Page 185 of 390 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5838

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I just started watching Altered Carbon.

And its pretty awesome. Kind of amazing, a Sci fi FX production movie value in TV show form.

Love it so far. Blade Runner esque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Watching the season 2 premiere of Westworld and I continue to ask myself if there's an allegorical society critique I'm just not getting or if it's just a new spin on a western. I continue to enjoy it, but I can't figure out if it's smarter than me and I'm just missing it's significant theme, or if I should just shut up and be entertained.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Watched the first episode of the Netflix Lost in Space. If it can maintain the entertainment of the first episode, Netflix is going to have a hit on their hands. It's vastly different than the old TV show and the 1998 movie, but I found the first episode really enjoyable. It'll be interesting seeing the show play out.
    We watched the last five or six episodes yesterday, ending at 2am.

I really enjoyed it. Hope they make a second season.
    Last edited by Tned; 04-23-2018 at 01:10 PM.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Watching the season 2 premiere of Westworld and I continue to ask myself if there's an allegorical society critique I'm just not getting or if it's just a new spin on a western. I continue to enjoy it, but I can't figure out if it's smarter than me and I'm just missing it's significant theme, or if I should just shut up and be entertained.
    Shit, I was simply enjoying it with no thought to message, now I'm going back over the 75 minute second season premier in my head trying to see a societal theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

And its pretty awesome. Kind of amazing, a Sci fi FX production movie value in TV show form.

I described it to a friend as almost a cross between blade runner and strange days.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

My only complaint was the gratuitous nudity...It was a bit over the top for me and I enjoy Westworld and Game of Thrones...

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It was a pretty dang good episode. I have no idea what the heck is going on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

I really envieen it. Hope they make a second season.
    I finished it up the other day when I was puking. I liked it a lot. The 10 episode format really worked well for it because they were able to keep each episode tight and exciting. It was a bit predictable at times and required a suspension of disbelief, but it was better quality than most of the network TV channel's put out every week.

10. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    My only complaint was the gratuitous nudity...It was a bit over the top for me and I enjoy Westworld and Game of Thrones...
    Too much nudity? I can think of no way to respond other than this ===>

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

I really envieen it. Hope they make a second season.
    Good to hear. Only 3 episodes in and hoping it stays good.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Good to hear. Only 3 episodes in and hoping it stays good.
    The pace doesn't drop off. That was the one thing that had me most happy about it. The first couple of episodes had lots of action and excitement and I kept expecting there to be a lull and it never came. Most shows have a mid season drop off in quality, Lost in Space went strong for all 10 episodes.

14. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Season 3 of Billions started up recently and this show is just as good as ever. I'd put it up there as one of my favorite scripted dramas of all time. I love how they always seem to touch on the current political climate without it ever being overt. Damian
    Lewis and Paul Giamatti absolutely kill it on this show. They do a great job of making you understand why both the "good" and "bad" guys in the series have their motivations and how bending morality for profit or justice is probably a bad thing either way. Probably the best show no one is talking about, probably because it's on Showtime.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Season 3 of Billions started up recently and this show is just as good as ever. I'd put it up there as one of my favorite scripted dramas of all time. I love how they always seem to touch on the current political climate without it ever being overt. Damian
    Lewis and Paul Giamatti absolutely kill it on this show. They do a great job of making you understand why both the "good" and "bad" guys in the series have their motivations and how bending morality for profit or justice is probably a bad thing either way. Probably the best show no one is talking about, probably because it's on Showtime.

I have been waiting for some episodes to pile up in season 3 before I dive in so that I can binge watch... I can't handle weekly appointment viewing anymore. The first two seasons were great!

Brian Koppelman (the show's co-creator) also has a podcast that I like.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

I have to pick it back up. The wife and I watched somewhere between three and five episodes, and then I think some of the fall shows started, and we never went back to it. Not sure why. I enjoyed what we watched, and I keep hearing people talking about how much they like it. I'm going to have to give it another shot.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have been waiting for some episodes to pile up in season 3 before I dive in so that I can binge watch... I can't handle weekly appointment viewing anymore. The first two seasons were great!

Brian Koppelman (the show's co-creator) also has a podcast that I like.
    This is the only show since Game of Thrones and besides Breaking Bad that I have to pull up on Sunday night when I get a chance. Everything else I can wait on.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information