Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208
Results 3,106 to 3,119 of 3119

Thread: What are you watching?

  1. #3106
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dr Elway's Monster
    Posts
    18,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Burke made for good governing.

    Look, it's all about Rawls. We all know this. We're learned men.
    Both created the conditions where good men, could in good conscious, could perpetuate the subjugation of others under the guise of civilisation.

    One day, you will be able to acknowledge this. And that day will be glorious.

  2. #3107
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    46,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Both created the conditions where good men, could in good conscious, could perpetuate the subjugation of others under the guise of civilisation.

    One day, you will be able to acknowledge this. And that day will be glorious.
    You assume that such conditions are unavoidable. There is no avoiding it - even if we were to accept the logic of a (philosophical) anarachy you would still have this as you have humans: some will always have more power than others if for no other reason than they have more charisma or cunning, intellect or raw knowledge, experience or years on the earth. Someone will have to organize the way of life - and that in and of itself is a fundamentally uneven amount of power and that IS subjugation.

    And that's why Rawls is the best - because he figured it out and said the best we can do is give the most equal opportunity possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Impressive. He does manscaping too, for all you single ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Many a man shoot a target, but it takes a special man to “shoot they own ass”.

  3. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  4. #3108
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    46,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You assume that such conditions are unavoidable. There is no avoiding it - even if we were to accept the logic of a (philosophical) anarachy you would still have this as you have humans: some will always have more power than others if for no other reason than they have more charisma or cunning, intellect or raw knowledge, experience or years on the earth. Someone will have to organize the way of life - and that in and of itself is a fundamentally uneven amount of power and that IS subjugation.

    And that's why Rawls is the best - because he figured it out and said the best we can do is give the most equal opportunity possible.
    Oh look at you you pretentious *******. You just had to aggrandize those sentences. You're a monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Impressive. He does manscaping too, for all you single ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Many a man shoot a target, but it takes a special man to “shoot they own ass”.

  5. #3109
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dr Elway's Monster
    Posts
    18,939

    Default

    I love the analysis and the rational. Literally I do. I appreciate that shit.

    Just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't enjoy critical thinking.

  6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  7. #3110
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    46,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I love the analysis and the rational. Literally I do. I appreciate that shit.

    Just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't enjoy critical thinking.
    The weakness with the argument is that the dilution of power isn't enough to mitigate the issues to an acceptable level. Your stance, and I know what it is, doesn't posit a paradise of Utopia to be better.

    Rawls' logic is a natural acceptance of capitalism. Should the means of production and control not be privatized, one could logic out that what I typed above is what you'd get.

    No one really knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Impressive. He does manscaping too, for all you single ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Many a man shoot a target, but it takes a special man to “shoot they own ass”.

  8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  9. #3111
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    84,692

    Default

    I was just looking for TV recommendations.

    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Is there also a reason he was drafted in the 3rd round?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes, the reason he was drafted in the 3rd round is because no one drafted him in the 2nd round.

  10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  11. #3112
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    20,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You assume that such conditions are unavoidable. There is no avoiding it - even if we were to accept the logic of a (philosophical) anarachy you would still have this as you have humans: some will always have more power than others if for no other reason than they have more charisma or cunning, intellect or raw knowledge, experience or years on the earth.
    I reject such an outcome! A philosophical anarachy would unfairly shift power to Enochs and Anthropods!!!

    Seriously though guys, you really know your shit about... whatever it is you are discussing.

    On topic though, been finishing the latest season of Better Call Saul. That show is amazing and somehow keeps getting better and better. I can't believe that considering we know where the characters will "end up" after the run of the show that they are still able to generate so much tension each episode. Really good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Anyway, I sure can ramble. But I have a point.

  12. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:


  13. #3113
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dr Elway's Monster
    Posts
    18,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I reject such an outcome! A philosophical anarachy would unfairly shift power to Enochs and Anthropods!!!

    Seriously though guys, you really know your shit about... whatever it is you are discussing.

    On topic though, been finishing the latest season of Better Call Saul. That show is amazing and somehow keeps getting better and better. I can't believe that considering we know where the characters will "end up" after the run of the show that they are still able to generate so much tension each episode. Really good stuff.
    You sleep well in your bed under the pretense that no telepathic helmets for warrior anthropods will exist for another 300 years. Because of Rawls that advancement will be upon us in decades, the body armor is already a reality, skilled posturers talk to purple helmets and you concern yourself with Saul Goodman?

  14. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  15. #3114
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    20,170

    Default

    Between you and MasterShakes deep-fakes, I'm now literally too scared to sleep. So, jokes on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Anyway, I sure can ramble. But I have a point.

  16. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:


  17. #3115
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dr Elway's Monster
    Posts
    18,939

    Default

    I'm just messing, no telepathic helmets exist, and I actually love rawls And purple helmets, as I can talk to them (the helmets, not rawls, I can't speak to the dead) although perhaps in the 24 century it will be possible

  18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  19. #3116
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    20,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I'm just messing, no telepathic helmets exist, and I actually love rawls And purple helmets, as I can talk to them (the helmets, not rawls, I can't speak to the dead) although perhaps in the 24 century it will be possible
    #prostituteMedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Anyway, I sure can ramble. But I have a point.

  20. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:


  21. #3117
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    46,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You sleep well in your bed under the pretense that no telepathic helmets for warrior anthropods will exist for another 300 years. Because of Rawls that advancement will be upon us in decades, the body armor is already a reality, skilled posturers talk to purple helmets and you concern yourself with Saul Goodman?
    Rawls is actually "bug speak," for helmet communication overlord overload causing a dialectical requirement to revolt against the bourgeois...I mean bugeois."
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Impressive. He does manscaping too, for all you single ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Many a man shoot a target, but it takes a special man to “shoot they own ass”.

  22. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  23. #3118
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    20,170

    Default

    Is there a revolt voltage requirement or are the bug helmets resistant to resistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Anyway, I sure can ramble. But I have a point.

  24. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:


  25. #3119
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I spoke with TD, and he had this message:
    This gave me a pleasant chuckle.

    OH, and TD. I think you should reconsider bro.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Watching Raider Chiefs on TVU
    By Spider in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 03:28 PM
  2. Do you like watching Preseason games?
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 11:46 PM
  3. Moment of truth (or something like that) - who's watching
    By OB in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 01:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group