Page 181 of 390 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5838

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Is the Geravis skit on netflix? I am too lazy to even attempt this research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Is the Geravis skit on netflix? I am too lazy to even attempt this research.
    yeah - it is on euro netflix and UK netflix, so i guess it will be on yours as well as yours is much better than ours

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is a mea culpa, mostly for Buff's pleasure. I'm hooked on the Fx OJ show. There is acting that is still atrocious, namely Travolta and Gooding, but the actors who played Johnnie Cochran, Marcia Clarke and Chris Darden are excellent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is a mea culpa, mostly for Buff's pleasure. I'm hooked on the Fx OJ show. There is acting that is still atrocious, namely Travolta and Gooding, but the actors who played Johnnie Cochran, Marcia Clarke and Chris Darden are excellent.
    I saw Travolta in a movie about linemen recently. I don’t know if it was the directing, or just him, but it was atrocious as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It should have been too campy for my tastes, but I loved it nevertheless. Will check out Waco and the Biggie one eventually.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just finished Collateral. I loved it, I think. It was excellently filmed, and excellently acted. Carey Mulligan was great.

But...

It tried to address way too many societal issues in too short of a span. This easily could have been a 3-season, 30-episode show, but S.J. Clarkson and David Hare tried to handle all of these themes in 4, 50-minute episodes. To do a slight recap on all of the themes I gathered from it: Poverty; immigration; illegal immigration; terrorism by immigrants; the divide between European culture and Middle Eastern culture; soldiers coming home from war and not feeling that their mission is completed; PTSD; sexual assault/#metoo; British Labour party politics; raising children when the two parents aren't in love/engaged/married; working pregnant women; women in authority roles; homosexuality in the church...

Damn. Too much stuff wrapped around an extremely intriguing criminal drama. Because of that, we're left with characters that have no real ties to eachother. A pizza delivery guy who has absolutely no connection other than being the person swapped out on a job so the immigrant can be assassinated. An MP who has absolutely no other connection to the story other than that his one-time girlfriend, now baby-momma was buying drugs from the pizza delivery kid (yes, they tried to wrap him into the immigration thing, but apparently got sidetracked with the critique on the British Labour party thing only for him to eventually be the man who won't marry the baby-momma and ends up with a TV reporter). The killer's mother, who was really an unnecessary character. An illegal immigrant who barely saw the dead immigrant fall to the ground because she was so high who turned out to be the lover of a clergywoman AND an illegal immigrant.

And none of those ties came back together. Because of this, I really didn't feel any empathy for the drugged up illegal ******* the clergywoman, or the clergywoman. Or the MP. And I definitely don't give a shit about his former girlfriend, who apparently has a drug problem, an alcohol problem, a gambling problem and maybe some mental health issues (played by Billie Piper, I might add, who barely had to leave the apartment set and probably wrapped her part in two days).

But the cop-drama part, centered on Carey Mulligan's character, was so good, that I still think highly of this show. Weird. And I guess, the show did it's job. Even if I'm complaining about it, I'm talking about it.

It DID live up to the word used for the title, I guess.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Might be time to start mad men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Might be time to start mad men.
    I often think that, I'm still yet to actually follow through. I'm stubborn when people tell me that a show is really good...It took me until the final season of Breaking Bad started to finally watch that and I was done in time to watch most of the season live. I didn't start Game of Thrones or Westworld until last year (though granted, Westworld just started so...Breaking trends there)

Pretty much the sure fire way to make sure I wait 8 years to binge watch a show is tell me that it's really good. Still need to start watching Fargo too...

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I often think that, I'm still yet to actually follow through. I'm stubborn when people tell me that a show is really good...It took me until the final season of Breaking Bad started to finally watch that and I was done in time to watch most of the season live. I didn't start Game of Thrones or Westworld until last year (though granted, Westworld just started so...Breaking trends there)

Pretty much the sure fire way to make sure I wait 8 years to binge watch a show is tell me that it's really good. Still need to start watching Fargo too...
    It's scary how alike you and I are....

Goodness!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's scary how alike you and I are....

Goodness!
    Sometimes I even tell myself "wow, this show is really good" and by midseason stop watching, not because it isn't good, it is, but I just forget about it.

Case in point, I got about 6 episodes into the Starz show Counterpart with J.K. Simmons, LOVED IT, haven't seen an episode since, same with Timeless on NBC.

I need a time machine so I can watch all my shows with all the other crap I've got going on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I highly recommend mad men. Great show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Speaking of OJ, did anyone watch the "lost confession" interview Fox did a few weeks back? It was really damn compelling. It's on their website to watch now.

It's an interview he taped around the time his "if I did it" book came out, but it never aired at the time. He all but confesses to the murders in the interview (he claims it's a "hypothetical"). Super creepy stuff, but very compelling.

They had Chris Darden and a few other people there analyzing the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I highly recommend mad men. Great show.
    Well, there goes another two years before I start it... Thanks Wave, I really believe I was getting close before this setback.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well, there goes another two years before I start it... Thanks Wave, I really believe I was getting close before this setback.
    Foad!

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Foad!
    Back at you with a side of GFY.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information