse with an eye shot out in an alleyway. Cut to 1890, then to 1941, and then 2053, and the same corpse is found in the exact same position and alleyway. You’ll spend the first handful of episodes just trying to figure out what the heck is going on, but eventually the mystery starts to unfold.

Back to the Future meets The Terminator, meets a good procedural murder mystery(s). Each timeline has a detective assigned to unravel the case, and of course they all have troubled lives and secrets. The story does have a conclusion, but the final scene ends in such a way that leaves the door open for a possible 2nd season which I would really like.
    We watched the first episode a couple days OK, and I just couldn't get into it. Not sure we will watch more to see if it hooks us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Have any of you watched Ted Lasso?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I watched the first couple of seasons. First season was a banger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I watched the first couple of seasons. First season was a banger.
    I love it. Freakin' hilarious. Very early Simpsons-esque humor.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Yep, in the third season there’s a funny diatribe about the Broncos.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I read the book first (about a week before I watched) and really enjoyed the book.
    I got through the first episode and a half and stopped watching due to soooo many needless changes to the original source material.
    If you have not read the book then you'll probably like it because the production value is really good.
    I just couldn't figure out why they would make so many changes to such a beautiful story.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

19. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Loved the series. Half drama, half comedy, and great cast.

21. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Loved the series. Half drama, half comedy, and great cast.
    Indeed!
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information