Page 321 of 390 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The best part (read: dumbest) was when Kelly Preston's character (thanks for the correction, my esteem for Elizabeth Shue has returned to its previous levels) starts yelling in the ER "Isn't this America? Isn't baseball America's past-time?" And then, moments later he tells her that his Trainer is "the most important person for me right now." LOL

I'll let the late great Roger Ebert finish it off for me:

You know those quizzes they run in women's magazines, about testing your relationship? "For Love of the Game" is about the kinds of people who give the wrong answers. It's the most lugubrious and soppy love story in many a moon. . .

The movie has a screenplay that lumbers between past and present like regret on a death march. Billy suits up for his final game of the season, and as he starts pitching we get the "Five Years Earlier" card, and the movie cuts back and forth between his quest to pitch a perfect game and his memories of their love affair. Will he pitch the perfect game and save the relationship? Or will he throw a home-run pitch in the bottom of the ninth, while the girl disappears? What's your best guess?

This isn't even really a Sports movie. It's a bad romance. You guys really surprise that you like this sappy romantic stuff.

Leaving aside the blasphemous comments about For the Love of the Game for a moment, I started re-watching the X-men movies, going in chronological order based on the time in the movie. So, starting with First class, days of future past, etc.

I remembered virtually zero about Origins: Wolverine. I'm sure I've seen it, but I'm not sure there was one part of that movie I remembered. Very weird.

My big takeaway is while I didn't think Dark Phoenix was the best movie, I also didn't think it was as bad as some reviews I saw in the other thread about it. I hadn't watched it since shortly after it came out, so didn't remember much about it when you guys were talking about it, but overall, I thought it was pretty good in the context of what these X-men movies are all about.

So far, Apocalypse was the one I've enjoyed the least.

On new shows, I've watched half of the second season of Hanna. It's pretty good. Maybe dragging a bit, but still good. Going to try Kung Fu Nun or whatever it's called.

Other than that, hoping some new shows pop up, if not, may need to revisit some old. Thinking about rewatching the Alias series. Also, we only watched the first season of Vikings and never finished it. Not sure how many seasons of it there was, but might go back to that.

My queue of things to watch is pretty low right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've been rewatching a lot of sci-fi. Currently rewatching X-Files, Star Trek TNG, Fringe, and Warehouse 13.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The best part (read: dumbest) was when Kelly Preston's character (thanks for the correction, my esteem for Elizabeth Shue has returned to its previous levels) starts yelling in the ER "Isn't this America? Isn't baseball America's past-time?" And then, moments later he tells her that his Trainer is "the most important person for me right now." LOL

I'll let the late great Roger Ebert finish it off for me:

This isn't even really a Sports movie. It's a bad romance. You guys really surprise that you like this sappy romantic stuff.
    Yet they hated 13 Going in 30!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

7. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Watching the new Unsolved Mysteries series on Netflix. This has the same feel. that old feel. OoOOOoOoOOh.
    Update - it was really good. Except the episode on alien abductions. That was ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The Sandlot is a mediocre movie that doesn't hold up with time. It was good when I was 8 - unwatchable now.
    You are killing me smalls.

I'm about to watch Burton's Sleepy Hollow.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    On new shows, I've watched half of the second season of Hanna. It's pretty good. Maybe dragging a bit, but still good. Going to try Kung Fu Nun or whatever it's called.

Other than that, hoping some new shows pop up, if not, may need to revisit some old. Thinking about rewatching the Alias series. Also, we only watched the first season of Vikings and never finished it. Not sure how many seasons of it there was, but might go back to that.

My queue of things to watch is pretty low right now.
    I just posted this but Warrior nun. It's really pretty good. I liked it a lot.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I just posted this but Warrior nun. It's really pretty good. I liked it a lot.
    Yea, warrior, not kung fu. I think I'll try it this weekend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Just finished the 30 For 30 episode "Eddie".

Damn, that was really good. Very touching portrait of a less-than-perfect hero.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So excited for Season 2!

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I'm rewatching Oz. Great show.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

About to watch "42". Today is a good baseball movie day.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Watching "61".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information