Page 330 of 390 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    One of those that probably didn't need to be 6 episodes, but it's really interesting how it all went down.
    I'm on episode 4 now and kinda seeing your point. All the background on the family lives and mob stuff with a lot of the players in this probably could have been cut down a bit.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I was going to say election coverage, but with that out of the way. Going to go watch another episode of Gangs of London. Like Housewives of NJ, but with more makeup, and less violence than HW of NJ.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Mandalorian was great. Going to continue the adventure of the week style, which is what made it so good IMO. Only complaint is that Baby Yoda is really only a prop in this episode. Also Boba Fett has arrived.

I'm not the huge Star Wars geek that many are, but should I worry that I somehow missed the clue that Boba Fett appeared? I didn't get this at all. Was he the guy right at the end of 2-1?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm not the huge Star Wars geek that many are, but should I worry that I somehow missed the clue that Boba Fett appeared? I didn't get this at all. Was he the guy right at the end of 2-1?
    Yes.

The through-line they seem to be setting up is that Oliphant got the armor from Boba, and Boba has been hanging around waiting for his chance. If I’m not mistaken that’s the actor who played Jengo, and subsequently his clones, in Clone Wars.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yes.

The through-line they seem to be setting up is that Oliphant got the armor from Boba, and Boba has been hanging around waiting for his chance. If I’m not mistaken that’s the actor who played Jengo, and subsequently his clones, in Clone Wars.

Or Oliphant did get it from the Jawas like he said, but they had somehow gotten it from Fett when he somehow survived the Sarlacc pit. Maybe he lost his armor in the Sarlacc pit or something.

But I still don't get how we are to know it was Boba Fett. I didn't recognize him as that actor, but it was such a short bit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Or Oliphant did get it from the Jawas like he said, but they had somehow gotten it from Fett when he somehow survived the Sarlacc pit. Maybe he lost his armor in the Sarlacc pit or something.

But I still don't get how we are to know it was Boba Fett. I didn't recognize him as that actor, but it was such a short bit.
    I went back and watched, I’m 100% sure it’s Temeura Morrison. He was also rumored to be playing the part earlier this year, even though Favreau was mum. It’s definitely an Easter egg type deal meant for nutty people like myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54C7973C-FF70-42B8-BD21-BDF49A668C36.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	18037
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We loved this. Started it one evening, watched later than I should have with work the next day, and then finished it the next day. Great show, only downside was it didn't have enough episodes.
    Finished Queen's Gambit last night... Overall a good and entertaining show.

I go back and forth on whether I liked the length or not. I kind of think it could have just been a movie -- but then I am reminded of how long The Irishman was, and how everybody hated that length. I was thinking it could have been shorter though, not longer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I go back and forth on whether I liked the length or not. I kind of think it could have just been a movie -- but then I am reminded of how long The Irishman was, and how everybody hated that length. I was thinking it could have been shorter though, not longer.
    I agree with you that mcmillions was too long, but I thought Queen's Gambit was the perfect length. I was hooked by every episode. Thinking through the 7 episodes, I'm not really sure what I would have cut.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I agree with you that mcmillions was too long, but I thought Queen's Gambit was the perfect length. I was hooked by every episode. Thinking through the 7 episodes, I'm not really sure what I would have cut.
    It's definitely more of a problem with documentaries/podcasts, I've noticed. Especially podcasts where they're trying to monetize each episode.

I think the length was mostly fine. It just seems like back in the day you HAD to cut your content down to a watchable 2-3 hour movie, and that forced a certain discipline on content creators to make it concise. Some of these shows get to be too meandering - but I probably wouldn't have been as invested in some of the characters if it was shorter, and that's kind of what makes the movie in the end is how you're invested in them...

So final answer is that I think I agree, it was probably the right length.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As someone who really really hates long movies, I tend to prefer a mini series that maybe does have more filler than a movie would, but I can at least consume in shorter chunks. Your example, the Irishman, I'll never watch because of how long it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    As someone who really really hates long movies, I tend to prefer a mini series that maybe does have more filler than a movie would, but I can at least consume in shorter chunks. Your example, the Irishman, I'll never watch because of how long it is.
    I personally love that movie - but I'm a scorsese guy. Same premise as queen's gambit - they wanted to cover several periods in time and not give short shrift to any of them. It really is too long for a single movie though, it falls in the weird in between zone and I see how that turns off the average viewer...

On the flip side though, half the time my GF will be like, "what about this show" and I'm like "Oh 7 episodes? No way I'm committing to that."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I will keep on with Queen’s Gambit. I enjoyed the first episode. I don’t watch a ton of TV during football season, and already watching Mandalorian and now The Undoing, which has been fantastic through three episodes. But I’ll keep going on Queen’s Gambit too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Irishman was a miniseries that they crammed into a movie so Marty could make a run at an Oscar.

I loved it. But I do get the length problem.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Ive been watching a lot lately.

Watched the boys. That was good. Both seasons.
    Mandalorian obviously.
    I am watching altered Carbon as well. I like it so far. Not too shabby.

Right at this moment I am watching Oceans 11. One of my favorite movies. I love this movie. The spin offs sucked, but the original (Clooney version) is so well done.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Yea, they probably could have told the story in a shorter, movie length approach, and just left out some of the backstory stuff, or dramatically changed it. For Love of the Game style.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information